Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Ok, I posted this story in the "How to Make Bricks Interesting" thread, and it was recommended that I repost it here.

A friend of mine was playing a Big Red Cape homage named Ultraman. UM was being chased by one of his nemisese, who knew about his vulnerability to Argonite radiation, and was trying to get close enough to sap UM's powers with the Argonite chunk that the villain had acquired. He flew about as fast as Ultraman, and was chasing him through the campaign city at high speed.

Ultraman cant close to hit the guy, or else he will get within range of the Argonite. The guy is wearing reflective armor that deflects UM's heat vision. The exoskeleton the villain is wearing makes him immune to the cold breath, and so on.

The encounter went something like this:

Ultraman (OOC): Alright, I dive down through this man-hole, and into the tunnels under the city. You remember; the network of tunnels that Gorrillaman had his lair in a while back.

GM: Okay. You find the tunnels kind of tight; you cant fly at full speed and maneuver down here.

Ultraman (OOC): Thats fine. If I cant go full out, neither can he.

GM: Fair enough.

Ultraman (OOC): Okay. While Im flying around down here, trying to avoid him, I use my X-Ray vision.

GM: What are you looking for?

Ultraman (OOC): Pipes I -cant- see through.

GM: Okay. Youre under "Oldtown", so there are probably pipes down here you cant see through because theyve got too much lead content in them.

Ultraman (OOC): Groovy! Okay, I fly toward the biggest set of those pipes that I can find. Ill use my Ultra-Hearing to see if I can tell if theres anything running through the pipes.

[The GM has Ultraman roll. He makes his Perception roll by a ton]

GM: Okay, youre pretty sure these pipes arent in use any more.

Ultraman (OOC): All right! Ill fly along underneath those pipes, if I can.

GM: There are some running along the ceiling of the tunnels youre in, in some places.

Ultraman (OOC): Great! As I fly underneath them, I hit them with a strafing run of Heat Vision!

GM: Um...ok. The lead pipes melt under your heat beams.

Ultraman (OOC): Perfect! As the lead melts, I swoop underneath it, so as much of the lead as possible lands on ME. Ill turn in flight and coat myself with it.

GM: Its pretty hot, but considering you have Life Support to heat, and your ED is so high (and fully resistant) *rolls some dice* 22 Stun and 8 Body wont get through your hide at all, will it.

Ultraman (OOC): Nope! And now that Im coated in lead, Ill turn around and fly -toward- the bad-guy. His Argonite rock wont help him now; Im wearing a lead liner!

[uM proceeds to knock the villains block off] :D

Guest Major Tom

Ok, I posted this story in the "How to Make Bricks Interesting" thread, and it was recommended that I repost it here.

A friend of mine was playing a Big Red Cape homage named Ultraman. UM was being chased by one of his nemisese, who knew about his vulnerability to Argonite radiation, and was trying to get close enough to sap UM's powers with the Argonite chunk that the villain had acquired. He flew about as fast as Ultraman, and was chasing him through the campaign city at high speed.

Ultraman cant close to hit the guy, or else he will get within range of the Argonite. The guy is wearing reflective armor that deflects UM's heat vision. The exoskeleton the villain is wearing makes him immune to the cold breath, and so on.

The encounter went something like this:

Ultraman (OOC): Alright, I dive down through this man-hole, and into the tunnels under the city. You remember; the network of tunnels that Gorrillaman had his lair in a while back.

GM: Okay. You find the tunnels kind of tight; you cant fly at full speed and maneuver down here.

Ultraman (OOC): Thats fine. If I cant go full out, neither can he.

GM: Fair enough.

Ultraman (OOC): Okay. While Im flying around down here, trying to avoid him, I use my X-Ray vision.

GM: What are you looking for?

Ultraman (OOC): Pipes I -cant- see through.

GM: Okay. Youre under "Oldtown", so there are probably pipes down here you cant see through because theyve got too much lead content in them.

Ultraman (OOC): Groovy! Okay, I fly toward the biggest set of those pipes that I can find. Ill use my Ultra-Hearing to see if I can tell if theres anything running through the pipes.

[The GM has Ultraman roll. He makes his Perception roll by a ton]

GM: Okay, youre pretty sure these pipes arent in use any more.

Ultraman (OOC): All right! Ill fly along underneath those pipes, if I can.

GM: There are some running along the ceiling of the tunnels youre in, in some places.

Ultraman (OOC): Great! As I fly underneath them, I hit them with a strafing run of Heat Vision!

GM: Um...ok. The lead pipes melt under your heat beams.

Ultraman (OOC): Perfect! As the lead melts, I swoop underneath it, so as much of the lead as possible lands on ME. Ill turn in flight and coat myself with it.

GM: Its pretty hot, but considering you have Life Support to heat, and your ED is so high (and fully resistant) *rolls some dice* 22 Stun and 8 Body wont get through your hide at all, will it.

Ultraman (OOC): Nope! And now that Im coated in lead, Ill turn around and fly -toward- the bad-guy. His Argonite rock wont help him now; Im wearing a lead liner!

[uM proceeds to knock the villains block off] :D

Now that was abso-positively fraggin' brilliant.

Major Tom :thumbup:

Background: This is a Champions Universe campaign wherein we are a supergroup, the Fiends of Legend. There are guest stars every once in a while, but the core group consists of:

The Grey Ghost- A classic trickster, speedy, with entangles and an odd propensity to attract women despite his gooey exterior (he's gotten several crits on seduction checks)

Icy-Hot- Part ice! Part fire! Part brick! Part Energy Projector! When you've got two warring elementals in your head, life can get tough... And while it hasn't come up yet, he's the only one in the group without CvK in some way.

Adamant- Ostensibly, this Man of Silver is the leader of the group. Really, it's whoever has the best idea right now. He's a pretty classic Thing-type brick.

Junkyard Dog- The gadgeteer of the group, and my character. An Energy Projector with a killer synergy on find weakness. Now has a rep because she faced down Mechanon. And lived.

The Angel- The Other Techno Nerd, the Angel is a Catholic from Boston who decided Millenium City might be a good way to get away from his parents. More fool he. Bar none the most well-rounded character in the group, and includes a nasty Missile Reflection.

Previous the day's adventure. Note Dr. Jolene Corvin is Junkyard Dog's secret identity. Angel knows this. Adamant does not:

Adamant: Mrs. Corvin wants me to set up a bachelor party for you, Angel.

Angel: Mrs. Corvin... as in... Mother of famed anti-socialite, Jo Corvin?

Again, previous the day's adventure, while everyone was off investigating their own plotlines:

Junkyard Dog: Well, I'm checking on something- since when do my walker-drones have a personality?

Grey Ghost (OOC): Since we thought it was funny.

Icy-Hot (OOC): Well, really, since Number 34 started downloading the bad files.

Best out-of-context:

GM: [Phase 6, Angel], you just saw a bear come out of a pineapple.

Today, as you might have uessed by now, we were facing off against Black Harlequin's foul scheme to kill off an electronics expo, C4. No, he really couldn't resist the pun. As the teddy bear robots are setting up:

Junkyard dog (OOC): *To the TMNT theme* Ninja pirate zombie robots, ninja pirate zombie robots...

The GM is noting all the symbols on the gigantic Teddy bears. One is a ninja mask:

Icy-Hot (OOC): Ninja Teddy!

Angel (OOC): You mean a set of lingerie you can't see?

GM: Yes, the finest in invisible lingerie.

Junkyard Dog (OOC): But I already got that on my birthday!

Unfortunately, I flew in too fast and got mobbed by something like seven or eight of the things. Tru to the GM's luck, though, he kept missing. And missing. After a phase or two of this:

Junkyard Dog: *muttering* Why do I always attract the wierdoes...?

Icy-Hot (OOC): You don't, Angel is still trying to get away from you.

Junkyard Dog's deep shameful secret is that she goes to karaoke bars for her Streetwise check. As to the code to finish the little game, well:

Junkyard Dog: I think I have it. I can only hope Jenny didn't change her number...

There were a few less quotables at our Space Opera game last night, as the GM started an "I'm sorry I derailed the plot" jar, with a 5 cent charge per infraction. I'm now about 5 bucks in the hole. Anyways, the best one I can remember for the night was:

GM (as NPC Andi): "Well, my boyfriend back on the station could've kicked your... wait, no, he was a pacifist."

Dante (maybe OOC): "Pacifist? I'll pacifist through your face!"

Background:

Previous the day's adventure. Note Dr. Jolene Corvin is Junkyard Dog's secret identity. Angel knows this. Adamant does not:

Adamant: Mrs. Corvin wants me to set up a bachelor party for you, Angel.

Angel: Mrs. Corvin... as in... Mother of famed anti-socialite, Jo Corvin?

You didn't clarify that Angel is marrying Jo. You might also want to give some more background from this interesting relationship, oh granddaughter of Destroyer.

-Adamant

You didn't clarify that Angel is marrying Jo. You might also want to give some more background from this interesting relationship, oh granddaughter of Destroyer.

-Adamant

I thought that was sort of clear from the context. And it has not yet been proven she is Destroyer's grand-daughter. So shut it.

Millennium Guard Madness, for the first time in a while!!!!! Many of the later quotes take place after the PC's discover that Doris is a creepy MILF in her 50's who will sleep with anything.

GM: What is your fascination with Otto Runk?

Chameleon (OOC) “Because You Can Never Say ‘Otto Runk’ too much.”

“Could you sign autographs for us?” (Gibraltar Flexes)

Shadowsilver: I was a precocious child. My dad was a supervillian.

Volt: Me, too!

Gibraltar: I was a rock. What’s a dad?

Chameleon: I was thinking the same thing. Only my dad still wants to kill me. I wish my dad was a rock.

Doris Crandall (NPC): If you could find my 1.3 billion dollars, I’d make a donation to a charity of your choice.

Gibraltar: The Gibraltar Foundation.

Shadowsilver: Shut up! You are a foundation.

Doris: Well, I understand Shadowsilver’s the kind of woman who likes to show another lady a good time.

Shadowsilver: I’m not as randy as I used to be, and I’m attached now.

Doris (To Shadowsilver): Oh, come on, you’ll like it, dear. I’m a MILF, let me show you out.

Shadowsilver: So who’s gonna follow Doris around town?

Gibraltar: You! You have the best excuse. You’ll be in her room!

Shadowsilver: HEY!

Partacel: (After Rescuing Doris from Otto Runk, a Nazi Scientist in an evil gel bubble armored suit) It’s all right, Ma’am. You’re safe now.

Doris: You’re Partacel! Couldn’t you just un-nuclear bond me and give me a kiss with tongue?

Partacel: I’m married ma’am, and under these circumstances, I’m afraid I’m going to have to ask you to stuff it.

Doris: Marriages can be gotten around.

From this weekend's D&D one-shot:

The party was commissioned to locate a powerful artifact. We found it hidden deep in the astral plane, along with a "hazard beacon", left behind by another incarnation of the party from an alternate timeline.

The last line in the warning of the beacon was "DO NOT WANT!"

Rick's response: We really need to stop leaving our hazard beacon messages in lolcat.

Kelcyron

This is more like "famous last words" than quotables but has remained the all-time ICON of table talk for us during the last 16 or so years....

MAVRIC from Champions Presents.....Brenson Air Force Base.....party of 5 pinned down by roughly 100 or so robots bent on destruction of the intruders.....no major limits on powers.....and the idea mounts.....

"Let's throw down our weapons and 'pretend' to surrender.."

Guest Major Tom

This is more like "famous last words" than quotables but has remained the all-time ICON of table talk for us during the last 16 or so years....

MAVRIC from Champions Presents.....Brenson Air Force Base.....party of 5 pinned down by roughly 100 or so robots bent on destruction of the intruders.....no major limits on powers.....and the idea mounts.....

"Let's throw down our weapons and 'pretend' to surrender.."

Surely there was at least one member of this group who shouted out

"Somebody call John Connor! Skynet's going ape**** on us!!"

Major Tom :D

Well, the GM wasn't here this week, so the Grey Ghost filled in for a one-shot with the characters. Highlights:

Junkyard (OOC, explaining powers): Well, the Entangle is encompassing since it Affects Desolid, so yeah, it hit both [Vector and Morph].

Icy-Hot (OOC): So basically, you're extruding a soap bubble.

Junkyard (ooc): Hey, yeah. I have ROVER!

The Grey Ghost on how Vector was able to get up so quick:

GM: Yeah, but he's got healing. Healing gets you Recovery. Recovery gets you consciousness. Consciousness gets you freeeeedoooom!

Angel protests about someone suing him.

GM: I'm sorry but you rolled a 6 on three dice of Unluck.

Junkyard (OOC): But he doesn't have Unluck!

GM: You're near lawyers. everyone has Unluck!

And, of course, the coup-de-grace:

FOX News: [Adamant], Why did you spend most of the fight unconscious?

From the Wardens Chronicles a few sessions back...

++++++++++

Eon - "We wield abilities far beyond normal people, so what is wrong with the government doing due diligence."

++++++++++

The discussion is interrupted by security reporting the arrival of small dragon in strange attire at the tourist launch dock. The security camera shows a three foot tall gold-scaled dragon sporting an orange straw coolie hat, a neon yellow and green floral-print Hawaiian shirt with buttons the size of silver dollars, purple parachute pants and a pair of sandals that he seemed barely able to keep of his taloned feet.

Eon - "He looks like he is a little too loud to be a mole"

Delta-Vee - "Unless that is what they want you to think."

Knight - "A knight meeting a dragon, who would have thought"

++++++++++

Karex walks over to the small podium and delivers a speech.

"Greetings, Earth humans."

"On behalf of the Yric confederacy, I exchange pleasant courtesies to the locally known examples of deviant development identified as Ambergris, the human female with the strength of a mighty whale; Sir White, the antique android; Neon, the courageous medical assistant and Earth human with unpronounceable identifier who travels at great velocity."

"I politely suggest empathic feelings for the disappearance of your tribe member identified by mathematic notation Prime. While it is unfortunate that his publication coincided with an information transfer to the Yric High Council of Earth documents covering propaganda efforts of Earth human culture known as 'Nazis' and the Earth human entertainment, 'Starship Troopers,' I express belief in improbable juxtaposition of unrelated events and voice public opinion that Earth humans do not plan harm towards my peaceful people."

"Informal dictates of outdated but societal-integrated code of personal honor dictate I assist Wardens in investigating Prime disappearance and temporarily perform Prime’s tribal functions until true violator of Earth human collective’s cultural customs can be publicly verified."

"Review of records indicate tribal function consisted of traveling with pack and hurling various substances containing high levels of kinetic energy at violators of cultural norms until Alpha dominance of pack established. Also performing dangerous and ill-advised experiments near large masses of dominant human subspecies. Unfortunately, Yric societal custom prevents the needless endangerment of innocent sentients, so Prime’s tribal function may only be partly performed. My apologies."

Knight - "The performance of dangerous and ill advised experiments will not be continued"

Karex asking about 'Sir White' the 'antique android' "how is he powered by the way... rubber bands, clockwork, perhaps even a marvelously primitive fission reactor?"

++++++++++

Eon - "The ACLU can sue for alien access, after all they will be visiting in large numbers."

Karex - "No conquest is planned, but if so we would talk to the dolphins first."

++++++++++

Karex - "If it helps you to know, humans are the most violent race we have ever encountered"

++++++++++

Karex talking about his art collection - "some of the greatest artworks of your civilization."

Delta-Vee - "Reproductions or originals?"

Karex - "Originals"

Delta-Vee - "You have the Mona Lisa?"

Karex - "Oh no, not by your tastes but ours"

++++++++++

Karex speaking of his Earth history studies, "We studied them thorough readily available methods."

Delta-Vee - "Written or broadcast transmissions?"

Karex - "Broadcast transmissions"

Delta-Vee - "You do realize that a lot of those are not real accounts?"

Karex - "Oh yes, that is why the council depends on my interpretations of them"

++++++++++

Karex when asked if his uses his teeth in combat "You mean biting them? That seems dreadfully unsanitary"

++++++++++

Delta-Vee - "Have you had interactions with normal people?"

Karex - "I've been to several sci-fi conventions"

Delta-Vee - "I said normal people"

++++++++++

Delta-Vee speaking about introducing the cheer team he coaches to Karex "They're used to seeing my glowing ass... let me rephrase that."

Someone named their character "Ambergris"? Do they know what that is?
Negative, she is not named Ambergris... Karex is an alien and misinterpreted the Wardens' names...

Ambergris = Amethyst

Sir White = Sir Knight as in the Knight of St Michael

Neon = Eon

and unpronounceable = Delta-Vee

Karex's player, Mark, tends to provide the strange and inexplicable to the campaign... Everyone had a good laugh at his first 'address' as the 'Yric Ambassador to Earth'...

Explaining his absence the last time:

Kale: My presence was required at my church. There was a slight crisis of faith. *cracks knuckles*

Dusty introduces his new cohort:

Dusty: His name is unknown.

Kale: So he won't tell us?

Dusty: No, he's called Unknown.

Why the DM got more cake, said during a combat:

Naomi: He's god, he gets special treatment.

Blædimir: But I'm the one who's about to release a ball of wind. (A powerful spell)

Dusty: Please use the bath room.

Best without explanation:

Blædimir: The wall isn't actually a giant burrito!

Trap finding:

Blædimir: We're going need an animal. A cute, furry, small, expendable animal.

On our tactical situation:

Blædimir: We're in an anti-magic field, we have no idea what sort of traps we could be dealing with.

Kale: Mundane ones?

The plan:

Kale: Corridor , corridor, corridor, corridor, steal door.

DM: Iron, not steel.

Kale: Not steel, S-T-E-A-L. Loot, loot, loot, loot.

Without explanation:

Naomi: You've crossed the fine line between evil and gay.

Situation: We bust into a guy's library, ripping the door of the hinges. We then proceeded to pull out a statue of him to make room for the door in a bag of holding. We then cast our most powerful spells at him, burning his hand off (it was carrying the symbol of a god we hate), and smashing him into the roof. Turns out he was a vampire.

Situation:[/b] We bust into a guy's library' date=' ripping the door of the hinges. We then proceeded to pull out a statue of him to make room for the door in a bag of holding. We then cast our most powerful spells at him, burning his hand off (it was carrying the symbol of a god we hate), and smashing him into the roof. Turns out he was a vampire.[/quote']

Sigh. Another Polaroid moment.

Some old and new from our Serenity game.

GM (me, OOC): "How do you get bacon from a porn star?"

---------------------------

Kera, the Captain's little sister has recently become pregnant. Prior to this, she's been a chain-smoking, hard-drinking, Shot-Rifle toting She beast.

Kera (OOC): "Do I have to roll for fetal alcohol syndrome?"

----------------------------

Kera tells her brother the news.

Kera: :rips the cigarette out of his mouth and stomps it: "If I can't, then you can't."

Jonathan: "What? Why?"

Kera: "You're gonna be an uncle."

GM (Me): :rolls dice:

Kera (OOC): "What was that for?"

GM (OOC): "Rolling for an ulcer."

Kera, the Captain's little sister has recently become pregnant. Prior to this, she's been a chain-smoking, hard-drinking, Shot-Rifle toting She beast.

Then how did she become pregnant? I guess it all depends on what you mean by she-beast.... The others might not help, but that last one seems like a deal breaker.

Kera tells her brother the news.

Kera: :rips the cigarette out of his mouth and stomps it: "If I can't, then you can't."

Jonathan: "What? Why?"

Kera: "You're gonna be an uncle."

GM (Me): :rolls dice:

Kera (OOC): "What was that for?"

GM (OOC): "Rolling for an ulcer."

Was that the first time he found out about her being pregnant? That´d be a funny way to break the news.