A Thread for Random Videos

Super Squirrel

If a man built like a brick s***house - who is also strapped with enough grenades to fight a humble war - walked into your neighborhood and sternly advised you to not speak with strangers, would you take his words to heart?

...how about a sailor-cum-pirate out in the woods warning you of the dangers of running from home?

Early in his film career, Brannagh was often credited with revitalizing the public's interest in Shakespeare as popular entertainment, through combining a deep understanding of the essence of his plays with the best techniques of cinematic storytelling.

Brannagh himself has said that the first Thor movie which he directed is very Shakespearean: intrigue and betrayal within a great dynastic house, rivalry between sons for their father's approval, a flawed hero's journey of self-discovery and redemption, revelation of a shameful secret, the redemptive power of love. Shakespeare's work has endured so long because he wrote so much that's timeless and universal. The best stories always are, including from comic books.

Edited by Lord Liaden

I've never enjoyed the sensation of being frightened, so I don't like scary stories, in any medium. TBH for many years, if I have to be exposed to one I don't suspend my awareness that it's only fiction, so it rarely affects me much.

Last fear flick I saw in a movie theater was the original Alien during its initial theatrical run, and that's only because my mother insisted I see it with her -- she loved that stuff. I think that was when I decided to maintain disbelief in the face of such "entertainments," because I never felt so abused and manipulated in my life. Last fifteen minutes of the film I was so emotionally drained, I wouldn't have cared if the damn monster stepped off the screen and sat beside me. I kept thinking to myself, "Just eat the b!tch already and let me go home." 😩