InQuest Awards

Darren Watts

Hey all! We're happy to announce that Pulp Hero has been nominated for an InQuest Gamer Fan Award for best RPG Supplement of 2005! Here's the linky:

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazines/inquest.cfm#inside

Voting's open now, so show Pulp yer love! dw:celebrate

BTW, we won this very award in 2002 for Champions Universe, but haven't been back to the podium since...

Re: InQuest Awards

Cool.

But man are they sloppy - the text link doesn't work, and the page with the voting has the wrong text at the bottom (it references voting for products released in 2004, not 2005, which is what the top, I assume correctly, says).

I sent them a note to let them know already.

Couldn't it have been DC??
Well' date=' no. Not for the [b']2005[/b] InQuest Awards...

Afraid you probably wasted your vote there, Eosin. You wrote in a vote for a product that isn't eligible. :(

EDIT: Although given what Zornwil posted above while I was writing this, you might be able to get them to let you vote again if you want to, claiming you were confused by the wording on the page...

Okay, I just got back from voting. I voted for Pulp Hero, and I voted my conscience in doing so (I do believe it's the best RPG supplement of 2005).

But man, oh man... it's a damn shame that GURPS Infinite Worlds is up against it. That's a great book too, and more worthy than most other products (even other Hero products, in all honesty). Against most other competition I would happily have given Infinite Worlds my vote. Tough break...

Ah well... I'll console myself in the knowledge that a lot of the material in Infinite Worlds is recycled from older editions of GURPS Time Travel and GURPS Alternate Worlds (1 & 2). I'll just pretend it shouldn't "really" count as a 2005 book. ;)

Ok' date=' I voted, but only for about half of the categories (and a few of those I did write-ins). How should I know what CCGs are any good?[/quote']

Ditto. I felt like that guy from Silverado... "Mister, i don't know any of those names."

I'd just be worried that they'd check IPs or something at the end of the voting' date=' and throw out any and all duplicates.[/quote']

Well indeed, but I'd imagine if they were loggin IPs then they'd have caught it at the 'voting' stage, and, of course, more than one person could be legitimately voting from the same IP.

Of course the fact that you can get away with it scot free is not the point at all: it is the principle we should be concentrating on.

Remind me what that was again.....:sneaky:

Looking at the nominees made me realize how out of touch with gaming I am these days. Besides Pulp Hero the only thing I own (or have even seen with my own eyes) is Serenity.

Of course, I voted for the both of them...

There's a lot of CCGs.

OK, children, suggestions as to what CCG could stand for :)

Creepy Compulsives Generation?

Well indeed, but I'd imagine if they were loggin IPs then they'd have caught it at the 'voting' stage, and, of course, more than one person could be legitimately voting from the same IP.

Of course the fact that you can get away with it scot free is not the point at all: it is the principle we should be concentrating on.

Remind me what that was again.....:sneaky:

To win at all costs, stamping our adversaries' faces into the ground and laughing at them!

Dirty Hero...