Super Team Names

Siberian Tiger

Since we've had fun and games compiling a list of super names, I thought it might be useful if we began constructing a list of super team names.

So to start with, these are from my campaigns:

Hero Groups

The Unknown

Street Justice

Stormfront (loose federation of vigilantes led by the character Storm)

EuroGuard

Team UK

The Paladins (WW2 international super alliance)

The New Paladins (1950s superteam)

Project Tricolour - French superteam

League of Patriots

Villain Groups

SHOCK - Super Humans Opposing Christ's Kingdom (Satanic villain group

Dragon Circle, the

Armada - Spanish criminal alliance

HeadHunters

.. there have been others but my memory fails at the moment (rolled an 18)

What teams have you used ?

Our group was the Knights of the Dark Watch. Our comedy characters were Do'z Guys from Miami (who live on the beach). The sand volleyball court was their Danger Room. Each of us had 3 characters in the Knights and one guy made all of his mutated animals, so we labeled them the Mary Kay Commandoes (for those of you who remember Bloom County). God we were/are wierd.

Only villians I remember were F.E.A.R. and F.O.E. but I'm not sure what the letters were suppose to stand for.

The major two oheroic ones in my world are:

Centurians (A team similiar to the JLI, with a total of 10 smaller sub teams located around the world, plus an aditional one on the moon, total membership: 100)

STAR KNIGHTS: My Version of LEGION/GLC/DARKSTARS

Back in the day it seems like all the names my group chose could have been use by fascist groups, The Enforcers, The Nightwatch (this seemed better in the 80s than it does post B5), Watchguard etc.

Now a days it seem passe to have a team name. My current group has been playing since March and we still don't have any of the team trimmings; name, base, etc.

Originally posted by Bartman

Now a days it seem passe to have a team name. My current group has been playing since March and we still don't have any of the team trimmings; name, base, etc. [/b]

When my players took so long to think up a team name for themselves, I had the media christen them The Unknown.

I mentioned previously our comedy group Do'z Guys From Miami. Well, I was in one of those $1 stores one day and there in the toy section was a whole set of action figures called "Those Guys From Another Galaxy". I should have droped a buck and picked up a couple just for the shear comedy value of it. We figured that they were probably our Away Team but we never sat down and actually wrote up the character.

Well: My main NPC Hero Team is Justice Inc., was the Protectors then they came out in a book.

The Most high profile villain group are The Knights Of Genetic Purity and The MLA, Mutant Liberation Army.

The Knights make IAH look kind. They are much more aggressive and have no regards for mutants or anyone who allies with them.

The MLA is lead by a "Villain" I created called Avatar. He has formed a army to fight a war, mostly in their minds, between humans and mutants.

I also have a group called The Associates. Originally created for my Supervillain campaign, they help villains find things. From jobs to agents to gadgets to fences they can do it all.

Other than that I use the Hero Games groups of villains and agencies with a few different villains of my own thrown in.

My favorite team name (and there have been many since I started playing in 1981) was Counter Force Prime .

CFP was the United Nations' super-powered response team. Each member was from a different country. And yes, there was a Counter Force Second...it was an NPC group in the mold of the Legion of Substitute Heroes.

BTW...first post so...hey, all!

Chris

I named (without fleshing out) teams for some of the EU nations in times past: for France - Oriflamme (from an ancient French flag); for Denmark - Dannebrog (the Danish flag); for Germany - the Bundesüberdienst; for Spain - Nueva Libertad (the 'old' Libertad were a Franco-era team); and for Italy - III Legio. Some of these EU heroes worked (very occasionally) with my British team, the Crown Agents

Originally posted by Kid Chaos

So does L.A.U.G.H. have a lot of run-ins with Clown?

It had a few... some serious encounters as well... the unfortunate nome de team was granted when the group kept showing up and the wise cracker spoke to the Press :)

The others wanted to hurt him, but it was too late... L.A.U.G.H. had stuck!

Hero Teams

The Gladiators

The D.C. 10

Center City Centurians

Center City Champions

The Danger Squad

L.A. Justice

Pit Bulls

Villain Teams

The Horde

Demon Princes

EVIL, Inc.

Steet Legal (vigilante)

The Vandals

The Candy Gang

The Alliance

HiTek

Creatues of the Night

Legion of the Damned

Lunatic Fringe

The Sons of Darkness

The Carlotti Family

Violence Unlimited

Supergang

Aztech, Inc.

Cereal Killers

Kinfolk O' Doom (County, Arkansas)

The Fourth Reich

Teams I have belonged to...

80's Heroes: Good Guys, Incorporated

50's teen heroes: Junior Achievers

40's Pulp Heroes: The Midnight Syndicate

NPC Groups I have used or imagined.

1890's Circus Heroes: The Wonders(short for the 7 Wonders of the Modern World, managed by PT Barnum)

Modern Secret Agent Group: S.P.A.R.T.A.C.U.S. (Special Prosecutor's Agency to Remove Terrorism And Crime in the United States)

Sadly, it appears all my cool ideas were swiped....I hate it when I do that. Using the Random Hero Team Name generator from Hero Almanac I got

The New Peace Armada - A group of Politically Correct heroes; the original was a bizzare left wing monstrosity that never stopped crime or really helped anyone, but they spoke at all kinds of rallies and generated a lot of press. the PC's hated them.

I remade them to be similar but more serious minded and not comic relief.

VIllains:

Divine Right - My organization of individual agent backed supervillains who started in WW2 and are convinced that Democracy has proven itself weak. They seek to establish a coalition of monarchies to "give the world strong leadership". Theirs.

Hero Teams:

Challengers

Liberty One (New York based)

Mystic Hand, The (New Orleans based magicians)

Villain Teams:

Avatars From Beyond (powerful elemental beings)

Death Dealers, The

Intercrime (I might have swiped this one, I no longer remember -- they've been around for years).

League of Blackhearted Men (evil and proud of it)

Legion of Brass (led by a Djinn -- a real one)

Manhunters, The

Quadrature

Secret Society Of Supermen, The (all the result of eugenics)

Sportsmen, The (ex-sports stars turned criminals)

Threat, The (a four man team that was actually ... but that would be telling)

Trigon (I used this name for a group, then abandoned it when DC created the demon)

Xodiac

World Terror Alliance (terror and villainy for sale)

Originally posted by JmOz

The major two oheroic ones in my world are:

Centurians (A team similiar to the JLI, with a total of 10 smaller sub teams located around the world, plus an aditional one on the moon, total membership: 100)

STAR KNIGHTS: My Version of LEGION/GLC/DARKSTARS

I also have a PC group called the Centurians (who are also referred to as The City Knights).

The Galacticorp is my version of the Green Lanter Corps who employ the Star Knights. (seems JmOz and I think alike :) ) My campaign is pretty new so the only vilain group I have is The Technauts.....