What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

Dr Who: A Good Man goes to war

Nogt convinced by the villains. There is a huge big 'why ?' as to their motivations. The big reveal turned out to be no surprise at all.

But after the Summer break we begin with the intriguingly titled 'Let's Kill Hitler' and also the End of Time where you see a skeleton holding a sonic screwdriver.

Black Death w/ Sean Bean. The movie "season of the witch" should have been. A group of holy warriors investigate a village that is free of the plague that is stalking the country side in 1300 dark ages. A young priest, wanting to run away to find his secret lover, joins them to lead the way. Good fight scenes, and very good story and a grim look at the dark ages make this a must see for fantasy rpger....Warning, its a brutal film, and the ending is not for everyone......

Wild Wild West:

Night of the Casual Killer

Jim and Artie go after a crooked political boss holed up out west.

The Night of a Thousand Eyes

Jim and Artie foil a blind riverboat captain's plot to hold America's waterways hostage.

ETA: And
Wall-E
(again).

Just got back from First Class. Not perfect, but very respectible in most regards...and WAY better than the previous two X-films. Most of my major complaints are of the nit picking variety(like the changes to Sebastian Shaw's powers and MO), but the goods of this one much outweigh the bad...Fassbender is particularly good as Magneto. I say...see it in the theater.

Against the Wind a 1948 World War 2 filmabout the Belgian resistance. Pretty good and with a cast who would go on to a lot more like Gordon Jackson, James Robertson Justice, Robert Beatty and Simone Signorret.

The Colditz Story. The Americans were not imprisoned there but the French, British, Dutch and Polish who had escaped from other camps got sent there first. No-one escaped there in the first World War but all the nationalities got escapers out and home freein the Second. This is the 50s film based on Pat Reid's escape.

Dodge City. Errol Flynn is a footloose Irishman, a veteran of British India and the Civil War. Offered the job of cleaning up Dodge City, he initially refuses until a small boy he befriended becomes a victim of the random violence.

I kept expecting him to do some swashbuckling, but that never happened. An unexpectedly good flick.

The Wife was on a trip last weekend, so I had a "let's see if there is any decent anime on netflix" marathon (plus a few others)

Alien vs. Ninja -OMG this was campy. Was fun to watch, would have been better with a few beers

The Warlords - It's refreshing to watch foreign films. Hollywood has gotten so formulaic.

Claymore -Watched a few episodes, meh

Witchblade -Interesting setup, Didn't hook me enough to watch past that point.

Rin: Mnemosyne -Imortal investigator, Dark occult horror, Sort of a World of Darkness vibe.

Ghost in the Shell. At the time it came out, it might have been cutting edge; just struck me as "meh, cyberpunk"

Moribito - Bodyguard agrees to save a prince possessed by some sort of spirit. Hooked me enough to keep watching. (not done yet)

Under The Hood (Good Watchmen Movie Tie In)

The Onion Movie (I liked it the first time I saw it when it was called Kentucky Fried Movie)

Kath&Kim (Selma Blair and Molly Shannon are so much better then the material)

Stealth Fighter (Ice-T direct to video thriller that is unintentionally hilarious)

Under The Hood (Good Watchmen Movie Tie In)

The Onion Movie (I liked it the first time I saw it when it was called Kentucky Fried Movie)

Kath&Kim (Selma Blair and Molly Shannon are so much better then the material)

Stealth Fighter (Ice-T direct to video thriller that is unintentionally hilarious)

Really? They changed the name of Kentucky Fried Movie?