Victorian Hero (Sorta)

TheQuestionMan

Good day Herphiles, I was checking some of my notes and thinking about my wish list for future Hero Products and have decided that I want Victorian Hero.

Here is why;

- Regency

- Victorian

- Exploration

- Steampunk

- Castle Falkenstein-ish

- Call of Cthulhu-ish

- The Great Game - Espionage

- Western-ish. The Weird Wild West

- Forgotten Futures

- Space 1889

- The Meji Restoration

- The Dark Continent (The Boar War)

- Europeon Imperialism (Africa, India, the Middle East)

- The Great Train Robbery

- Around the World in 80 days

- ClockworkPunk

- China's Boxer Rebellion

- Shamballa

- The South American Lost Cities of Gold (the Roman Colony)

- Jewel's Vern-isms

- Tesla Cannons

- The Ether of Space.

- Planetary Colonialism and non human races

- Psychics, Mediums, Cultists

- Sherlock Holmes, Moriarty, Fu Man Chu

- War of the Worlds

- Time Travel

- Descent to the Center of the Earth

- Lord Darcy

- Bram Stoaker's Dracular

- Monster Hunters

- The Hellfire Clubs

- The Industrial, National, and Cultural Revolutions

More Later

QM

Re: Victorian Hero (Sorta)

Hmm... I could have sworn that you already "compiled" the HERO By Gaslight website, but I couldn't find it on any of your Victorian source lists. So, here it is. :)

In case you missed it from my main RPG Conversions list, there are also a couple of websites providing character conversions and chargen guidelines for Space 1889, here and here. The first one also includes logs from the website author's campaign.

• 2 weeks later...

Count me in - I knew Pulp Hero was on my "I WILL buy this" list, and it met and exceeded all my expectations!

Victorian Hero is moving quickly from my "I want this" list to "I WILL buy," especially since two of my regular group have expressed real interest in the period, after I brought up the coming of VH.

Well, we definitely want to do a VH genre book, have no fear of that. It's just a question of fitting it into the schedule at the proper time. A historical genre book takes a lot of time to write, and often has the added expense of research materials, so we can't just toss 'em out onto the game store shelves as if they were Hero Plus Adventures. ;)

Well' date=' we definitely [i']want[/i] to do a VH genre book, have no fear of that. It's just a question of fitting it into the schedule at the proper time. A historical genre book takes a lot of time to write, and often has the added expense of research materials, so we can't just toss 'em out onto the game store shelves as if they were Hero Plus Adventures. ;)

What? With the writing speed you've demonstrated in the past, I find that hard to believe. You must be getting slower in your old age. :P

• 5 months later...

Well' date=' we definitely [i']want[/i] to do a VH genre book, have no fear of that. It's just a question of fitting it into the schedule at the proper time.

In the next year or so? I hope it'll be out by the time I can get ahold of 5ER and finish conversions, so I can move straight onto stealing the new setting data (already nicely statted out in HERO).