• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

Re: "Neat" Pictures

An Awesome Display of Cunning Pack Mentality

At times nature can be cruel, but there is also a raw beauty, and even a certain justice manifested within that cruelty.

The alligator, an ultimate predator and normally considered the "apex predator" in its ecosystem, can still fall victim to team-work strategy. The tight-knit social structure of the dog pack has been refined by thousands of years of natural selection.

Note that the alpha dog has a muzzle hold on the alligator, which impairs its breathing, while the remainder of the pack prevents the beast from rolling.

Hidden for violent content.

Gruesome.jpg

An Awesome Display of Cunning Pack Mentality

At times nature can be cruel, but there is also a raw beauty, and even a certain justice manifested within that cruelty.

The alligator, an ultimate predator and normally considered the "apex predator" in its ecosystem, can still fall victim to team-work strategy. The tight-knit social structure of the dog pack has been refined by thousands of years of natural selection.

Note that the alpha dog has a muzzle hold on the alligator, which impairs its breathing, while the remainder of the pack prevents the beast from rolling.

Hidden for violent content.

Gruesome.jpg

That sent chills down my spine. I think you took the right course and kept it hidden for those that might be squimish. ;):D

I've had my camera for a month. Time to pay off some.

My son, with long sword, in the padded-weapon combat pit at the Renaissance Fair last weekend. He looks better than he fights :rolleyes:. I've cropped out all but little pieces of his mom's hand and arm in the background.

[ATTACH]22660[/ATTACH]

I've had my camera for a month. Time to pay off some.

My son, with long sword, in the padded-weapon combat pit at the Renaissance Fair last weekend. He looks better than he fights :rolleyes:. I've cropped out all but little pieces of his mom's hand and arm in the background.

Why stop there. ;)

Ah-HA! THAT's what Roman Dirge was talking about in that volume of Lenore. The story was pretty funny; having a visual to go along with it just makes it better.

The ladies' room is pretty funny, too.

Oh, and here's a single pic of Josh's and my new kitten, Risu:

risu5-large.jpg

(Click it to get to a bigger picture.)

There are more here.

Ah-HA! THAT's what Roman Dirge was talking about in that volume of Lenore. The story was pretty funny; having a visual to go along with it just makes it better.

The ladies' room is pretty funny, too.

Oh, and here's a single pic of Josh's and my new kitten, Risu:

risu5-large.jpg

(Click it to get to a bigger picture.)

There are more here.

Yep, no doubt about it. You have been officially adopted by Risu.

So Cute! :)

^ v ^

She really is. Josh took her in to my work to visit us yesterday, and everyone cooed over how cute and fuzzy she is. "Cute as a button" came up more than once.

By the way, you probably already know that "risu" means "squirrel". So that first picture on the page is, indeed, a little squirrel attacking the big squirrel. A friend joked about that when I posted it on my LJ.

Here's the pic I'm talking about:

risu1-large.jpg