A Thread for Random Videos

Super Squirrel

Re: A Thread for Random Videos

Thanks. It's from Evard Grieg's Peer Gynt. I saw this performance a few years ago, and it was the first time I actually heard the vocals. I only heard the instrumental version before, which is beautiful in itself. It has been a favorite of mine since I was 13.

Edit: Solveig's Song, lyrics in Norwegian and English.

This performance took place in Efteling, the Netherlands' answer to Disneyland.

As 'cool' as old English is, I think there is good reason we stopped speaking like that. :)

As a side note, my college actually has an introductory class in Old English where we learn Beowulf. I almost took it but managed to find a different class to replace it on the first day of classes. :)

La Rose.

I was puzzled at first. I couldn't figure out why they were going to the trouble of landing such a large force if they were just going to nuke Montevideo, something they could have done from orbit. Then I realized the obvious. They aren't the ones who nuked the city.

I was puzzled at first. I couldn't figure out why they were going to the trouble of landing such a large force if they were just going to nuke Montevideo, something they could have done from orbit. Then I realized the obvious. They aren't the ones who nuked the city.

I've seen the video before. I never thought of that interpretation, but it works fully with the information we see in the flick. Repped. Just now.

This won't embed, so I'm linking it: Tim Howard, an American goalkeeper who plays for Everton of the English Premier League, scored a goal himself in his last match against Bolton when a clearing ball went over the head of the opposing keeper and into the net.

Bolton would go on to win and Howard was apparently somewhat embarrassed by his accomplishment.

The cyclops shark is legit.

[extra]:

Here is the story about the guy that spent 40 minutes (in the air) emergency parachuting in a storm:

http://www.damninteresting.com/rider-on-the-storm/

"No human before or since Bill Rankin is known to have parachuted through a cumulonimbus tower and lived to tell about it. Lt Col William Henry Rankin passed away on 06 July 2009, almost exactly 50 years after his harrowing and history-making ride on the storm. Cue epic organ solo."