Golden Age speedster advice needed

hooligan x

My campaign (Team F-Up) is getting an infusion of new blood. We were down to two regular players and we are adding three new players. To intro one newbie's legacy character, I am running a WWII flashback story for a month or so. I want to establish a history for the original character before his clone is introduced in our current time (2057). I also want to get the new players familiar with the system before their actions "count".

I will be giving the players pre-made characters except for Capt Mysterion who is a golden age leftover. I am planning on 200-250 pt characters who all have legacy NPCs in current F-Upverse continuity. So far I have:

1. American Ace- Hot shot pilot and marksman. The current Ace is the leader of the US government's meta team.

2. The Gauntlet- US Army sargent in possesion of a magical gauntlet which grants him great strength and invunerability. The current Gauntlet is leader of a teen vigilante group.

3. Bombshell- Flying brick pin-up model. The current Bombshell is in the same group and is dating Gauntlet. She was just turned into a vampire last game.

4. Capt Mysterion- Billy Baston-type teen Uber-mensch. An older and wiser Mysterion is our only original PC.

I'd like the fifth to be a British female speedster. I have come up empty on ideas here. i need a name and golden-age speed power tricks. I will make a 2057 legacy for her after the mini-campaign is done.

Help a brother out?

Re: Golden Age speedster advice needed

Mongoose, Spitfire and the Blitz (in reference to the German's battle tactic of the same name) are obvious choices here. Something like Captain America's origin, or being the unwilling subject of German scientists' testing makes sense as an origin since you already have the mystical angle covered.

As far as GA speedster tricks go, I can't think of any right now. Certainly taking away guns, wrapping up soldiers with handy bits of rope and extra HA from super-speedy fists would apply. Honestly though, if it's a female in the GA, she probably shouldn't be a combat monster.

By the way, I love the magical gauntlet idea. Very genre.

How about the Corsair or the Hurricane? If she flies, Dive Bomber or even the Mosquito? Or maybe the Jaguar?

Tricks: The original Flash would run so fast that no one could see him, just feel a rush of wind. I've always wanted to see a speedster who could use an autofire gun but aim each shot separately. Or overtake a speeding car and let the air out of the tires. Crack a safe by trying a hundred combinations a second. Weaken metal by vibrating it. Pull men with the force of her wake.

Mongoose, Spitfire and the Blitz (in reference to the German's battle tactic of the same name) are obvious choices here. Something like Captain America's origin, or being the unwilling subject of German scientists' testing makes sense as an origin since you already have the mystical angle covered.

As far as GA speedster tricks go, I can't think of any right now. Certainly taking away guns, wrapping up soldiers with handy bits of rope and extra HA from super-speedy fists would apply. Honestly though, if it's a female in the GA, she probably shouldn't be a combat monster.

By the way, I love the magical gauntlet idea. Very genre.

Also consider naming the speedster after urine or some other bodily function.

If it worked for the whizzer....

Damn. I was leaning towards Spitfire.

The origin I have is the "chemical accident" speedster standby. It occured in her father's lab when a Nazi Trade Mark, TSR agent attempted to steal Professor Avery's super soldier research. The professor was shot dead and Miss Avery was thrown into a rack of chemicals. There may have been lightning. I don't know, I wasn't there. Hearing the scuffle, Mickey Davis, Miss Avery's boy friend (who, to be honest, was thought of by the professor as being "too common" for his daughter) burst in and attempted to disarm the Nazi rat. Mickey slipped and was staring efficient German death down (or, to be more accurate, UP) the barrel when Miss Avory sped by at impossible speed and took the gun. After Mick had knocked out the Nazi, he turned to the astonished Miss Avery and exclaimed: "Cor, sweetheart! You're ....." Something. I got nothing.

Where is that cool ryming slang when I need it?

After Mick had knocked out the Nazi' date=' he turned to the astonished Miss Avery and exclaimed: "Cor, sweetheart! You're ....." [/quote']

I'd go with Swift, the bird motif is more feminine, the word fits your sentence and swift somehow feels a bit WWII English...

Doc sez...

How about Victory? Actually the name should be Winged Victory, but that's an Astro City heroine I think.

Victory an embodiment of the courage and determination of the British people and there efforts to having to stand nearly alone against the Nazis until the arrival of the Yanks into the War. She could be a ground-pounder or even a winged woman. Speed tricks could include high speed disarming of the Nazis, running across all terrains and water without difficulties. I'm also hedging about giving her TK...hmmm, perhaps a should save this characters for my own campaign;) .

Doc Tough

At the very least' date=' I can improve on the costume. Bleah![/quote']

Blame Frank Robbins. Personally I prefer it to what she's wearing now.

Althought for a guilty pleasure here's one of her that Liefield (shudder) was going to do for Heroe's Reborn. I personally don't think it's too bad as a sketch/start.

Here's a kinda silly name: Vicky Quick.

It could go something:

"Cor Blimey, you're swift!"

*wink* "First name is Victoria."

"You don't say Vicky! Thanks for the save!"

"No problem sir, well gotta go get those Ratzis!"

*she speeds away*

"Wow, Vicky Quick! I gotta tell the rest of the fellas in the pub about that delicious bird!"

Anyway, kinda like Jesse Quick (descendent of golden agers Johnny Quick).

Damn. I was leaning towards Spitfire.

The origin I have is the "chemical accident" speedster standby. It occured in her father's lab when a Nazi Trade Mark, TSR agent attempted to steal Professor Avery's super soldier research. The professor was shot dead and Miss Avery was thrown into a rack of chemicals. There may have been lightning. I don't know, I wasn't there. Hearing the scuffle, Mickey Davis, Miss Avery's boy friend (who, to be honest, was thought of by the professor as being "too common" for his daughter) burst in and attempted to disarm the Nazi rat. Mickey slipped and was staring efficient German death down (or, to be more accurate, UP) the barrel when Miss Avory sped by at impossible speed and took the gun. After Mick had knocked out the Nazi, he turned to the astonished Miss Avery and exclaimed: "Cor, sweetheart! You're ....." Something. I got nothing.

Where is that cool ryming slang when I need it?

i love how TSR trade marked nazi.

Probably far too late now Hooligan X but I did have a thought of a name:

Hotspur

It is probably most famously used now (outside of historical circles) as the name of a football team (Tottenham Hotspur, aka Spurs) but the word actually means:

[n] a rash or impetuous person

[n] English soldier killed in a rebellion against Henry IV (1364-1403)

Cool name for a British speedster.

Spurs have a long standing connection with jewishness - I believe as their support was drawn from a part of London where a lot of Jews lived - which might also be another interesting aspect to a character in a WWII situation...

Doc