Whould you buy...CHAMPIONS SOUTH OF THE BORDER and CHAMPIONS OF THE RISING SUN.

steriaca

Re: Whould you buy...CHAMPIONS SOUTH OF THE BORDER and CHAMPIONS OF THE RISING SUN.

If Steve or Darren were interested, I would write Champions of the Rising Sun, though I might not call it that.

For my take on Japanese Super-villains, and a sample of my writing style, I offer the Defilers thread. :)

I'd support this. It would be cool to have a few fan-authored books in the HERO line-up.

Australia doesn't get any love?

Actually, I personally think Champions World Wide II would be good enough to start covering other areas. Make it a series.

Seconded the Australia thing. I'd also like to see the fourth edition Australian heroes and villains brought back, including Captain Australia (the female one) and Entropi.

Part of me would like to see a Japan sourcebook too, but I do agree it's been covered a lot. I would certainly go for a Mexico/South & Central America sourcebook though.

And there's stuff in Australia. They're just being awfully quiet about it, I'm sure :eg:

Hmm, you know, it's been a long time since I've bought any Japan gaming books. I think there may be a market for people who are new, or just don't have full colletions yet. Doesn't hurt to put out a new product for new commers to the hobby. Just my 2 cents...

Re: Whould you buy...CHAMPIONS SOUTH OF THE BORDER and CHAMPIONS OF THE RISING SUN.

I'd go for both Champions of the Rising Sun and Champions of Latin America. Even if they didn't turn out to be the most useful books I own, they'd still be useful for ideas and concepts.

But I'd really love a Champions: Great Southern Land sourcebook. Needn't be just Australia, of course - New Guinea, New Zealand and the rest of Oceania need coverage too.

Being Australian I started my ongoing "All The World's Heros" project in Australia. I gave us 8 heros , which might seem like a lot for a nation with a population of 20 Million but the nature of settlement in Australia is that a large proportion of the population (roughly 50 %) is in a series of cities scattered around the coastline of an island about the size of the U S A. Similarly I positioned my heros in various cities around the country. In U S terms it is like having two heros in New York,one in Washington,one in about Rhode Island two in Baton Rouge, or mabe Mobile Alabama, one in South Texas and one in Los Angeles ! I have two heros in New Zealand, one in Papua- New Guinea and one in Fiji. To keep them busy I have 16 supervillains, varying from Anathema and Taipan (detailed in" Champions Worldwide"), through a wind manipulator fron New Zealand ("Beaufort"), an Aussie plant manipulator named "Lantana" (a noxious, prickly weed that invades Aussie gardens) to a brilliant (but crazed, of course !) geneticist named "Dr Cross" who will make "monsters to order" and give people super powers , for a (very large) fee !

I'd rather see a Champions Worldwide type of approach. While I might set an occasional adventure in England or Mexico or such, I can't see myself setting an entire campaign there - so an entire book dedicated to England or Canada or Mexico or any one country is a bit much for what I really need. But one that lets me set an adventure or two in several different locations would be much more useful.

I'd like to see either ... though I think it'd find an Oriental book a bit more useful in my games. Personally, I'd also like to see an Australia/NZ book, as well as an India book ;)

Including a certain Archlich starting to notice your part of the world. :fear:

Yes. I must admit I didn't really think through the scary implications. :eek:

On the other hand, I've just spent my lunch break looking at what my idea entailed in terms of work. Designing a whole town for the sake of an article is a bit much... Even sticking together enough setting material for people to feel that they aren't in Kansas would tend to suck up a lot of words.

Still, an incremental approach might be feasible. I can always save the Radioactive Wombats for later. (Actually I'm not sure if there are Real World wombats in the area I would be using, but that would fall under Artistic Licence.)

But then, it wouldn't be Australia without an encounter in a pub, would it? That would require a rough sketch map of the town, but nothing more to begin with. Hmm...

I trust that you are planning GIANT (Diprotodon size !) radioactive wombats "Assault" !:eg:

They're too small to destroy Tokyo at that size, and they don't need to be that big to turn somebody into the Amazing Wombat-Man. So I'm not sure.

The other options include Drop Bears, and those nasty kangaroos with the Surface to Air missiles.

Not to mention mutant feral pigs, rabbits and cats. The latter two, presumably, would immediately declare war on each other, as the Mutant Bunnies strive to drive the Evil Pussy Cats from their warrens. I'm not sure exactly what mutant pigs would be like, apart from a nasty fear that they might resemble this.

Sadly though, I kind of feel obliged to keep the silliness level down to a dull roar. (Speaking of silliness, Seeker just popped up on the left side of my screen. How appropriate.)

So mutant marsupials are out, and

the Crowns of Krim

are in... Provisionally, at least.

Personally I would prefer a Japan or Asia sourcebook to one for Mexico or South America, although if the latter is comprehensive enough I would probably pick it up.

BTW steriaca, Kingdom Of Champions being in editing is news to me. Last I heard it wasn't even on the publishing schedule, or had a writer assigned to it. :confused:

Yum! Yum! I'm just enjoying the flavor of my foot. You just can't beat the flavor of raw foot.

(In other words, I assumed that there was a new version of KOC, and that it was almost ready, seeing that the first edition came out before CotN. And yes, that DOES make me an ass.)

I'd pick up CHAMPIONS: SOUTH OF THE BORDER in an instant, but I'm egotistical enough to hope that they'd use my Tezcatlipoca/Black Jaguar Cartel versus El Aguila as a plot or even campaign idea in it.

The Japanese Champions book, unsure, unless it had at least one superheroic/villainous kitsune character in it.l Then I'd definitely get it. :D

Oooh... Turakian ruins! Lightning Man from Champions Worldwide found Turakian Age artifacts on New Guinea' date=' so it's certainly possible. That opens up a realm of potential for plots and character origins. Including a certain Archlich starting to notice your part of the world. :fear:[/quote']

Hmm, don't forget the cyclopean ruins on Ponape. Those might well be of Elder Worm descent.

But yes, considering just how old (geologically speaking) Australia is, locating some Turakian Age ruins there would be great. Just about the only other place that would work would be Greenland, I think.

I'm all for seeing an Australian sourcebook too, so go and start writing the article, Assault!

:thumbup:

What's the process for writing articles for Digital Hero anyway? Do articles need to adhere to the official Champions universe? Are maps, images and other design features encouraged along with the written part?

Both, please. I've already said I would pay money for Oddhat material, so put him to work. I still mine Kingdom of Champions and Champions of the North for material, and have always felt I got good value for them. Feel free to do world books focusing on any nation/region that strikes your fancy and I will buy them.

What's the process for writing articles for Digital Hero anyway? Do articles need to adhere to the official Champions universe? Are maps' date=' images and other design features encouraged along with the written part?[/quote']

You can download the necessary info from this webpage.

*scritch* Thanks for that, LL. Really, I should throw something together for Mattingly. I'm just being an excuse spitting slacker, otherwise. Problem is, of course, coming up with something a) in genre B) worth sharing that isn't c) horribly overdone. Glah.

Oh, right. Whilst on topic.

Japan: Eh. I have Asian Bestiaries and a map. What do I need a source book for? Heaven help me if someone puts in "Captain Rising Sun." Sounds cool, but I think I'd twitch. Besides, we have UMA & NH. And I have three b3wkz all signed by Michael Surbrook. Hoo-rah.

Australia: My sci-fi/future setting is in Australia. It includes a revamped IGPX, an Orbital Elevator, and T-Gates which occassionally rip open and spill monsters out. No pressure.

the Crowns of Krim

are in... Provisionally' date=' at least.[/quote']

In my Champions of Vancouver Campaign the superhero Archangel Gabriel ascended to heaven with the Crowns of Krimm, an ancient artifact, and turned them over to the Celestial Host.

No more Crowns

QM

If Steve or Darren were interested' date=' I would write Champions of the Rising Sun, though I might not call it that.[/quote']

Can I help with the sample characters? :thumbup: