The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

Re: The "Nice Happy" Thread

There's a posse of kids on the street downstairs. Some are on their way to the park, some are going to Grandma's, and some are arriving at Grandma's.

I think I'll stick my head out the window and tell them to stay off the lawn.

Be sure and wave a cane at them.

Well, I ate good food today. All day and night. I made my EGO rolls at -8 because I was starving and did not eat junk chocolate from the Drugstore when I was out. I had cheese, crackers and grapes instead from the WAWA across the street. My cough is a bit better already.

Well' date=' I ate good food today. All day and night. I made my EGO rolls at -8 because I was starving and did not eat junk chocolate from the Drugstore when I was out. I had cheese, crackers and grapes instead from the WAWA across the street. My cough is a bit better already.[/quote']

Yaay! :)

Those of you that know my posting schedule will have been surprised by my absence. Well the mother was visiting London and so I was taking her around town. This involved the trip to the theatre mentioned previously, taking her for Tapas for the first time, going to a jewellry shop in Fulham (where she bought something), going to the Taste of London event in Regenm's Park and being photographed with Gary Rhodes and seeing her neice (my cousin) and her kids in Kent.

All in all a good time.

I have arrived safely in Bethlehem, Pa. The trip was largely stress-free.

The prog rock apocalypse begins in less than six hours.

Who you seeing?

It was the final NEARfest festival.

Friday was Aranis, a fine chamber-rock ensemble from Belgium making their debut in North America, and the mighty Van der Graaf Generator. Got to meet the VdGG guys after the show, and they were all cool and generous with their time. I'm seeing them again at a local theatre in a few days.

Saturday was Helmet of Gnats (USA, fusion), Twelfth Night (England, neoprog, making their US debut), Anglagrd (Sweden, epic instrumental prog), and Renaissance (England/US, folk-prog with strong influences from Russian classical).

Sunday was the Gosta Berlings Saga (Sweden, post-rock, North American debut), Il Tempio Delle Clessidie (Italy, goth-prog, North American debut), the Mike Keneally Band (US, mostly jam bandish) and the recently reunited U.K. (England, classic prog).

Awesome festival. Got to hang out with a good friend I don't get to see much, talk to interesting people, and spend entirely too much money on music. I'll miss it.

This is gonna sound weird, but bear with me.

At the funeral for John (Jen's brother-in-law) today, his casket was made of simple yellow pine and the "flowers" were all greens and browns (he was an outdoorsman) and all I could think was: "I hope people know me that well, when I go."

This is gonna sound weird, but bear with me.

At the funeral for John (Jen's brother-in-law) today, his casket was made of simple yellow pine and the "flowers" were all greens and browns (he was an outdoorsman) and all I could think was: "I hope people know me that well, when I go."

When I go, I want to be cremated and my ashes thrown in Rush Limbaugh's face.

When I go' date=' I want to be cremated and my ashes thrown in Rush Limbaugh's face.[/quote']

I still can't decide whether I want to be cremated because it's cheaper, or buried whole so that I might be able to rise as a zombie later.

I'm taking a different tack. I'm going to be cremated, then I want my ashes put into fireworks and set off at the end of the funeral ceremony (if possible ... I'm not sure how much time typically passes between cremation and ceremony).

In other news ... is it bad that I consider that going over 24 hours without throwing up again to be worthy of the Nice Happy thread?