What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

finished up Criminal Minds, Suspect behavior ....Series cancelled and ended on a Cliffhanger....way to go CBS...

All Star Superman was really good. I didnt read the comics first, but I am now going to find them

Great voice acting and decent animation. Worth a rental for sure, I am gonna find the Blu ray for the extras...

I've been watching Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. I was stunned to discover that it wasn't Hitler that conquered Europe in WW II, but Baron Zemo and the Red Skull. And they weren't Nazis. They were Hydra (Hail Hydra!) I suppose if they wanted to sell syndication in Europe any Nazi references and symbology would have had to be removed. Eh!

It reminds me of how the really old (18661966) Captain America cartoon used to refer to "The Leader" instead of just saying "Der Fuhrer" or "Hitler". I as in Junior High before I figured out that they meant Hitler the whole time.

finished up Criminal Minds, Suspect behavior ....Series cancelled and ended on a Cliffhanger....way to go CBS...

you'd think they'd film an alternate non cliffhanger ending in the eventof cancellation

Well since Criminal Minds is coming back there's a good chance they might resolve it down the road.

was it a crossover?if sothe criminal minds season premiere could resolve it

No it wasn't but The main character of CMSB has abeen on CM a number of times so it wouldn't be hard to wrap thhis up sometime next season. My understanding they haven't finalized any of next seasons scripts because of contracts with a couple of the actors including Thomas Gibson who plays Hotchner.

I'm sure it's not as bad as the cliffhanger they ended Alien Nation on.

I probably shouldn't ask, but what was that? It has been so long I don't remember it all. I never saw all of them anyway...

I did work with the Star's sister though.

I probably shouldn't ask' date=' but what was that? It has been so long I don't remember it all. I never saw all of them anyway...[/quote']

Basically the series ended with a group of anti-alien activists, having developed a potent biological weapon, toasting the imminent extermination of the Newcomers. Just prior to that George and his family had been exposed to the agent.

Finally joined the new millennium and got myself a new plasma TV. The Wife and I decided we should spend some money on ourselves to get something nice with our tax return. Broke it in watching:

Dr. Who, season 5, disk 3

The Addams Family (there's a movie worth re-watching)

Sherlock (the present day re-imaging of the original, quite good)

Looking forward to being able to stream and watch stuff on something bigger then my laptop. Should be a lot easier to check out some of the gems people are bringing up in this thread.

Ok. I saw Kung Fu Panda II one day (Which I thought would be fun, and it was) and PotC: Stranger Tides (Which I wasn't expecting to like, but actually did). So far, this is turning into an excellent movie time for me.

I just watched Thor...I liked it. It was not awesome' date=' but at least it was not awefull. The only quibble was why does Sif have raven black hair? Otherwise a fine use of 7 dollars....[/quote']

Sif in legend has hair of gold as spun by dwarves

Sif in Marvel comics has raven tresses.

I just watched Thor...I liked it. It was not awesome' date=' but at least it was not awefull. The only quibble was why does Sif have raven black hair? Otherwise a fine use of 7 dollars....[/quote']

The Marvel Sif has raven-black hair.

Saving Grace Episode 1 and 2.

Testing a new TV series. Cute idea, but the idea of seeing the voice of Mrs Fantastic being all barroom slut is a hard thing to overcome. I haven't decided whether I like it enough to pursue it.