What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

Clue' date=' the best movie about a board game ever.[/quote']

And I don't think that will change after these come out:

Battleship:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1440129/

Chutes and Ladders(no info on this one other than that it's in the works)

Candyland and Cherry Picker have also had there movie rights bought.

And I don't think that will change after these come out:

Battleship:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1440129/

Chutes and Ladders(no info on this one other than that it's in the works)

Candyland and Cherry Picker have also had there movie rights bought.

I wish you were kidding, I really do.

The Golden Compass in Blu-Ray. Very nice! Made me wish I had seen it in the theater. You could tell they were trying to pack a lot in and only scratched the surface on some things but I still enjoyed it and could follow the story just fine.

BTW, I noticed in the "Make one movie" thread that someone referred to the book that the movie was made from, as well as the rest of the trilogy. Now I have bought the first one for my brand new Kindle and I'm reading it. It would be better if I didn't already know the story but I like it anyway.

They market that book now as The Golden Compass: His Dark Materials rather than Northern Lights: His Dark Materials; presumably because of the movie.

Inception - Great movie. Love the timing (literally) and pace of the story. Action scenes are top notch and special effects are impressive. The latter is saying something considering the sheer fx overload in the last score of years or so. I love the "you decide" ending.

• 2 weeks later...

We went and saw Thor in the theater. I liked it a lot, although I question the pacing of the film -- he learns humility over a weekend?

We then watched Megamind (I liked it a lot) and Ghostbusters II.

Jackie Chan Adventures is available streaming from Netflix! What a pleasant surprise!

That really is a great cartoon, isn't it? And it had some of the best-written characters, with my own favorites being the Trio (Finn, Ratso, and Chou). Heck, how often do cartoons give the villain's flunkies a character arc?

Bones Season 1 and 2.

Great show. Very few things make me belly laugh. This show is one of them. For that reason alone, it has joined the top 5 shows of all time.

Working on Season 3. Just watched the Halloween episode (Mummy in the Maze). Emily Deschanel dressed up as Wonder Woman. Somehow managed both "sexy" and "funny" at the same exact time.

Thor - Liked it a lot. Like many, I wished the Destroyer battle was a little more dramatic. It was the scene in which Thor reclaimed his power though. To make the Destroyer too tough might have appeared to sell Thor's might short.

Saw the trailer to Green Lantern (Netflix), Captain America (matinee), and Conan (matinee).

Archer - season one on DVD. The best spy movie parody ever.

Archer is hilarious, and one of the best examples of what you can do with "limited" Flash animation. Watch closely. They really don't move the characters and props that much, but they set things up so well, and the design is so well done, that you don't notice unless you are looking for it.

I was watching the new season of the new Dr. Who online and I have to say I'm still loving it six years in. Matt Smith is growing on me, though I'm hardcore Tennant all the way. The fact that the went to Texas was very amusing. I think the writing on those episodes shows a little about what Brits think of Americans, or at least what they want to poke fun at us for. I won't spoil it, but there's a very famous historic president featured in the first two shows of the season. A great storyline too.

I had a thought about Dr. Who. I want to see if anyone agrees. He's like a much less omnipotent, much more beneficent, version of Q. He's very much a Trickster archetype though he is out saving the universe all the time.