The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

Re: The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hey, I don't complain about my physical, except how it makes me delay my breakfast. A female friend of mine made rude comments about the "annual scratch & sniff test" -- her words, not mine, for her Pap smear test -- and that was enough to break me of complaining. I don't enjoy it, but it's not that big a deal.

I've dodged that particular bullet so far; the doctor gives me just a regular check for lumps and leaves it at that after asking me if I've found anything irregular lately.

The Pap, though . . . *winces*

When I was getting my exams through my college, the doctor would always remark, "Ooh, you're so SENSITIVE."

It's too bad that's not the one I nearly snapped the speculum shut on.

Pardon me, but what's "Nice and Happy" about this conversation ? :doi:

My kittens are happy. They have the tube that wrapping paper was wrapped around to play with. And Saturday Star got her head stuck in a tissue box and walked all over the desktop with it on her head. It was hysterical.

Pardon me' date=' but what's "Nice and Happy" about this conversation ? :doi: [/quote']

My initial comment: I'm OK. My medications are doing their job, the parts of me that were checked out, checked out OK. And I can leave off thinking about this physical exam stuff for another year. That's "nice happy".

Normally I don't do nice and happy, but with my crazy work schedule, I'm over the hump for the week -- just two more nights of work and I'm on vacation for nine days! Plus, today is payday! Yay! Now I can pay my doctor bill from my bout with the flu after New Years!

Matt "Don't-call-me-Mr.-Sniffles" Frisbee

Thrak mentioned today about Blood drives, so I did my usual check on "So am I still unable to donate" look at Red Cross.

They Changed the Rules! My time in England was after 1996, so apparently I don't have to worry about Mad Cow. There was a blood mobile near where my mom is, so after her appointment, I donated a bunch of red cells. Nifty machine that takes the cells and then pumps the plasma back. Neat to watch.

A couple of weeks back the lollipop lady who helps kids cross the road near where I pick up a bus was injured in a car accident. She has been off for a couple of weeks but today was back on duty which is heart warming.
Nice to know. Nice heart warming story, thanks for sharing.

I'm finally leaving London on teh 6th of feb. Contrary to death tribbles belief structure, it's not the centre of the world. There was a reason I left in here in '85 (and no, special branch was not involved... I think) and I've been reminded of it very forcefully. So, I'm going back to my family... YAAAYY!! :)

A couple of weeks back the lollipop lady who helps kids cross the road near where I pick up a bus was injured in a car accident. She has been off for a couple of weeks but today was back on duty which is heart warming.

One of the black belts who was injured in a motorcycle accident last year is back in training.

We have a guy in the Kendo club who's a real inspiration. He was my first trainer when I first started out, and to call those beginner sessions "tough" would be, at leas to me in the condition I was in back then, an understatement. :)

Four years ago, he crashed with his bike going down the steepest hill in town. Crashed head first. Crashed very badly. He hung, as they say, between life and death for a week, and had to have some parts of his brain removed.

Today, he still has some problem with his motor skills, and suffers bouts of epilepsy. But he still trains, even if he tends to warn his opponents of his lack of control in kirikaeshi and keiko. And what he lacks in skill, he more than makes up in stubbornness and endurance.

And besides, since he shaves his head, he has a very impressive scar. :)