Pulparize It!

Blue

Re: Pulparize It!

Swiss Family Robinson on the Island of Dr. Moreau?

Or, Swiss Family Robinson on the Lost Planet - the science fiction version.

I would pay to see that movie.

As the latest SyFy Saturday Original! Can you imagine the horror? :idjit:

That was called Lost in Space, and they did it forty-five years ago.

The Dr. Moreau one would be interesting.

Meanwhile' date=' the monsters and minions of the Florsheim Empire have moved into a small house across town, with a sign out in the lawn declaring it their secret hideout. Officially, they're still working towards world domination, but at a much more relaxed pace. To be honest, Lord Vamp turns out to be a polite, considerate fellow who has a gift for cooking, and he and his lot are pretty much pillars of the community. They just launch attacks on Sunred so they can report back to the homeworld that progress is still being made.[/quote']

I have this vision: "You'll never defeat me, Sunred! By the way, are we still on for bridge on Friday?" :D

• 2 weeks later...

As mentioned in the Tremors IV: Thread, anything can be made pulp by simply changing the setting and making some tweaks!

So I invite... nay, I DARE you to do so here.

I'll start off...

Predator: A group of experienced adventurers are sent deep into the jungle to find the remains of a previous expodition, only to be stalked by a hideous beast that can blend in with the surroundings.

(Okay, that was an easy one, I'll try to think of something harder)

Its a gorilla. It wantw white women. End of story.

Mirai Nikki (Future Diary)

A young astronomy student and darts player with an obsessive habit of writing down what's going on around him in his diary discovers one day that his diary is suddenly writing itself. Each morning, his diary is filled with the coming day's events. At first this is kind of cool, if creepy.

But then our hero discovers that there are twelve other "Future Diaries" out there, each one slightly different. And the last diary holder alive gets to rewrite history to his or her desire. Which isn't so comforting, considering the political views of some of the diary owners. Oh, and you don't have to directly kill the person, destroying their diary will kill them too.

Good thing our hero discovers that one of the other diary holders is a female classmate who loves him. Loves him a whole lot. Loves him enough to bury an axe in the head of any other woman he seems to be attracted to. Umm, maybe not such a good thing after all....

I have absolutely no knowledge of the source, but the pulp rendition by itself is most rep-worthy. :)

Reminds me of a movie I watched many many moons ago (and therefore have no memory of its title) about a female psychiatrist trying to treat a man who's convinced he's Sherlock Holmes. The problem is that he is actually damn good at deducing things, even if his theories about the root causes are loony, and he has this uncanny ability to draw other people into his fantasy. By the end of the movie, he finally convinces the psychiatrist that his particular brand of madness is preferable to the insanity of real life, and she gladly joins him and his army of followers off into the night to fight the forces of evil, led by the mysterious Moriarty. :)

There was another movie (one of those made-for-TV jobs) some years ago that had

its own slant on the "modern-day Sherlock Holmes" theme, which had Larry Hagman

as a motorcycle cop who loved the Holmes stories, and who was lying on the ground

reading one when his motorcycle fell over and hit him on the head -- pretty much

erasing his memory of who he was and leaving him believing that he was Sherlock

Holmes.

Major Tom 2009 :cool:

as a motorcycle cop who loved the Holmes stories, and who was lying on the ground

reading one when his motorcycle fell over and hit him on the head -- pretty much

Holmes.

I think that's They Might Be Giants (1971) with George C Scott and Joanne Woodward.

Holmes.

I remember this movie. It was "The Return of the World's Greatest Detective". IIRC it seemed almost like a pilot for a series.

I do recall a pilot for a US series that I'm fairly sure never got made.

The basic idea was that Sherlock Holmes was poisoned by Moriarty. Unable to save him, Dr Watson put Holmes into cryogenic suspension until such time as he could be revived and saved. Fast forward about a century, and a descendant of Dr Watson (a female MD, in fact) is visiting her ancestor's mansion, when she accidentally finds and revives the Great Detective ....

The pilot was OK. However, perhaps it is just as well the series never got picked up by anyone.

I think I saw a commercial for that movie. years ago.

And how about a Pulparized version of Death Note? I'm thinking that just making it a story about a mysterious criminal who kills 'evildoers' after publically recording their names in a 'death note' sent to the newpapers would work... but it does lack the inspired lunatic zing that the best pulp stuff has.

Light is to my mind a very Hitlerian character. In the manga, very early on he states he wants to turn on society's "dead weight" after he was done exterminating the world's criminals (and the police people trying to track him down). He very rapidly became addicted to his power -- a power no morally sane person would even imagine himself wanting.

light's I am a god thing is exactly the motivation for a pulp villain. Well, the pulp villains who weren't in it for the money. he doesnt have to issue the death note itself. he can just leave pieces of black paper behind with the victim's name and method of death written on it

What make it over the threshold into pulpdom to match a Shadow/Doc Savage/Spider/Avenger villain is after the first few murders, he declares open season on anyone who doesn't live up to his ideas of justice and fair play with a pirate radio announcement.

CES

I do recall a pilot for a US series that I'm fairly sure never got made.

The basic idea was that Sherlock Holmes was poisoned by Moriarty. Unable to save him, Dr Watson put Holmes into cryogenic suspension until such time as he could be revived and saved. Fast forward about a century, and a descendant of Dr Watson (a female MD, in fact) is visiting her ancestor's mansion, when she accidentally finds and revives the Great Detective ....

The pilot was OK. However, perhaps it is just as well the series never got picked up by anyone.

I saw that movie when it was first on. The idea of Holmes being put on ice because

Moriarty had infected him with bubonic plague (for which, apparently, there was no

cure for back in the 19th Century), to be eventually revived and treated by Watson's

descendant was an interesting one, to say the least. IIRC, Holmes wasn't found by

accident; the 19th Century Dr. Watson had, after putting Holmes in cold sleep, left

a letter with a law firm, with instructions that it was to be delivered after 100 years

had passed, and that it be delivered to any surviving member of his family. The letter

not only told of what had happened to Holmes and why he was in cold sleep, but

also gave instructions as to how to reverse the process and revive Holmes.

I saw that movie when it was first on. The idea of Holmes being put on ice because

Moriarty had infected him with bubonic plague (for which, apparently, there was no

cure for back in the 19th Century), to be eventually revived and treated by Watson's

descendant was an interesting one, to say the least. IIRC, Holmes wasn't found by

accident; the 19th Century Dr. Watson had, after putting Holmes in cold sleep, left

a letter with a law firm, with instructions that it was to be delivered after 100 years

had passed, and that it be delivered to any surviving member of his family. The letter

not only told of what had happened to Holmes and why he was in cold sleep, but

also gave instructions as to how to reverse the process and revive Holmes.

I stand corrected. Excuse: Maybe thirty years since I saw it. Once.

The movie was likable enough. Holmes coming to grips with the late 20th century was an entertaining idea.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, for another Death Note pulp idea, we might want to work with the "third Kira" scenario.

Eight prominent businessmen receive communications from the Death Note Killer that show an uncomfortable level of knowledge of their personal habits. Each is invited to a special meeting. At this meeting, a recording informs them that the are now the Death Note board of directors. They will pick, as a committee, the criminals who will be killed by the Death Note. In addition, at each meeting, they may pick one other victim that stands in the way of their economic prosperity and that person will be eliminated too.

Naturally, betraying the group or revealing its existence to the outside will result in the traitor's death. It's fairly obvious from the beginning that the Death Note Killer is actually one of these eight men, but our heroes must first learn of the Eight's existence, then investigate. And at this point, the members of the board will start being eliminated from the suspect list one by one...permanently.

I did not go through all 44 pages on this thread so if i step on someones idea, i apologize. Stargate SG-1 ;)

Col. Jack O'Neil retires from the Army-Air Corps not long after an arduous mission in the Sahara Desert. His mission was to take a team, authorized by the OSS, to destroy a long lost temple that contained obscure lore that the Nazies could use to their advantage. An expert on various African cultures, Archeologist and annoyance to Col. O'Neil, Doctor Daniel Jackson finds out that deep underground beneath the temple lies a long forgotten Bedouin tribe that still practice the old ways. Since this discovery, Col. O'Neil's actions may or may not change accordingly. As time goes on, they discover that the Nazies are on the verge of discovering the temple and puts the lives of the Bedouins and themselves at great risk. O'Neil's orders are to destroy the temple, Jackson wants to study the ancient lore the Nazies want so bad and time is running out!!! FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS NEXT WEEK....< insert dramatic music for a closer > hope you all found this somewhat amusing

Col. O'Neil dashes off to find Daniel to see what kind of trouble he has gotten himself into again. " Jackson's curiosity may do more than kill a cat", O'Neil mumbles to himself as he races down a corridor. Not too far away, Doctor Jackson starts to work on his translations for the ancient writings he discovered in an old cache he found in an antechamber. No sooner than he starts to get to work, he hears quickened footsteps followed by " Ohh DANIEL" from Col. O'Neil. He adjusts his glasses and looking somewhat dismayed and annoyed at the interruption he responds with " Umm...what?" O'Neil gives Daniel "that" look, then politely (rudely) tells Daniel, " The Krauts are going to be here any minute. What are you doing?" STAY TUNED TO FIND OUT WHAT WITTY, SMART*** RESPONSE DANIEL GIVES TO O'NEIL!!! This short continuation is sponsored by Hanger 18, hosting the Asgardian Summer Olympics, and this continuation is also being brought to you by the letter S.

Meanwhile, a Nazi convoy 15 km away steadily approaches the supposed location of the temple.......

The lead vehicle is carrying Col. Klink of the SS, Sgt. Shultz ( Klinks Aid who knows nothing.....ever ), Driver with no name plate ( He dies first ), and a native to the area who is reluctantly acting as guide...T'ealc ( hope i spelled his name right ). T'ealc lives in the village of Chu'lak and spends his days hunting so he can provide for his wife Dray'ak and son Ry'ak. As a religious man, the dark skinned hunter/warrior displays his piety openly in the form of a gold pyramid emblazoned on his forehead. His long time friend and mentor, Bray'tak, helps T'ealc whenever he can and even taught him the ways of the hunter/warrior. Bray'Tak has seen how the Nazies honor agreements and witnessed their " persuasive" qualities as well. Warned by his long time friend, T'ealc cautiously agreed to help them find the temple to make sure that his refusal didn't cost him his family. Little do the Nazies know that Master Hunter/Warrior Bray'tak is tracking them from a distance on his trusty horse Jaffa < enter dramatic slow motion rider with close-up on face that shows determination to reach his friend and help where he can >. MORE TO FOLLOW ON THIS EPIC STORY DEVELOPING ARC AS SOON AS I CAN THINK OF ANYTHING.......... I suck at writing but this is theraputic :)