Eosin

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Daily Art Findings

Evertyime I see a fantasy building like that, I always envision the contractor:

"You want me to build what, where???"

Seriously, the foundation alone would be a nightmare.

Keith "But it looks real cool" Curtis

Tell that to the guys who built Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater. Throw enough money at a problem, and it ceases to be a problem. :D

I just wanted to say that I really enjoy this thread. Thank you for everyone who contributes.

On behalf of those who contribute ~ you're welcome.

This is one of those strange full circle moments. Let me explain - three years ago, I knew nothing about art and didn't pay much attention other than "cool" versus "not cool." I was looking to commission several pieces for The Last Dominion and so I wrote you an email. At the time, you were booked and referred me to RPG.net freelancers forum. I happened to strike gold by hooking up with Lee Smith (a credit to his profession), who took me aside and taught me about art freelancing; at least he taught me enough that I can contract with other freelancers and know what I am getting myself into.

Because of your tip, I managed to work with folks like Lee, Eric Lofgren, Kieran Yanner, Chris Dien, Grey Thornberry, and a handful other great artists here and there. In turn, they clued me onto several other forums where you smokin' hot art guys and gals hang out. Now, I tend to visit these sites every few days lookin to see what is on the horizon.

So, in a way this thread was started by you. In between, I got the chance to stop by your booth at Gencon and Edsel has managed to commission you a few times for our tabletop Dark Champions game. :rockon:

I should add that I try to pass on Lee's advice to other small press guys.

Tell that to the guys who built Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater. Throw enough money at a problem' date=' and it ceases to be a problem. :D[/quote']

Falling Water is built over a waterfall, not in the middle of one. And not one so powerful either.

But yes, it is possible. Just not wise, easy or safe.

Keith "It'd be a pretty noisy place to live, too" Curtis

Falling Water is built over a waterfall, not in the middle of one. And not one so powerful either.

But yes, it is possible. Just not wise, easy or safe.

Keith "It'd be a pretty noisy place to live, too" Curtis

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you: Keith Curtis and the Unwelcome Reality!

:D

Silly man. Stay away from our fantasy waterfall houses!

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you: Keith Curtis and the Unwelcome Reality!

Silly man. Stay away from our fantasy waterfall houses!

I just made a phunny comment. I never intended it to go beyond one post.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Keith "build your stupid house wherever you stupid want. I'm gonna sulk." Curtis