• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

• 2 weeks later...

Re: "Neat" Pictures

OK' date=' look at the image of the Bucket-wheel machine and tell me why this one is real and the rocket-propelled chainsaw (perhaps laser guided, autofire, and gyro-stabilized) is an absurd fantasy.

Certainly this is fodder for PhotoShop, anyway. :D

Because being rocket-propelled is of no value for most practical things one would actually use a chainsaw for, perhaps?

Despite the obvious intimidation factor involved, chainsaws and other devices that operate on that principle aren't very practical weapons, particularly for everyday use. They're high-maintainance, foul absurdly easily, use up fuel you'll need for other things and aren't really much better at cutting through flesh than a simple sword (which only needs to be kept clean and sharp). If you're using one as a weapon, it's because it's an emergency and you don't have anything better on hand, or you're a psychopath trying to emulate the slasher films.

Chainsaws are really good at cutting through wood and similar substances, however. They are the friend of those who must cut down trees, cut downed trees apart, prune large trees while keeping them alive, etc. I suppose you could cut through a door with one, but there are easier and more effective ways to break down a door.

Considering that the chainsaw is rocket propelled I'm assuming that the chain is spinning at incredible speeds? I'm think that with them being diamond edged adamantium it will cut through just about anything. ;)

YOU'd need to make it AP then.

It would have been funnier if they were wearing indian' date=' police, and construction costumes. :)[/quote']

So get a couple of friends together in costume and go set up your own picture. Everyone's a critic.

But you're right, of course.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary suspects this is some kind of parody of that group, The Vegetable People - the ones who did "In The Gravy..."

• 2 weeks later...