What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

Back from Transformers Dark of the Moon. About what I expected...lots of SPFX and little plot...and what plot there was had a lot of holes and such. That said...it's better than Transformers 2...and having Leonard Nimoy in it was a pleasant surprise. A bit too long at 155 minutes though.

check out "Reclaiming the Sword" it is available from Netflix' date=' I have only watched part so far.[/quote']

If you are talking about the documentary Reclaiming the Blade, let us know how you liked it. I have a copy, and I've watched it maybe four times, I liked it so much. Sometimes I pop it in when I want some background noise too. I ended up going back and watching all of those movies that they mentioned as well. One of them was very hard to track down, but worth it :Alatrsite. That was interesting, and it's weird to see Viggo Mortensen acting completely in Spanish. I had also forgotten how good Rob Roy was until I watched it again.

My only complaint was that they went to a Korean sword master instead of a Kendo/Battojutsu guy for the Asian perspective. It seemed weird to me.

If you are talking about the documentary Reclaiming the Blade, let us know how you liked it. I have a copy, and I've watched it maybe four times, I liked it so much. Sometimes I pop it in when I want some background noise too. I ended up going back and watching all of those movies that they mentioned as well. One of them was very hard to track down, but worth it :Alatrsite. That was and interesting, and it's weird to see Viggo Mortensen acting completely in Spanish. I had also forgotten how good Rob Roy was until I watched it again.

My only complaint was that they went to a Korean sword master instead of a Kendo/Battojutsu guy for the Asian perspective. It seemed weird to me.

I just watched it myself (using this thread to populate my netflix queue) Overall I liked it, but thought they had far to many "art" shots and needless CGI. Almost everyone they had talking was passionate about the subject, they could be fine just cutting from one to another. How many times do we need to see a shot of a sword leaning on a tree at sunset? The latter part of the movie was far more interesting for me then the first part. That might be because I've seen the extra features from the LOTR trilogy, including long bits on the making of the swords for the films. The stuff about the evolution, loss, and reconstruction of western martial arts was cool to learn about. I also would have like to see more about the evolution of the swords used, but perhaps that is another documentary in itself.

Patton Oswalt: My Weakness is Strong

Funny. Dark but funny.

Funniest CD/TV Special I've seen/listened to in years. The story about the "squirrel", him deciding between the Internet+Scotch vs Working out, the Sodomy Demons. Listened dozens of times and I laugh every time.

Archer (Season 1, Netflix)

Episode 1 of the new season of Weeds (Free on Uverse On-Demand, since I don't have Showtime). Mary Louise Parker may be the sexiest human being on the planet.

Walking Dead (Season 1, Downloaded from iTunes. Just re-watched the whole thing.)

Downloaded Breaking Bad (season 2, from iTunes) and begin watching it today. I've only ever seen the show on DVD, but I like it.

If you are talking about the documentary Reclaiming the Blade, let us know how you liked it. I have a copy, and I've watched it maybe four times, I liked it so much. Sometimes I pop it in when I want some background noise too. I ended up going back and watching all of those movies that they mentioned as well. One of them was very hard to track down, but worth it :Alatrsite. That was interesting, and it's weird to see Viggo Mortensen acting completely in Spanish. I had also forgotten how good Rob Roy was until I watched it again.

Mea Culpa! I don't know what I was thinking. I hope to finish watching it this week.

I just watched it myself (using this thread to populate my netflix queue) Overall I liked it' date=' but thought they had far to many "art" shots and needless CGI. Almost everyone they had talking was passionate about the subject, they could be fine just cutting from one to another. How many times do we need to see a shot of a sword leaning on a tree at sunset? The latter part of the movie was far more interesting for me then the first part. That might be because I've seen the extra features from the LOTR trilogy, including long bits on the making of the swords for the films. The stuff about the evolution, loss, and reconstruction of western martial arts was cool to learn about. I also would have like to see more about the evolution of the swords used, but perhaps that is another documentary in itself.[/quote']

Done right, it could be an entire Series! Though probably not popular enough to get made. :(

This weekend I introduced Tavish to "Son of Godzilla" He loved it. Then we watched "Godzilla Versus the Sea MOnster" and "Godzilla vs. Mothra"

I need to find the other movie with Godzilla's Son, and then maybe the Gamera series and INframan.

;)

This weekend I introduced Tavish to "Son of Godzilla" He loved it. Then we watched "Godzilla Versus the Sea MOnster" and "Godzilla vs. Mothra"

I need to find the other movie with Godzilla's Son, and then maybe the Gamera series and INframan.

;)

Rep for spreading the Cult of Gojira!