Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

Re: "Neat" Pictures

20 of the World's Most Beautiful Libraries:

http://www.oddee.com/item_96527.aspx

I visited the Trinity College Library in Dublin last year, and it was quite beautiful. The thing that I found most interesting, though, is how they arranged the shelves. They didn't have the Dewey Decimal System or the Library of Congress System back when this library was founded, no. So they arranged their books by size -- the smallest books on the highest shelves, the largest books on the lowest shelves! :rofl:

I visited the Trinity College Library in Dublin last year' date=' and it was quite beautiful. The thing that I found most interesting, though, is how they arranged the shelves. They didn't have the Dewey Decimal System or the Library of Congress System back when this library was founded, no. So they arranged their books by size -- the smallest books on the highest shelves, the largest books on the lowest shelves! :rofl:[/quote']

Brilliant! So... the heavy books... brilliant.

Wait... isn't that how the Koran was organized?

Edit: [wiki] "Generally, longer chapters appear earlier in the Qur’an, while the shorter ones appear later. The chapter arrangement is thus not connected to the sequence of revelation."

I'm more of a traditionalist so, even though I like that they put the Main Seattle Public Library on their list, I would have chosen Suzallo Library on the University of Washington Campus. Most of the library is uninteresting but the Graduate Reading Room is quite beautiful.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38217[/ATTACH]

This picture doesn't really do it justice.

I'm more of a traditionalist so, even though I like that they put the Main Seattle Public Library on their list, I would have chosen Suzallo Library on the University of Washington Campus. Most of the library is uninteresting but the Graduate Reading Room is quite beautiful.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38217[/ATTACH]

This picture doesn't really do it justice.

Where's the sorting hat?

I visited the Trinity College Library in Dublin last year' date=' and it was quite beautiful. The thing that I found most interesting, though, is how they arranged the shelves. They didn't have the Dewey Decimal System or the Library of Congress System back when this library was founded, no. So they arranged their books by size -- the smallest books on the highest shelves, the largest books on the lowest shelves! :rofl:[/quote']

So the Hero System stuff is in the basement?

The palindromedark asks whatever happened to that Natural Extelligence thread anyway?

This is a new word to me. Sounds like a limited concept of Wisdom that can only be accessed through inanimate objects. Contrast with paranormal 'Psychometry' (aka 'object-reading').

Is this what you were referring to? http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/74246-Computer-as-a-Network-of-Humans?highlight=Extelligence