WWYD - Marvel's Civil War

Stone

Re: WWYD - Marvel's Civil War

With the exception of Captain Incredible, all my characters would sue the government to overturn the law on constitutional grounds.

The Captain would be very conflicted; I would probably end up rolling his reaction.

When I wrote this I wasn't aware of the extent of the act (I don't read Marvel anymore); after reading the other posts I will revise my answers.

None of my character will comply with the act.

I would have to roll for Professora No Va as to whether she joins the resistance or just leaves the country.

Mr. Blue would sue the government. He would also make citizen's arrests of prominent politicians who had voted for the act, charging them with criminal conspiracy to violate citizens' constitutional rights. If that didn't work, he would start a revolution; he would "terminate with extreme predjudice" the president (unless he vetoed the bill and it was passed over his veto) and every senator and congressman who voted for it. He would take the attitude, if America has so lost its way that it no longer comes even close to following the constitution, it needs "regime change" at the very least.

Captain Incredible (super patriot with muliple great military contacts) would overthrow the government by leading a military coup; in the real world the only question is would he be fast enough, or did the military do it before he got involved?

Frankly, I've always considered Marvel's depiction of the public and the government to be idiotic.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who wants to bet than 12-18 months from now, Marvel Civil War will be completely forgotten by the casual fans and most of the Marvel characters themselves, and probably never mentioned agan? "Hey, Cap, why are you and Tony getting along so well? Didn't he use Clor to kill Goliath?" "Well now son, you just can't live in the past."

After all, who remembers Atlantis Attacks or Tony's 'Armor Wars' or the time when Cap was replaced by John Walker/Super-Patriot/USAgent?

I do!

AA blew

AW was kinda cool

and the Superpatriot/Captain America face off had me at hello.THought I didn't like what they did with John.

When I wrote this I wasn't aware of the extent of the act (I don't read Marvel anymore); after reading the other posts I will revise my answers.

None of my character will comply with the act.

I would have to roll for Professora No Va as to whether she joins the resistance or just leaves the country.

Mr. Blue would sue the government. He would also make citizen's arrests of prominent politicians who had voted for the act, charging them with criminal conspiracy to violate citizens' constitutional rights.

The act doesn't violate citizen's constitutional rights. Constitutional rights have been violated in the course of the enforcement of the act on a couple of occasions, but the act itself doesn't do it, unless the Supreme Court chooses to rule that the interpolated "right to privacy" covers the right to conceal your superpowers, something which would be impossible to know in advance of the ruling. And I don't believe a court similar to the current one would in fact make such a ruling.

Um, even granting the right to privacy argument not floating, there's a couple other problems with it:

1. It amounts to mandatory conscription of *everyone* of a single group. Legally, it would need to pass a 'necessity' muster equivalent to a *universal* draft, or else it violates nondiscrimination clauses and the various ones a draft would, absent necessity

2. Bills of attainder and ex post facto laws. The act manages to be both.

3. Due process. Nobody violating the law is getting it.

4. Cruel and unusual punishment. Everyone violating the law whose caught *is* getting this

That breaks down though' date=' when you look at the makeup of the New Warriors, though. They'd been heroes for a long time, and most of the team had worked with the Avengers or Fantastic Four effectively in the past, and at least some of them had been trained.[/quote']

The New Warriors at the time didn't include most of the experienced ones. Speedball and Namorita were the biggest names, an they're not exactly well known and respected. IIRC, the rest, or most of them, were very much new characters. Nova's off in the Annihilation storyline and Justice and Firestar aren't involved with the latest NW incarnation at all.

They didn't even handle the situation badly or unprofessionally -- ok' date=' they had cameramen with them, but otherwise they responded to a situation-in-progress, so they weren't in a position to pick the location, and [i']nobody[/i] could have predicted Nitro's power malfunction.

There was no situation in progress. They found Nitro and a few more villains in hiding from the authorities, and went in after them in a residential neighbourhood, believing this would look good on their TV show. There was no immediate threat to anyone.

First of all, CW really sucks since it's so incoherent, inconsistent, one-sided, and heavy-handed.

That out of the way, how my characters would act:

Lady Silver: would be truly torn. On the one hand, she thinks that training all supers would be a great idea and indeed, the situation that triggered the legislation would be great evidence of that. Also, Lady Silver is a strong believer of people helping others to the full extent of their ability and a mainstreaming of all supers into a coherent force could accomplish a great deal of good.

That said, the ramifications of such an invasive and possibly draconian law (depending on which comic you read since in one a foaming at the mouth Stark says you've in the negative Zone forever while in another, I think Reed called it a temporary measure). People should not be forced to act in a certain way but rather be guided and inspired down the right path.

Most likely, Lady Silver would seek a middle ground and be a peacemaker while lobbying for a much less restrictive law. Eventually though, she would need to make a choice if it came down to hunting down others supers and tossing them into jthe negative zone. That choice would be for her to be anti-reg.

Nova: pro-reg. On her world, all supers were protectors and did so freely. It was both honor and duty. She would be bewildered by what she would consider selfishness on the part of those who would not comply. Wielding all supers into an effective force, and tossing criminals into the Negative Zone, would make people much safer in her opinion.

Starknight: anti-reg with an attitude. Quite frankly, as an empowered knight of the Celestial Order, the law wouldn't mean too much to her. Combined with her own cockiness and stubborn strict, she would basically say "just TRY to register me."

Sentinel: pro reg... and it's ABOUT time! He lacks super powers himself but his experience as a soldier, crime fighter, and a Silver Knight gives him ample evidence to how badly people with powers can screw up if untrained, unfocused, or just evil. You don't let people run around with bazookas yet energy blasters who can punch a hole in the side of a battle ship is ok? Doesn't make sense to him.

Speed Demon: pro reg moreseo because he has a nice comfy life style as an actor and he simply isn't motivated or idealistic enough to risk it.

I don't know about Titan or Tyr, Norse god of law, war, and justice.

Okay, I'm not reading the books but let me see if I've got this straight.

If you've got powers, you have to register. This means that the government knows your ID, but you're not required to tell the general public. You're not required to work for the government, but if you don't, you can't go off and be a vigilante. You have to hang up your cape.

If you don't register, you are immediately carted off to the Negative Zone prison, without due process. Apparently you can then change your mind, if you're willing to register, whether you then work for SHIELD or hang up your cape. I haven't read about anyone taking that last option, which seems pretty strange.

If you want to fight crime in a costume, whether or not you've got powers, you have to register, be trained or otherwise approved, and sign up with SHIELD - where you will almost certainly be immediately put to work arresting your friends. SHIELD is a United Nations based agency, but according to Wikipedia its new leader is expected by the PotUS to be loyal to the US before the UN. Bizarre.

What happens if you're an unpowered schmoe with no interest in crime-fighting, going to a costume party, is not yet addressed.

Doctor Strange is somehow exempt. Why, exactly? From the government's point of view? Can he still stop mundane crimes in progress, or is his exemption limited to stopping mystical "crimes" for which there are no laws on the books?

Super-criminals, when captured, are apparently registering in droves and are then granted amnesty so that they can work for the government. Presumably they can't take the "I'll register then hang up my cape" option if they want that amnesty.

That last has to be the stupidest, most asinine part of the whole picture - why in the HELL would the newly-concerned citizenry ever allow that? What politician in his right mind would vote for that?

You gotta love it when writers loudly proclaim they are injecting "realism" into comics, then show that their actual grasp of reality is looser than Foxbat's. On acid.

If you've got powers, you have to register. This means that the government knows your ID, but you're not required to tell the general public. You're not required to work for the government, but if you don't, you can't go off and be a vigilante. You have to hang up your cape.

More or less. Of course, once the government has your identidy, who knows what they will demand next? New Avengers brought up that there was no guarantee against, let's say, being drafted into the military and being forced to fight.

If you don't register, you are immediately carted off to the Negative Zone prison, without due process. Apparently you can then change your mind, if you're willing to register, whether or not you then work for SHIELD or hang up your cape. I haven't read about anyone taking that last option, which seems pretty strange.

Unknown since the writers have written conflicting accounts. In one, it was noted to be temporary while in another, Negative Zone incarceration was permanent with no ability to change your mind.

If you want to fight crime, whether or not you've got powers, you have to register, be trained or otherwise approved, and sign up with SHIELD - where you will almost certainly be immediately put to work arresting your friends. Is SHIELD an American agency or a United Nations based agency in the mainline Marvel world?

For the part, that's pretty much true. I'mt not aware of any non powered crime fighters who have been carted off yet but then again, there could be a very loose definition of what a super is. Also, since there is no due process, it would be very possible to incacerate say, a Batman, despite having no powers since there is no oversight.

For the other, God only knows since whether SHIELD is US or UN based changed based on the writer and storyline. It doesn't make much sense though for a UN force to be enforcing a US law though.

What happens if you're an unpowered schmoe with no interest in crime-fighting, going to a costume party, is not yet addressed.

In theory, nothing should happen since you don't have powers although again, see the above about lack of due process and oversight.

Doctor Strange is somehow exempt. Why, exactly? From the government's point of view? Can he still stop mundane crimes in progress, or is his exemption limited to stopping mystical "crimes" for which there are no laws on the books?

They look the other way because he's REALLY powerful. Also, the top people probably have some clue (especially when supported by guys like Iron Man), that Doc Strange takes care of the wierd stuff that no one else can.

Super-criminals, when captured, are apparently registering in droves and are then granted amnesty so that they can work for the government. Presumably they can't take the "I'll register then hang up my cape" option if they want that amnesty.

Likely since they are already wanted for many other crimes.

That last has to be the stupidest, most asinine part of the whole picture - why in the HELL would the newly-concerned citizenry ever allow that? What politician in his right mind would vote for that?

For one thing, alot of people were scared after the incident and scared people do stupid things sometimes. Also, the law does make sense. We don't let people walk around with bazookas and assault rifles. Well now imagine that you have people who have that kind of firepower in their hands.... and lift cars.... and shrug off .44 bullets. Wouldn't YOU want that person under some kind of control? If you can have a gunowner registered his firearms, why not someone who has a whole arsenal at his fingertips?

That said, the whole storyline is VERY forced. Much worse events (like Onslaught and the Magneto attack on Manhatten) inflicted far worse losses but failed to produce such measures. Captain America was run out on a rail before the law was even passed, and I don't know if we have seen any ACLU type suits against this law.

Also, in a world with Marvel tech but realistic reactions, you would likely have a government sponsored alliance of trained law enforcement supers/piloted Sentinels as well as very secure facilities, or rapid executions of violent supercriminals. You wouldn't have guys breaking out in order to facilitate the next storyline.

For one thing, alot of people were scared after the incident and scared people do stupid things sometimes. Also, the law does make sense. We don't let people walk around with bazookas and assault rifles. Well now imagine that you have people who have that kind of firepower in their hands.... and lift cars.... and shrug off .44 bullets. Wouldn't YOU want that person under some kind of control? If you can have a gunowner registered his firearms, why not someone who has a whole arsenal at his fingertips?

That said, the whole storyline is VERY forced. Much worse events (like Onslaught and the Magneto attack on Manhatten) inflicted far worse losses but failed to produce such measures. Captain America was run out on a rail before the law was even passed, and I don't know if we have seen any ACLU type suits against this law.

Also, in a world with Marvel tech but realistic reactions, you would likely have a government sponsored alliance of trained law enforcement supers/piloted Sentinels as well as very secure facilities, or rapid executions of violent supercriminals. You wouldn't have guys breaking out in order to facilitate the next storyline.

I wasn't talking about the general idea behind the law, which I agree is realistic and which I personally would side with if the implementation wasn't so ridiculous. I was specifically talking about giving amnesty to super-criminals and signing them up to work for the government (or SHIELD, which according to Wikipedia is a UN organization). That's just plain stupid, no matter how upset people are.

Good point about Onslaught, Magneto, etc. Why now? Well, because we needed a big summer crossover event, duh. Makes no sense at all.

I wasn't talking about the general idea behind the law' date=' which I agree is realistic and which I personally would side with if the implementation wasn't so ridiculous. I was specifically talking about giving amnesty to super-criminals and signing them up to work for the government (or SHIELD, which according to Wikipedia is a UN organization). That's just plain [i']stupid[/i], no matter how upset people are.

Actually, I have community service and parole/probation programs in my own campaign, restricted to Super Criminals who were minors when they committed their crimes and those who've never been convicted of violent crimes. However, I agree that the Marvel program would be political suicide.

Also, again, SHIELD drafted the Jester, with his amazing power of wearing tight clothing and bumming gadgets off of other villains. After that, it doesn't get much sillier.

Um, even granting the right to privacy argument not floating, there's a couple other problems with it:

1. It amounts to mandatory conscription of *everyone* of a single group. Legally, it would need to pass a 'necessity' muster equivalent to a *universal* draft, or else it violates nondiscrimination clauses and the various ones a draft would, absent necessity

2. Bills of attainder and ex post facto laws. The act manages to be both.

3. Due process. Nobody violating the law is getting it.

4. Cruel and unusual punishment. Everyone violating the law whose caught *is* getting this

1. No. People with powers are required to register, but they are not required to work for the government. You can hang up the cape.

2. No. The act is not an ex post facto law. People who have been superheroes but aren't now, or had powers but don't now aren't required to register. The act is also not a bill of attainder. It doesn't say "Captain America is a criminal".

3. Yes...or to be more accurate they haven't _shown_ the criminals getting due process. A forgiving reading might assume that in most cases these people are either getting trials or will at some indefinite point in the future get trials. Bear in mind though that in real life there is often a time frame of many months of imprisonment between a person being arrested and them actually getting a trial. That's why people convicted of less serious felonies often get sentenced to "time served". However it is extremely unlikely that the act itself says "nobody who violates this act gets a trial". The cases, however few or common, where due process is being violated are going to be statutorily enshrined any more than there's a law that says you can shuffle a prisoner from containment facility to containment facility to keep his lawyer from finding him.

4. Not a consideration. Considering the difficulties involved in restraining even many non-powered supervillains, 616's Supreme Court would have long since ruled that some very extreme methods of restraint aren't unusual at all. Dude, in real life they ruled concerning capital punishment "Sure, it's cruel, but we already do it, so it ain't unusual".

That said, the whole storyline is VERY forced. Much worse events (like Onslaught and the Magneto attack on Manhatten) inflicted far worse losses but failed to produce such measures.

Who says? The Mutant Registration Act arose out of just such things, and so did this one. Don't forget that Stamford did not cause the Registration Act to be introduced. All it did was counterbalance Iron Man's publicity stunt and shift a few votes, enough to narrowly pass a bill that otherwise would have narrowly failed to pass.

I thought it was obvious that the pro- reg side would be portrayed as the bad guys of CW. My reasons are based on Marvel Metalogic.

1) Captain America is the moral equivalent of superman in the Marvel universe he represents truth, justice, freedom, and the american way. He has fought Nazi's, terrorists, nihilists, and anarchists. When it comes to making decisions he always makes the choice that best represents and benefits the best interests of the people. Which leads to the final truth of Captain America "if you happen to find yourself on the other side of an argument, or war, than Captain America then your on the wrong side."

2) Notice Nick Fury has gone underground and is helping the anti-reg groups. This is the man who made S.H.I.E.L.D. what it is. He is ducking them and trying to stay off the radar, why? He's done that before and the end result was a internal war with S.H.I.E.LD. and eventual dismantalling of the organization. When Nick Fury has to fight S.H.I.E.L.D. that means that something seriously wrong is going on with American Security.

It would be hard for me to choose which side to place a CU character on in the CU universe. I'm not sure that universe has as dynamic of figures as Captain America, Nick Fury, Mr. Fantastic,or Spiderman. These are the figures who would drawn people in. My only hope for the CW is that the real Thor and The Incredible Hulk both come back and analy violate everyone.

1. No. People with powers are required to register, but they are not required to work for the government. You can hang up the cape.

2. No. The act is not an ex post facto law. People who have been superheroes but aren't now, or had powers but don't now aren't required to register. The act is also not a bill of attainder. It doesn't say "Captain America is a criminal".

They recruited the Jester.

Jonathan Powers was a struggling actor of huge ego who finally got his lead break as the leading character in an off-Broadway revival of Cyrano de Bergerac. Panned by critics, jeered by the audience, and disdained by his fellow performers, Powers was fired after one performance. Obsesivly, he continued to study the various arts and crafts that he thought would make him a great actor, things like gymnastics and body building. He took everything—except acting classes. Still, Powers was able to find employment as a stooge in a children's television show taped in New York.

Finally getting fed up with having pies thrown in his face, Powers decided that if the audience wanted laughter, he would give it to them. Contracting the criminal weapons-maker known as the Tinkerer to make him a number of gimmicks, Powers fashioned himself a goofy harlequin-like disguise and called himself the Jester. Committing several crimes, the Jester was eventually opposed by Daredevil who put the Jester behind bars.

Since then, the Jester escaped jails various times and continued to fight Daredevil, only to lose at every turn. For a time, the Jester tried to improve his life and restart his life as an actor, but this once again failed miserably. After this, he decided to full-time become a villain, but ended up in jail once more.

During the super-hero Civil War, the Jester was allowed to come out of jail for a time, only to gleefully join the Thunderbolts so he could help arrest the rebel heroes, especially when he learned that he would be able to beat-up heroes like Daredevil and Spider-Man.

He has since been shot in the head and killed by the Punisher, as of Civil War #5.[1]

His only "power" was to bum gadgets off of someone with talent.

Okay, I'm not reading the books but let me see if I've got this straight.

If you don't register, you are immediately carted off to the Negative Zone prison, without due process. Apparently you can then change your mind, if you're willing to register, whether you then work for SHIELD or hang up your cape. I haven't read about anyone taking that last option, which seems pretty strange.

If you want to fight crime in a costume, whether or not you've got powers, you have to register, be trained or otherwise approved, and sign up with SHIELD - where you will almost certainly be immediately put to work arresting your friends. SHIELD is a United Nations based agency, but according to Wikipedia its new leader is expected by the PotUS to be loyal to the US before the UN. Bizarre.

You gotta love it when writers loudly proclaim they are injecting "realism" into comics, then show that their actual grasp of reality is looser than Foxbat's. On acid.

I believe they stated that Strange was getting an "exception."

Which is a fancy way of saying "For once, we're going to acknowledge reality, that there is no way in hell we can coerce this guy."

After all, not only is Strange probably in the top five most powerful beings on the planet right now, but he's also traditionally the only thing keeping people like Dormammu from using Earth as a kick ball.

Jessica Jones.

Luke Cage, and related to the lack of due process.

3. Yes...or to be more accurate they haven't _shown_ the criminals getting due process. A forgiving reading might assume that in most cases these people are either getting trials or will at some indefinite point in the future get trials. Bear in mind though that in real life there is often a time frame of many months of imprisonment between a person being arrested and them actually getting a trial. That's why people convicted of less serious felonies often get sentenced to "time served". However it is extremely unlikely that the act itself says "nobody who violates this act gets a trial". The cases, however few or common, where due process is being violated are going to be statutorily enshrined any more than there's a law that says you can shuffle a prisoner from containment facility to containment facility to keep his lawyer from finding him.

Doesn't ultimately make a difference. IIRC, laws have been struck down because they were sources of massive in-practice constitutional violation, even if the strict wording doesn't require it.

4. Not a consideration. Considering the difficulties involved in restraining even many non-powered supervillains, 616's Supreme Court would have long since ruled that some very extreme methods of restraint aren't unusual at all. Dude, in real life they ruled concerning capital punishment "Sure, it's cruel, but we already do it, so it ain't unusual".

Except thats capital punishment for capital crimes. In this case, the prescribed punishment for "unwillingness to register with the government" is a life sentence in the most hellish prison possible.

There is no reasonable stretch by which refusing to register, in itself, can be considered on a par with murder one. Do we execute draft dodgers or tax evaders?

Btw, it seems registration is required if:

1. You have superhuman powers ( regardless of if your a crimefighter or not )

2. If your a mutant ( regardless of if your a crimefighter, or even have functional powers, or not )

3. If you fight crime ( regardless of if you have powers or not )

The first and last, they probably did so they didn't have major superhero subsets excluded from the 'fun.' The middle one, probably just to make sure that whatever happens, life sucks for the muties. But then again, it seems Tony is a closet mutant-hater. . .

1. No. People with powers are required to register' date=' but they are not required to work for the government. You can hang up the cape. [/quote']

Then why was Spiderman nearly beaten to death for putting in his retirement and announcing his intention to move away?

3. Yes...or to be more accurate they haven't _shown_ the criminals getting due process. A forgiving reading might assume that in most cases these people are either getting trials or will at some indefinite point in the future get trials. Bear in mind though that in real life there is often a time frame of many months of imprisonment between a person being arrested and them actually getting a trial. That's why people convicted of less serious felonies often get sentenced to "time served". However it is extremely unlikely that the act itself says "nobody who violates this act gets a trial". The cases' date=' however few or common, where due process is being violated are going to be statutorily enshrined any more than there's a law that says you can shuffle a prisoner from containment facility to containment facility to keep his lawyer from finding him. [/quote']

They've been shown not receiving due process. There's been dialog in the meta-book that there will be no hearings.

Who says? The Mutant Registration Act arose out of just such things, and so did this one. Don't forget that Stamford did not cause the Registration Act to be introduced. All it did was counterbalance Iron Man's publicity stunt and shift a few votes, enough to narrowly pass a bill that otherwise would have narrowly failed to pass.

Actually, a non-mutant registration act has not been in the storylines for years and its revival from obscurity was directly related to the Stamford incident. Btw, what publicity stunt by IM are you talking about?

Who says? The Mutant Registration Act arose out of just such things' date=' and so did this one. Don't forget that Stamford did not cause the Registration Act to be introduced. All it did was counterbalance Iron Man's publicity stunt and shift a few votes, enough to narrowly pass a bill that otherwise would have narrowly failed to pass.[/b']

Actually, a non-mutant registration act has not been in the storylines for years and its revival from obscurity was directly related to the Stamford incident. Btw, what publicity stunt by IM are you talking about?

Stamford just was the final straw.

The Hulk going crazy and destroying half of the Las Vegas strip just a few weeks before didn't help anything.

What some people might not realize is the next storyline to follow Civil War is World War Hulk.

The Hulk is coming back from Planet Hulk, where he was severally weakened by the dimension he was in and had to fight to new levels of strength and rage and is at the moment conquering an entire planet and gathering an Army of super powered curb stomping gladiators.

He's coming home to Earth this summer, and he'll be pissed. I expect mass destruction and possibly a reason for the Pro and Anti Registration sides to work together.

I can't wait. I've really been enjoying the Planet Hulk storyline.

TB

Wait, I've always wanted to post this

"I flip the table over, gather my gaming books up, and leave"

Thought I know this is a bit late in coming, my problem with Civil War is not worth leaving the gaming table over it.

My problem is that it's suddenly like "Holy !@$$!. There are no powerful mentalists in the Marvel Universe."

Here's what this looks like in the CU. Some Government mentalist mind scans for all these people, and then the game ends.

THAT's why it's stupid.

The impetus for it is possible. In my gameworld, there is no registration act, because typically the people who push for these things have dangerous giant robots at their disposal and short tempers, and the robots deal out a whole lot more damage than the average super when they miss.

I believe they stated that Strange was getting an "exception."

Which is a fancy way of saying "For once, we're going to acknowledge reality, that there is no way in hell we can coerce this guy."

I would LOVE to see Stark or Reed Richards go to check on the prisoners in the Negative Zone and find out that all their holding cells are occupied by magical simulacrums that fool all the monitoring gadgets into reporting that everything's hunky-dory. As in, Strange decides to work against the pro-registration forces nonviolently by spiriting away all the conscientious objectors who've been imprisoned without due process.

Who says? The Mutant Registration Act arose out of just such things' date=' and so did this one. Don't forget that Stamford did not cause the Registration Act to be introduced. All it did was counterbalance Iron Man's publicity stunt and shift a few votes, enough to narrowly pass a bill that otherwise would have narrowly failed to pass.[/b']

The one where he paid Titanium Man to have a staged fight with him in order to convince Congress that they needed to stay out of the way and let the heroes do their thing. But then at the last moment after he'd testified on that topic and used TM's scripted announcement that soon all the heroes would be out of his way because the government would be going after them to sway congress, the Stamford Incident happened at the last moment, complete with a camera crew to show all the dead kids in glorious technicolour. Needless to say, a few dead kids on-screen does a heck of a lot more to sway public opinion then a thousands of dead adults with no film crew to record them. Also needless to say, the timing is suspicious.

Going with the Marvel Civil War situation...

Lab Rat would register just to stay within the law. Of course, once he realizes what he has to do, his black and white sense of morality would be shatterred, ansd he would probably be traumatized by the experience of having to do something that is fundamentally wrong. (He's only 16!)

Sonic Eagle will probably fight against it, using his influence as a reporter in the local newspaper to encourage others to fight the act. Oh, and he will certainly research the constitution and point out that it is actually unconstitutional.

Reinard the Fox, after looking at how the law really works (he's a cop, so he's got some knowledge of how laws should work already) wouild fight the registration act because it is unconstitutional. You can't just stamp on people's rights. In fact, a cop's job is to protect people's rights.

Kitsune would refuse to register and fight this new law. They never had such a law in Japan, yet America is a freer country. A law like this just doesn't seem right.

Lord Nocturne, the Vampiric Doc D of the Beacons Universe, would possibly have arranged such a thing to break down America so he can come in to "save" it with his own plan for the counrty. This would only be a step in his diabolical goal of world domination. Of course, this is only a possibility, and probably one he's pass, at least given the Marvel way of doing it.