The things I learned playing a gunbunny

Adventus

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The things I learned playing a gunbunny

Sometimes I think you should pay for a Gun Caddy follower.

"Difficult lie, sir. I would recommend the AK-47."

Or, "Sir/Madam, you might need the AP rounds?"

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Korvar again.

If the alien invaders are humanoid, you can probably use their weapons.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary suggests testing them when you're NOT actually in combat, however....

19. Machine gun + shotgun is even cooler than just shotgun

60. Whenever you have a problem, the best solution is to nuke it from orbit.

74. Guns are cooler in the future. Especially when Hicks is using them.

75. The coolest guys always carry shotguns.

76. Keep a shotgun handy for close encounters

77. Always keep extra ammo handy in case your CO is a wuss

86. Pulse rifles are like the shotguns of the future. Hicks has a shotgun and a pulse rifle, because he's extra cool.

109. Duct tape makes a shotgun really cool.

113. If you use two pistols, you hit more with each of them.

114. Ammo is expendable. Bad guys, doubly so.

115. If the bad guy has a pez dispenser of henchmen all in white, you need a shotgun.

116. Of course, shotguns are useful at any time

120. In China, plants have guns for fruit

121. Potted plants are cool to smack people with, and cooler when they contain pistols.

124. One gun = Superman, Two guns = God

125. When the music stops, reach for a shotgun

126. Never stop firing - only wusses worry about maintaining balance

138. Never take off the bullet proof vest unless you're the star of the movie

139. If you can smoke a cigarette and chew on a toothpick or matchstick, you can also probably shoot with an automatic pistol in each hand.

143. If a guy's in your way, shoot him

144. Don't eat at the same restaurant as Chow-Yun Fat

145. Use an entire clip for each person, just to make sure

146. We really gotta try that slide-down-a-railing-and-shoot-bad-guys thing

147. If there's a guy with a submachine gun in a room, don't go in

148. It takes real skill to chew a toothpick during a gun fight

186. Shotguns rule. Utterly and completely. They are inanimate gods of destruction.

194. Shotguns also have one of the coolest gun sounds known to man

413. if you're gonna kill someone, have them stand on some plastic.

633. A shotgun alone doesn't make you totally cool. For total coolness, you need a shotgun, a pistol, a crossbow, another poistol, some knives, another pistol, a grenade or two, another shotgun, and some extra shells, and a spatula.

220. A guitar case is the ideal place to store buttloads of guns.

243. With a dog and some weapons, you're prepared for the future.

262. Money is no object to a guy with a lot of guns

263. Explosive-head bullets are a man's favorite

271. Explosive-head bullets like really rule around gas stations.

301. Never ever ever ever ever ever stop shooting

302. Shotgun shells don't even have to be fired from a shotgun to blow lots of stuff up

303. Friends don't let friends run out of ammo

461. If there's a Guns n' Roses song in the movie, and you're walking through mall with a box of roses, there damn well better be a shotgun in there.

545. "Antonia Banderas" is Spanish for "Chow-Yun Fat".

546. It's easier to pull a trigger than play a guitar.

553. Guitar cases hold guns. Guitars hold cocaine.

if there is a guy in a room with a sub machine gun shoot through the wall or door with your shot gun if you miss the first time you can use the handy hole to get him with the next shot ( thouigh porbably while hes realoding after spray firing the wall).

Make sure your shotgun feeds from detachable clips, because reloading a pump takes too freaking long.

Also, single- and double-barrels are for fools. Or wierd-butt specialty ammo (but even that can be fed through a (semi-)auto shotgun, if it's got a pump backup).

Hmmm... things I learned as a gunbunny....

Handguns are only useful because they're easy to carry, easy to conceal, and fun to play with. Lasers on said pistols are mostly a communications device... communicating the likely demise or any specific body part to your current acquaintance.

Shotguns that are cut-down enough become handguns. These are usually over/under or side-by-side. Low on repetition, but its hard to miss at point blank with an area effect.

Otherwise, shotguns are both intimidating and loud. Real shotguns have a pump action, automatics are for gunbunnies with soft shoulders and high-volume tear ducts. There is no ammunition besides buckshot and slugs. Everything else classifies as firecrackers, pyrotechnics, and "not readily available" which might bring one to "conserve ammunition" - a sacriligious phrase if I ever heard one.

Rifles are for more professional work. We use rifles when things get serious. Up until now, we've just been playing around. High caliber and high volume in precisely placed amounts. Think Heat, not Rambo, and make the enemy clutch their teddy bears and cry for their mommas. :idjit:

Snipers are boring and are not true gunbunnies. See first part of rifles, negate high volume displacements. True professionals are boring because they are far too efficient. Efficiency is anti-thesis to the gun-bunny who must always take the hardest way... its in the rulebook.

Gunbunnies should not use swords. Using a sword means you put down a gun, which is bad. If you must use a sword, let it be something besides a katana... katanas are done, katanas are way overdone. However, it must be acknowledged that katanas (and most asian swords) are very cool. If you must use a blade, try something different, like a roman cestus, or a swiss army knife. Think how mean you have to be to kill people with a corkscrew and then a mini-scissor! :hail:

Gun-bunny movie references: Equilibrium, Army of Darkness, Heat, Hard Boiled, The Killer, Mission: Impossible 2. Should get you started anyway!

Always remember to pull the pin

And pull it with your hand. I get sick and tired of seeing these jerks pulling hand grenade pins with their teeth. You try that, you lose teeth!

(Unless youve pre-pulled the pin and slipped it back in, to make the pin easier to pull when you want to. But thats NOT a smart thing to do. Especially if youre going to dangle the grenades off your vest by the pins all macho-style)