What Champions Books Would You Like Published in the Future?

humantorch101

Re: What Champions Books Would You Like Published in the Future?

Honestly I think Hero Games should get into licenses. They could start small with small universes like Hell Boy. Sure you have to pay royalties but with the rep of the titles you are sure to increase the number of gamers.

They could even do obscure titles like.. Thundercats. Or even films and other generas.

Eventually once you start with the smaller companies the big fish will be more willing to also join in.

I mean how cool would it be to have a JLA source book, or an X-Men?

Yes, I'd like to see that too but can you imagine the resulting maelstrom on these boards if Hero Games officially wrote up Batman or Captain America? The carnage! Oh, the carnage!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a few from the Phantom:

CHAMPIONS:BLOODLINES The Blood from the classicThe Blood and Dr.McQuark which details not just the Blood family of Azor and the dimensional world of Ean,but also other Blood families on and off earth,called the Starblood who may or maynot have a connection with some of the heroes of earth.[if you're wondering where i got this from,Iwas inspired by Battlestar Galactica(the original version,not the current).]They might include some ready made heroes and villians.

CPS299[Champions Public School]

Inspired by PS238,Champions Roleplaying in the style of POWER PACK and the NEW MUTANTS[original] players become preadolescent superheroes fighting Kid Villians while training in a special facility for paranormal children.

Not only do PCs must battle kid and adult villians,but also must deal with the problems an craziness that go with being a kid.

Cities of HEROES: Bay City

details Bay city California in all its heroic glorywith heroes and villians and includes the Famous Arcadian academy.

Cities of Heroes: San Angelos,Metroplolis of the Capes

Cities of Heroes:New Arkham,city of Mystery

Cities Of Champions:The Carolina Triangle

what can I say three cities three seting for Champions.

Inspired by PS238,Champions Roleplaying in the style of POWER PACK and the NEW MUTANTS[original] players become preadolescent superheroes fighting Kid Villians while training in a special facility for paranormal children.

Just to be anal and pedantic here, but the New Mutants were never preadolescent. They were all 13-16 at the beginning of the series (and then aged on Marvel time admittedly). Teen Champions already covers that series.

5. The Champions Universe Media Sourcebook

Okay. This needs a better name. Essentially this would outline a number of specific media outlets in the Champions Universe and how they interact with the superpowered community. This could include a cable news network, a cable channel dedicated to superheroes, a newspaper with a columnist ranting against heroes, a WWE-like organization that stages superpowered fighting contests with staged storylines like those of professional wrestling, and so on. This would include write-ups and major NPCs for each and appropriate plot threads. It could also include a discussion of things like books and TV shows that have superhero themes. Finally, it could things like reporter packages and such for those PCs who want to play media characters.

That's it for now -- might have more ideas later.

Maybe something like Behind the Spotlight

,Networks and Newshounds, or

Capes, Cameras, and Critics

Just to be anal and pedantic here' date=' but the New Mutants were never preadolescent. They were all 13-16 at the beginning of the series (and then aged on Marvel time admittedly). Teen Champions already covers that series.[/quote']

So sue me for the Typo,'Kay?

HEADQUARTERS AND HARDWARE covers the How tos on Vehicle,Gadget and HQ design not covered in Gadgets and gear.:cool:

Beneath the Surface - A sourcebook to a world completely unknown to almost all surface dwellers. Essentually' date=' an underground world of people who live in a subterrainian world.[/quote']

Wasn't there a sourcebook adventure made a long time ago for 4th ed?

It's called INVADERS FROM BELOW!:confused:

1. The Conquerors - adventure supplement with an updated team. Neutron and his, ahem, brotherhood of mutants.

2. I would pay big money for a real comicbook set in the Champions U. Champions vs CKC villains. In the margins or page opposite, would be notes and combat particulars. Please oh please oh please.

/Dr Evil

Evil Mutants?

/End Dr. Evil

Some expanded Argent thoughts.

If they do the Argent book then they should do something like The Political World sourcebook to follow it up.

Various government superteams. Supers and poltics. World laws and the differences between conventional teams and say one working out of China. International UN teams and tie-ins with UNTIL.

Hi all,

Personally I'd liek to see a book of Super Science. So many super powers stem from science accidents or experiments or are technology based I think it would be a great book for source material. I'd ideally like it to have chapters on genetics, computers, energy wepaons, powered armor, and of course Doomsday Weapons and Orbital Mind Control Lasers. Every good hero goes up against an evil geniuse at one point or another. Also wouldn't mind a book like Olde Timey Champions like Jules Verne and League of Extrodinary Gentlemen, when people thought outer space was filled with ether and Mars was hollow (who says it isn't?), sort of a Champions by gaslight.

I think the Super Science idea is because my main villian right now is a science guy and I need ideas.

E

...Super Science. So many super powers stem from science accidents or experiments or are technology based I think it would be a great book for source material. I'd ideally like it to have chapters on genetics' date=' computers, energy wepaons, powered armor, and of course Doomsday Weapons and Orbital Mind Control Lasers. Every good hero goes up against an evil geniuse at one point or another....E[/quote']

Seconded! Also, I want the full set of Ultimate (insert Archetype here) Books.

Hi all,

I am not a big fan of the Ultimate: insert Archetype sort of books. To me it smacks of the D&D "Complete insert Archetype Guide" which if you think about it; having a cookie cutter title ultimately leads to cookie cutter characters. I think a book that outlines "The Ultimate" anything leads to less creativity and tends to make players think there is a "right" and a "wrong" way to make their character, and the point of having a flexible system like Hero Games is that there isn't. Also if a player is trying to make his character "The Ultimate" of an archetype he probably is focusing on things that are more related to the mechanics and system of the game rather than the narrative and story of the game; which to me is what is really interesting.

Don't get me wrong I think Munchkinism and Power Gameing have their place but interesting characters and engaging narratives will always win out, as will a well thought background story.

E

and after all of the nice things I said about your idea E :(

Actually I don't think an Ultimate Book has as much power as you think and while I understand your position, I disagree. I think of those types of books as a resource for new players or a way to re-invigorate old players with new ways to look at a classic archtype.

Either way, to each his own.

True enough, sorry I went there.

Pure Champions genre book....

Champions Possibilities

Think the Marvel "What If..." series. Each chapter could be a different Possibility

What if...

Mutantkind supplanted Humanity

The Hzeel had conquered the Earth

Bulldozer was a Serious Threat

Foxbat were a Hero

and the obligatory...Destroyer Ruled the World

I'm sure that Steve, Darren and co. could come up with WAY better Possibilities than I can. Might make a great way to showcase how rich with personalities and source material the CU really is.

I think the Super Science idea is because my main villian right now is a science guy and I need ideas.

E

Sorry Mr. E, that book already exists. It is called Gagets And Gear. Of course, it dosen't cover city destroying mega weapions, but it does cover lots of other stuff. In fact, it was a great help when I created Mr. Wicked. I used lots of the basic stuff when creating him (like the retractable bladed boots, weighted and razor sharp function of his opra cape, his cane which contains many a weapion from a sword to a lazer, electafied kid gloves, ect...).

Also like to see a book describing what is currently going on in "outer space". Something along the lines of a present day Galactic Champions style book, but with a power-level scale closer to the Standard Super-hero level. It could have write-ups for space phenomenae, important celestial entities and alien races.

Here's my two cents' worth:

One thing that really needs to be done for this game system is something similar to the Cyberpunk 2020 supplement "Listen Up You Primitive Screwheads!" A comprehensive guide for GM's on how to create unique and interesting campaign settings, how to manage player character (and villain) progression, guidelines for creating adventures and story arcs, and so on. Admittedly, the "Challenges For Champions" supplement was extremely helpful, but didn't really tackle the angle on how to make an extended campaign work. Kudos to Aaron Alliston for his work in the Champions Sourcebook for tackling the subject as well, but I still see a lot of posts here about campaign settings and people wanting help with them. It wouldn't have to be written as a canonistic work, it could just be commentary by various "acknowledged" GM's on how they dealt with issues such as these in their campaigns.

And now I'm out of pennies. :) Be well.

Matt

Sorry Mr. E' date=' that book already exists. It is called [b']Gagets And Gear[/b]. Of course, it dosen't cover city destroying mega weapions, but it does cover lots of other stuff. In fact, it was a great help when I created Mr. Wicked. I used lots of the basic stuff when creating him (like the retractable bladed boots, weighted and razor sharp function of his opra cape, his cane which contains many a weapion from a sword to a lazer, electafied kid gloves, ect...).

Do you mean the Equipment guide? I don't see a "Gadgets and Gear" book in the current rooster of guides and supplements.

Just wondering.

E

Do you mean the Equipment guide? I don't see a "Gadgets and Gear" book in the current rooster of guides and supplements.

Just wondering.

E

Gadgets & Gear was published last year. You can find information about it in the Our Products section.