What published Champions Universe Miniature would you most like to see?

Remjin

Okay, so here's the deal... I was talking about possibly making a conversion or sculpting a miniature as a fun project and maybe making it available to some people here on the boards. It would entail me finding one of those casting kits to make more than one of it, and getting a license from Hero Games, and all that jazz to make it all legal-like. However, I'm not terribly familiar with the Champions Universe outside of seeing some illustrations on the website here.

So, who the heck would ya'll like to see done? This would be an amateur effort, possibly just a conversion of some sort with a lot of sculpting done to it, that sort of thing.

Just from seeing who people talk about from the Champions Universe around here, I see popularity being for Foxbat, Dr. Destroyer, and possibly Grond?

If you have pictures, please include them, but I'd like to see what people are interested in seeing and what I could actually do. Once I figure out what pieces to do, it will take me quite some time to complete the project, likely, as I don't want to churn out something stupid. Worst case scenario is I do the miniature and I show the pics of it, and that's as far as it'll go. Best case scenario is that I bring it to Gen-Con and the big-wigs will like it and let me sell 'em here. :eek:

Re: What published Champions Universe Miniature would you most like to see?

Viper agents are tempting as are UNTIL and/or PRIMUS agents. I'd also like to see certain villains like Ankylosaur, Utility or Grond. I am not as interested in the various heroes. When we game my players will be running their own heroes and we'll need villains to fight and/or agent fodder. The book heroes are rarely present in our battles.

If I have to choose one figure I'd go with Armadillo (he has always been a favorite of mine).

Of course, like anyone else, I'd love to see Foxbat...

Other than that? King Cobra would be pretty sweet. Grond would be mighty cool, too. Maybe Black Harlequin, or Bulldozer.

Viper agents? Marvel Heroclix Hydra agents need practically no conversion.

I figure SHIELD agents look pretty much like UNTIL agents, too...

Well, as someone said: VIPER, UNTIL, and such are kind of... well... out there already in various forms depending on your tastes. I have yet to pick up any of the villain books or even the Champions Universe books, for that matter, because I have yet to have a group that played in that universe. :hush:

So far, I've only seen Grond repeated, anyone have a stock photo or anything I can work from? My last rememberance is a reptilian four-armed brick, but I'm not sure of his relative size or anything. Is he supposed to be bigger than the average hero? :help:

As a whole, I'm thinking villains and such would be more the preference, as most play their own heroes... unless there is some rather beloved hero amongst them. =) Foxbat always makes me think of Deflator Mouse from the Tick cartoon for some reason, though the picture I have makes him look like a comical batman knock-off with the Wolverine-style mask flaps.... :rolleyes:

Pictures? Anyone? I'm a bit behind in book purchases due to recent activity freshening up the house and updating some of the vehicle hardware in our daily drivers for higher fuel efficiencies. :idjit:

Okay' date=' so here's the deal... I was talking about possibly making a conversion or sculpting a miniature as a fun project and maybe making it available to some people here on the boards. It would entail me finding one of those casting kits to make more than one of it, and getting a license from Hero Games, and all that jazz to make it all legal-like. However, I'm not terribly familiar with the Champions Universe outside of seeing some illustrations on the website here. [/quote']

Remjin, you might want to check out some of the previous Champions Miniature contests that have been run on the boards here (mostly sponsored by Proditor):

Also, check out the thought that went into the "recipies" discussion for folks to be able to make their own version of some of the Champions Universe characters:

Some of the contributors also have provided links to their mods/customs:

Good luck with the miniature regardless. I look forward to seeing who and what you come up with.

Keith

P.S. Just reviewed some of those threads and realized Remjin participated in some of those contests. Doh! Oh well, at least it consolidates some of the info for others reading this thread I guess. ;)

Viper agents are tempting as are UNTIL and/or PRIMUS agents. I'd also like to see certain villains like Ankylosaur, Utility or Grond. I am not as interested in the various heroes. When we game my players will be running their own heroes and we'll need villains to fight and/or agent fodder. The book heroes are rarely present in our battles.

If I have to choose one figure I'd go with Armadillo (he has always been a favorite of mine).

Of course, like anyone else, I'd love to see Foxbat...

Other than that? King Cobra would be pretty sweet. Grond would be mighty cool, too. Maybe Black Harlequin, or Bulldozer.

As an FYI - the old Champions minis (from Grenadier in the 80s, as I recall) had Anky, Utility, King Cobra, and Foxbat... among others. Somehow, I ended up with 2 Foxbats, and 2 of some winged guy... there may have been a second set?

However, I expect these are few and far between these days.

Remjin' date=' you might want to check out some of the previous Champions Miniature contests that have been run on the boards here (mostly sponsored by Proditor):[/quote']

Looks like I took down most of my mod pics, but here's one of Dr. Destroyer...

http://www.herogames.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20110&d=1135264417

Not my best work (it was a rush job!). :o I think that was an IndyClix Brom body with Space Marine shoulder pads and Dr. Fate's head. Not sure what I used for the crown -- looks like a bit of 10-guage wire, maybe?

I would like to see a series of Archetypal Miniatures.

BRICKS

ENERGY PROJECTORS

FLYERS

MARTIAL ARTISTS

WEAPON MASTERS

ETC...

QM

For extreme generics, and I'm not recommending this line for quality but for availability, try http://www.superfigs.net

I know a lot of people here would want minis they could use in their game, but I'd like to see a Champions playset like this--

http://bp0.blogger.com/_2kjisMm3M9Y/RdoGdWK3A7I/AAAAAAAAAOo/Kaqjh0uot1Q/s1600-h/ideal_jla.jpg

--with all the Champions and an assortment of villains, a Homestead building, a V-Jet and a bunch of other accessories.

That would be sooo nice--:yes:

wcw, that'd actually be neat and a great thing to do for a good collector piece or limited set... but to reproduce or mass produce is beyond my scope. I could easily do a one-off, but it would take me a lot of time. I could cast the figures, but not the vehicle, or the base, as far as I'm aware of. Making it out of pewter would be out of the question. There's probably a way to do it in plaster or resin, but I have no knowledge of it. I'll look into it, though, as that woukd be a nice final goal, even if I only make a very few of them.

I know a lot of people here would want minis they could use in their game' date=' but I'd like to see a [i']Champions [/i]playset like this--

http://bp0.blogger.com/_2kjisMm3M9Y/RdoGdWK3A7I/AAAAAAAAAOo/Kaqjh0uot1Q/s1600-h/ideal_jla.jpg

--with all the Champions and an assortment of villains, a Homestead building, a V-Jet and a bunch of other accessories.

Is Batman doing the Batusi in that pic? ;)

I know a lot of people here would want minis they could use in their game' date=' but I'd like to see a [i']Champions [/i]playset like this--

I had the Batman, Robin, and Superman from that set. Got them on a birthday cake.

The capes were detachable, and were promptly lost.

wcw' date=' that'd actually be neat and a great thing to do for a good collector piece or limited set... but to reproduce or mass produce is beyond my scope. I could easily do a one-off, but it would take me a lot of time. I could cast the figures, but not the vehicle, or the base, as far as I'm aware of. Making it out of pewter would be out of the question. There's probably a way to do it in plaster or resin, but I have no knowledge of it. I'll look into it, though, as that woukd be a nice final goal, even if I only make a very few of them.[/quote']

I can appreciate that--it wasn't so much a serious request as an idle wish, a daydream. What I really want is that Justice League playset.

I remember going by it in the toy section of a department many, many years ago. I saw the handpainted Flash figure and fell in love. I wish I could have gotten it then, but I doubt I could have hung onto all of it this long.

From what I understand, the set is worth $10, 000 or more if you can find one in mint condition.

I can appreciate that--it wasn't so much a serious request as an idle wish, a daydream. What I really want is that Justice League playset.

I remember going by it in the toy section of a department many, many years ago. I saw the handpainted Flash figure and fell in love. I wish I could have gotten it then, but I doubt I could have hung onto all of it this long.

From what I understand, the set is worth $10, 000 or more if you can find one in mint condition.

Hey, if we aren't a bit of a daydreamer, why would we be into roleplaying games anyway? =) Its still a neat idea.

But $10,000 for a cheap plastic set of toys? That's ridiculous... just like toys still inside their boxes, unopened. What kind of fool child doesn't play with his toys? Yuck.

Seems there isn't a lot of interest in anything besides VIPER, UNTIL, and DEMON agents... and a few for some of the popular villains. I'll have to get a hold of a few CU books and see what I can find that appeals to me... as a whole, looks like Villains are the biggest want.

As far as Generics go, the Reaper mostly formed armatures would be easy conversions (cut and paste style, or kitbashing if you prefer) into your own custom heroes. With a tiny bit of heat and fine manipulation of pliars, you can even pose them some... though with some caution.

When I free up my current queue, I think I'll get to work on a Grond figure to start, perhaps, depending on how announcements go, though I suspect that would be one of the miniatures announced.