X-Men: The Next Generation campaign on Hero Central

MilkmanDan

Re: X-Men: The Next Generation campaign on Hero Central

OK' date=' I've opened the campaign up for your applications. Figure we'll start character threads over there for finalizing the details, try to get it wrapped up . . . well, eventually. Why did I start this all the week before Christmas? I mean, besides the "idiot" thing, of course.[/quote']

And I've applied!

Victory is mine!

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK' date=' I've opened the campaign up for your applications. Figure we'll start character threads over there for finalizing the details, try to get it wrapped up . . . well, eventually. Why did I start this all the week before Christmas? I mean, besides the "idiot" thing, of course.[/quote']

Which means we still can't apply and hope. Waah. Well, I'm going to keep going on Freedom, and throw the background &c. up here anyhow. Because you never know.

For fun.

Antaeus

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

75 STR 35 24- Lift 819.2tons; 15d6 [7]

18 DEX 24 13- OCV: 6/DCV: 6

40 CON 60 17-

21 BODY 16 13-

13 INT 3 12- PER Roll 12-

11 EGO 2 11- ECV: 4

30 PRE 15 15- PRE Attack: 6d6

8 COM -1 11-

40 PD 0 Total: 40 PD (25 rPD)

30 ED 2 Total: 30 ED (20 rED)

4 SPD 12 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

23 REC 0

80 END 0

79 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 168

Movement:

Running: 12"/24"

Flight: 10"/20"

Leaping: 15"/30"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Tunneling: 5"/13"/10"/26"

Cost Powers END

20 Tamer of Terra Firma: Elemental Control, 40-point powers

37 1) Earthmoving: Telekinesis (50 STR) (75 Active Points); Only Versus Earth/Rock (-1/2) 7

28 2) Earthquake: Energy Blast 8d6, Personal Immunity (+1/4), Explosion (+1/2) (70 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Only Affects Grounded Targets (-1/4) 7

11 3) Flight of the Boulder: Flight 10", Usable Simultaneously (up to 8 people at once; +1) (40 Active Points); Persons Affected Must Remain WIthin 4" Of Character Or Power Stops Working For Them (-1/2), Physical Manifestation (-1/4) 4

50 4) Hammer of Stone: Energy Blast 14d6 (70 Active Points) 7

21 5) Pitfall: Tunneling 5" through 5 DEF material, Ranged (+1/2), Usable As Attack (does not affect characters with Flight or Gliding; +1) (62 Active Points); Only To Form Pits Beneath Targets (-1) 6

20 6) Tunnel Creation: Tunneling 8" through 8 DEF material (40 Active Points) 4

Big Body Of Stone

13 1) Antaeus' Vitality: Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) for up to 75 Active Points of STR (19 Active Points); Only When In Contact With The Ground (natural earth, stone, and soil only; -1/2)

8 2) Avalanche Riding: Running +6" (12" total) (12 Active Points); Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Side Effect only affects the environment near the character; Damage to nearby ground; -1/2) 1

10 3) Earth Sustenance: LS (Eating: Character does not eat; Self-Contained Breathing) (13 Active Points); Only When In Contact With The Ground (-1/4)

8 4) Foot Melding: Knockback Resistance -6" (12 Active Points); Only In Contact With Ground (-1/2)

10 5) Grasp The Earth: Clinging (105 STR) (20 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2), Only Versus Earth Or Stone (-1/2) 2

6 6) Greater Mass: +3 BODY

30 7) Greater Stone Muscles: +30 STR 3

5 8) More Impressive: +5 PRE

12 9) Really Heavy: Knockback Resistance -6"

54 10) Stone Body: Armor (25 PD/20 ED) (68 Active Points); Visible (-1/4)

18 11) The Healing Earth: Healing 3 BODY, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Extra Time + Increased Time Increment: 1 Minute (-1 1/2), Self Only (-1/2), Only When In Contact With The Ground (-1/4)

Perks

10 Diggs: Vehicle/Base Contribution

Skills

18 +3 with HTH and Ranged Combat

13 Analyze: Stone Work 17-

3 Hoist 12-

2 KS: Mutants & Mutant Menaces 11-

2 KS: The Superhuman World 11-

6 Navigation (Land) 14-

3 Paramedics 12-

3 Stealth 13-

3 Streetwise 15-

2 TF: X-Jets

3 Teamwork 13-

3 Tracking 12-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 432

Total Cost: 600

450+ Disadvantages

15 Distinctive Features: 8ft Tall Stone Man (Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10 Distinctive Features: Mutant (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Technology Or Major Effort)

15 Enraged: when innocents threatened or harmed (Common), go 8-, recover 11-

20 Hunted: Anti Mutant Group of Some Sort 8- (Mo Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)

5 Physical Limitation: 2-3 times normal mass (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)

5 Physical Limitation: Large, up to twice human size (4m, or 2"; -2 DCV, +2 to PER Rolls to perceive) Infrequently, Slightly Impairing

10 Physical Limitation: Medical-Resistant Skin (Infrequently, Greatly Impairing)

5 Physical Limitation: Reduced Tactile Sense (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)

15 Psychological Limitation: Loyalty To Community (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Overconfidence (Very Common, Moderate)

15 Psychological Limitation: Protective Of Innocents (Common, Strong)

15 Social Limitation: Public Identity (Frequently, Major)

5 Unluck: 1d6

Total Disadvantage Points: 600

Background/History: My name is Jake Wahl, I am a mutant. I'd like to tell you my parents were heroes. I wouldn't even mind telling you that I am trying to restore honor and dignity to a family name marred by villainy. But my parents were scared teenagers from Modesto, California who had no idea that fooling around would get them a stone baby. I was left at a Californa MEF branch that effectively served as a mutant orphanage. I grew up there, made friends and learned how to best use my powers. I grew up to become a productive member of society. A beacon of equality. Only I'm not.

Cryptic messages in the night? A sense that something isn't right? Boredom? I'm not sure, but for some reason when word got to me that Hank McCoy was rebuilding the X-Men from the ground up, I wanted - no, I needed to join.

My name is Jake Wahl, I am a mutant. I am an X-Man. You can call me Antaeus.

Personality/Motivation: Jake is a pretty normal guy. He grew up in a safe, encouraging environment. He feels that as a large, physically powerful man, he has a responsibility to aid those who cannot aid themselves. He is a bit overconfident in his abilities and can sometimes bite off more than he can chew. He's very loyal to his team/friends/community. Once he's established an attachment to someone or something he tends to keep it.

Quote: Step right up to get knocked down!

Powers/Tactics: A giant of a man made of gray stone, Antaeus also commands the very Earth itself. His powers have lead some to believe that he might be the progeny of Terrax the Tamer.

Campaign Use:

Appearance: Tall, and muscular with broad shoulders and (forgive me) chiseled features. Kind of resembles a stone version of Colossus, he has a light gray color to his skin, golden eyes, and black "hair". He has three "stalagmites" on each shoulder. He tends to go shirtless because of this.

OK, Sketchpad, Log, Haven Walkur--apply to the campaign on HC, it's ready. The others are ahead of you at this point, please feel ashamed at your lack of vision.

Also, I'm starting character discussion threads in the Campaign messages to discuss concepts; it's easier than PMs or some such.

Also, there's a Bunnyverse Social Group set up accessible under the new User Control Panel options for pointless chat or some such. Just for fun.

Spitfire

Origin Story part II

The rain and cloud-cover stayed with the Wendigos as they flew south over the Border States of Washington and Oregon. Spitfire with her hawk's eyes led the formation, with Maniac in the middle, flanked by Ghost Horse and Susan "Puffin" Ellish, a short, sturdy woman who liked rain and cold weather and seemed as apparently inexhaustible as her namesake bird. Borealis ranged back and forth at the rear of the formation, playing tail-end Charley. The Harrier IIs with their sound-baffled Whisper turbines disturbed the rainy night rather less than the average household lawnmower, and the free-fliers, of course, made no engine sound at all. The light show was another matter, but the formation stayed high enough to lose Spitfire's telltale red-and-silver sparks and Borealis' glow in the clouds.

The Wendigos crossed the border into the Contested State of Idaho at 0200 Hours, slightly to the south and west of Boise, avoiding the USGNA Occupation Zone that covered the entire state from north of Hell's Canyon to the Rampart. O.Z. headquarters were in Coeur d'Alene, a bad-luck town second only to Old Seattle for the fliers in Hope Wing West.

And the jinx was still on.

As the Wendigos crossed the border, the rain let up and weathercon warned the pilots of clearing conditions ahead and a half moon with only intermittant clouds.

Spitfire dragged the end of her aviator's scarf out of her flightsuit and wiped the water off her goggles -- even as Puffin said ~Cloud cover's dispersing. Free-fliers, catch a ride; we need to lose the lights.~

~Faaa-bulous~ Spitfire drawled into the mindlink, stuffing her scarf away again, and then, ~Permission to piggyback, Maniac?~

~Granted, sugar, come on aboard~

A quick burst of pursuit-speed flight and then Spitfire was matching velocities with Maniac's Harrier II, all glistening-wet gray the colour of rainclouds. Laughing to herself, Spitfire cruised along on the jet's wake, feeling the turbulent air tug and break around her like water. Closer...a little closer...and then she darted forward like a salmon driving itself upstream and beached herself softly on the slippery fuselage. Her gloved hands found the insets in the plane's skin and she was secure, Maniac compensating instantly for the changes in the plane's weight and drag characteristics as Spitfire's weight settled down on it.

~Nice work, bébé~ she said, and sighed. Maniac was so damned annoying, with his loud mouth and pitiful peach-fuzz "moustache"...but he was also an essentially good kid and one hell of a pilot. A natural.

But of course Terry couldn't just accept a compliment.... ~Who's a baby, me?~ Maniac said. ~Yeah, well maybe I *am* young compared to the rest of you, but I got great natural talent. Give me a good milking sometime, sugar, and I'll prove it to you~

Spitfire lifted her head just high enough to check their three and nine o'clock arcs. ~I'll milk your father~ she said absently and heard Borealis chuckle.

Maniac made a strangled sound of protest. ~Hey!~

~Don't tease the children -- or the elderly, for that matter~ Borealis said. He was riding with Ghost Horse, his own flight powers inactive now and the pale shimmering ribbons of pink and green and blue that surrounded him in flight gone.

At thirty-seven, Jonathan Peter St George -- Borealis -- was the oldest of the fliers. He was fit and vigorous, his thick brown hair only lightly touched with gray, but for some reason he liked making a big deal of his "advanced age," insisting he was practically decrepit and senile. Borealis had been playing his game as long as Spitfire had known him -- four years now -- but it was just la causerie sotte, silly talk; he'd never had any trouble keeping up with *anyone*...he'd even kept up with *her*, once they'd started hitting the sheets.

OK, Sketchpad, Log, Haven Walkur--apply to the campaign on HC, it's ready. The others are ahead of you at this point, please feel ashamed at your lack of vision.

Also, I'm starting character discussion threads in the Campaign messages to discuss concepts; it's easier than PMs or some such.

Also, there's a Bunnyverse Social Group set up accessible under the new User Control Panel options for pointless chat or some such. Just for fun.

Done! I just ... you know ... wanted to make an entrance ;)

I've posted a request in player finder looking for a HeroCentral campaign to play in. Is there a forum or listing on HeroCentral I should post to look for an opening?

You can look for open campaigns in the Campaign Listing section, and you can post looking for open campaigns in the General Messages section. Unfortunately, some of the campaigns listed as "Accepting Invitations" aren't really; the GM for those games really oughta fix that.

From the menu bar near the top of the screen, click Site, then from the dropdown menu select either General Messages or Campaign Listing.

Freedom

Aliases: Many (primarily for economic purposes)

Identity: Undisclosed

Legal Status: Citizen of Hungary, resident in United States of America under business visa.

Place of Birth: Unnamed Village, Eastern Europe

Marital Status: Single

Known Relatives: Magneto (father), Magda (mother), Quicksilver (brother), Scarlet Witch (sister)

Group Affiliation: X-Men

Base of Operations: Unknown

First Appearance: X-Factor Annual #4

Origin: X-Men Annual #4

History: The first daughter of the man known to the world as Magneto was, as he would tell the history, killed in a house fire in the late 1940’s. That night, prevented by a mob from saving his daughter, the father’s mutant powers erupted violently, slaying those who had kept him from her. Little did he know that his infant daughter required no saving; the powers of the child concealed inside the burning house activated in an echo of her father’s enraged use outside. Though those powers were unable to prevent the infant from being knocked out by a falling piece of wood, they were sufficient to keep the heat and smoke from the child.

That night, Magda fled Magneto, and Magneto likewise fled the town. That night, inadvertently, they made their daughter an orphan.

Anya was discovered the next day, when her wailings were heard coming from the burned home; she was rescued, and within the next year, adopted by a Hungarian family and raised as their own. As she got older, the hair that grew in on the scar over the place where landed the blow that knocked her unconscious was not the same as the rest, a deep and rich ebon black; the hair from the scar grew in silver. It was, perhaps, a hint of her heritage, but even during that day and age, nobody thought anything of it, though certainly she was teased about it. It wasn’t the most notable thing, though -- the most notable thing was that she was … stunted. Her physical development rate was radically slowed; at age 10, she looked like she was six or seven. Age twenty, perhaps ten. It took her almost forty years to acquire her ‘full’ adult height of 4’10”. This, more than anything, was the cause of her early social ineptitude.

However, Anya proved to have a ferocious intellect, one that greedily grasped at things that were solid, unchanging -- the logic to be found in science, books and scholarly pursuits. A similar logic, if more complex, can be found in languages; she devoured them almost as readily as she devoured the cold precision of mathematics and physics, spurning the schoolyard cruelties of her ‘current social circle’. This sort of thing did not go unnoticed by the ruling communists or their Soviet masters. At age 10, having completed full secondary schooling and already working on or above collegiate-level coursework, she was brought to Moscow to study -- and be studied.

Over the next fifteen years, while she devoured scientific exploration to and beyond Ph.D. level, top scientists started to bring problems to her -- problems they were trying to crack in their own ‘race for the superman’. Many, many Soviet superhumans owe part of their origins to her apparently innocent answering of those questions. Everything was her field, from robotics to chemistry to genetics, her favorite. However, not all was well in the mind of the Soviet’s pet super-scientist ‘child’.

In 1956, the Soviets brutally repressed a popular uprising in her then-home town of Budapest. The eight-year-old child was witness to Russian tanks in the streets where she played, listened to artillery and gunfire echo from the walls and crash in the neighborhood, and helped in her small way clean up the debris during the aftermath. This lesson -- that revolution and action was only worthwhile if you had the absolute ability to make it effective and permanent -- kept her dissatisfaction and rebellion against the communist philosophy from coming anywhere near the fore. She was not yet able to mount effective resistance, after all.

As she turned twenty-two, Anya discovered that things were not all as they seemed with her. There was a reason she never seemed to get scrapes, or banged up too bad, even from the fall from the roof when she was seven. She’d thought she’d broken her leg in a simple fracture, but only an hour later, she’d been X-rayed, and the bone was fine. She’d even been walking without pain. As her delayed puberty came into effect, she noticed she could do things -- listen to radio shows, watch magnets align steel, and even make a difference in the latter. She was no dummy; she knew what a mutant was, and who Magneto was. These abilities she kept to herself, until she could be certain, and until she could gain sufficient control and confidence. In this, her slowed rate of physical maturity came to her help; unlike so many other mutants’ abilities, flamboyant and sudden, Anya’s control over magnetism seeped into her self, giving her time to practice subtly, giving her time to gain and keep firm control. In the meantime, over the next couple of years, she allowed herself to be turned towards a Soviet metallurgy project, in search of the next super-metal.

She didn’t find it; she created it. Unfortunately for the Soviets, the metal required at least a low-grade magnetic field constantly around it to keep it intact. However, sufficient metal had been assembled for Anya’s purposes, and late on October 23, 1973, Anya Gutzu recombined the metal and encased herself in it. Scattering the bullets fired from the Soviet guards’ AK-47s, she proceeded to obliterate the majority of the base in a very deliberate manner -- communication center, then the research buildings, then (since most of the scientists and residents were watching her) forcing everyone into the motor pool an d destroying the residences. In short, she made absolutely certain that records of the metal were destroyed. That done, before flying off she said one last word to her ex-compatriots: “Freedom.”

Over the next thirty years, Anya set out to discover many things -- the limits of her abilities, the way the real world works, the people who actually need help. The financial sector was an early focus for her; the proceeds from the rump sale of five 100-ounce bars of pure platinum extracted from the Ural mountains went into financing more wealth, which she took great care to conceal. While growing to understand her Powers, and watching what it did to such great people as Magneto (yes, she acquired a sample, and yes, she’s had a test done, so yes, she knows -- but no, she never told him), she developed a vast empire that surpasses almost any on Earth. More than most, she is aware of the vulnerabilities of eggs in one basket, and has never sought to create ‘AnyaCorp’. Instead, the companies she’s invested in (and often owns a majority of) doesn’t even know one person owns such a large portion. She’s long since become a master of the concealed investment, the multiple shell corporation, the false front and dead end.

What’s more, she’s aware of what a company can do. Though she uses the companies for her own ends, she does her best to ensure that a company benefits the people who work for it -- and the town in which it’s located. When she starts to move into a place, she intends to stay for good, and has redefined business practices and goals and sought new markets for old products in order to ensure the security of the people who have placed their welfare in her hands. Instead of making copper wire for telephone cable, a plant makes copper wire for vehicular air bags. Instead of selling handmade furniture locally, it gets exported to a different and much more lucrative market, increasing sales and profit-per-sale for the craftsmen, her shipping conglomerate, her import/export business, and the nationwide retail store in which she owns a considerable percentage.

It doesn’t mean she’s a fool, however. Through other double-blinds, she owns military advisory groups, training cadres, and weapons manufacturers -- in theory, her own private army, which includes amongst its numbers more than a few mutants with urges for destruction. She has discovered that ‘checkbook diplomacy’ actually works to a certain extent; if Mad Maxim is shattering bank vaults in Perth because he a) likes to wreck stuff, and B) wants to be rich, well what’s the percentage in paying him a six-figure salary to wreck stuff every couple of weeks against people who actually deserve to have their stuff wrecked??

Freedom takes her ‘name’ seriously, however. With her ability to move at extraordinary speeds, including making orbit in moments, she is unafraid of committing gross violations of ‘national airspace’. To her, the entire world is her home, and its people are her people. She has stopped massacres in Angola, rescued refugees in the Florida Straits, extracted defectors from Communist China, rooted out terrorists from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe to Argentina. She has spoken to the head of S.H.I.E.L.D., whomever it may have been at the moment, more than once; she has been threatened with sanction of the most permanent sort. Her reply to Col. Fury:

“You may certainly try. But the suppression field you have on is having no affect on me at all, and unlike Magneto, I can affect things that aren’t metal. I also have a longer reach. Tell me, Colonel, can your carrier withstand multiple meteor strikes?”

And how did she come to join the X-Men? Because of all the hero teams that have worked in the world, the X-Men were always those most concerned about people. The Fantastic Four were focused on scientific exploration, saving New York and the Eastern Seaboard from underground or extra-dimensional invasions. The Avengers fought aliens and enemies of the state and such. The X-Men had always been desirous of protecting people, helping people, rescuing people. As a consequence, she had opened a dialogue with Charles Xavier some time before the Westchester house had closed its doors, shutting the X-Men down; she continued to discuss the problems of mutantkind with Xavier with fair frequency, remaining a friend during his declining years.

Hank knew of her, though was never privy to their discussions. Though Charles knew of her freedom-fighting activities, at her request it is something he never wrote in his notes -- only that she could get in contact with Freedom. When selecting the new X-Men, he contacted Anya in hopes of adding Freedom to the roster; within a few weeks, Freedom made contact back, and allowed herself to be convinced to join. Though being a part of the reconstituted X-Men may slow her down somewhat, it will not stop her ‘extra-curricular activities’, which remains a point of contention between herself and McCoy.

Height: 4'10"

Weight: 105 lbs.

Eyes: Blue

Hair: Black / Silver

Strength Level: Freedom has the strength of a woman in her early twenties who does not work out regularly.

Known Superhuman Powers: Freedom possesses the power to control all forms of magnetism. She can shape and manipulate magnetic fields that exist naturally or artificially. It is implied that she can both manipulate magnetic forces from outside herself as well as generate such forces internally; her power is primarily psionic in nature, though it does have some physiological basis.

Freedom’s power has never truly been put to the test, but she has been known to accomplish tasks at extraordinary reaches from herself; she has displayed the ability to affect the solar magnetosphere for an incredible distance -- in minor ways, all the way out to the heliopause -- and can manipulate those fields to achieve a wide variety of effects. She has displayed the ability to lift over twenty tons with good control, and well over that with only gross manipulative ability. She can use her magnetic powers in more than one way simultaneously, from purifying metals from ore to assembling complicated machinery to creating magnetic force fields with a high degree of impenetrability, often specifically tuned to current threats.

Although Freedom’s primary power is control over magnetism, she can also project and manipulate any form of energy that is part of the electromagnetic spectrum, or that can be affected by the electromagnetic spectrum, including visible and ultraviolet light, radio and gamma rays, x-rays, and cosmic-spectrum radiation. While she can manipulate these with equal strength as magnetism, she prefers to work with magnetism despite its limitations, since she can achieve several different effects simultaneously with pure magnetic force. She has also shown a limited ability to affect others’ minds and powers in methods that bypass their natural defenses.

Known Abilities: Freedom has shown an almost uncanny ability to absorb, process, and learn to an advanced degree almost every science, language, and field of knowledge that one can write a book about. Her secret ID, Dr. Gutzu, is an acknowledged expert in the fields of biology, mutant physiology, genetics and genetic manipulation. Freedom is acknowledged expert in engineering, mechanics, metallurgy, geology, climatology, and astronomy. While Dr. Gutzu is known to speak over a dozen languages, Freedom has the ability to pick up new languages in a matter of minutes, and has no problems wherever she goes. In addition, she is an expert in the realms of finance, the stock market, investment opportunities, and running a business -- even multiple businesses -- to the height of its potential.

Paraphernalia: Freedom has discovered an alloy of several metals that only can sustain coherency within a minimal magnetic field, but which is highly mutable and can magnify magnetic fields if in the proper configuration. It also typically provides a continual low level of armoring, whether in full suit configuration, or in ‘civilian clothing’. While she has never designed or built such things as her father -- magnetically-powered craft, robots, computers, generators, or other items to vastly enhance her power -- she has managed to get her hands on a few examples, and could undoubtedly replicate their results.

Freedom

Val	Char	Cost
9	STR	-1
18	DEX	24
20	CON	20
10	BODY	0
29	INT	19
18	EGO	16
20	PRE	5
16	COM	3

2/18	PD	0
4/22	ED	0
3/5	SPD	2
8	REC	4
60	END	10
25/35	STUN	0

6"	RUN	0
2"	SWIM	0
1 1/2"	LEAP	0
Characteristics Cost: 102

Cost	Power
11	Life Support  (Eating Character only has to eat once per week;
            Longevity Immortal; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Heat;
            Sleeping Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week)
9	Healing 1 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2),
            Persistent (+1/2) (30 Active Points); Extra Time Regeneration-
            Only) 5 Minutes (-1 3/4), Self Only (-1/2)

PsychoMagnetic Sensitivity
11	1)  Armor (3 PD/3 ED), Hardened (Penetrating) (+1/4) (11 Active
            Points)
1	2)  Mental Defense (10 points total)
5	3)  Power Defense (5 points)
2	4)  +5 PRE (5 Active Points); Defensive Only (-1)
10	5)  Sense Electro-Magnetic Spectrum Fields & Signals 15-
            (Sight Group)
5	6)  (Total: 6 Active Cost, 5 Real Cost) Sight Group Flash Defense
            (2 points) (Real Cost: 2) plus Sight Group Flash Defense (4
            points) (4 Active Points); Only Against EM-Band Radiation (i.e.
            'Light'-based flashes, however created; -1/4) (Real Cost: 3)

Metalweave Magnifications, all slots IIF Unbreakable
            (Metallic Cloth; -1/4)
16	1)  +2 SPD (20 Active Points); IIF Unbreakable (Metallic Cloth; -1/4)
8	2)  +10 STUN (10 Active Points); IIF Unbreakable (Metallic Cloth; -1/4)
4	3)  +5 Mental Defense (10 points total) (5 Active Points);
            IIF Unbreakable (Metallic Cloth; -1/4)
4	4)  Power Defense (5 points) (5 Active Points); IIF Unbreakable
            (Metallic Cloth; -1/4)

154	Mistress of Magnetism: Variable Power Pool, 90 base + 64 control
            cost, 75 AP Maximum (Exceed Only w/ Special GM Permission)
            (+0), Penalty to Skill Roll is -1/20 Active Points (+1/2), Powers
            Can Be Changed As A Zero-Phase Action (+1) (202 Active Points);
            Limited Class Of Powers Available (Magnetic, Electro-Magnetic,
            Tech-Affecting) (-1/2); all slots Variable Limitations (requires
            -1/2 worth of Limitations; Focus, Concentration, 1/2 Effect
            vs. Non-Magnetic; -1/4)
0	1) Baseline Active Armor: Armor (5 PD/3 ED) (12 Active Points);
            Variable Limitations (requires -1/2 worth of Limitations; Focus,
            Concentration, 1/2 Effect vs. Non-Magnetic; -1/4) Real Cost: 10
0	2) Baseline Active: Flight 5" (10 Active Points); Variable Limitations
            (requires -1/2 worth of Limitations; Focus, Concentration, 1/2
            Effect vs. Non-Magnetic; -1/4) Real Cost: 8
0	3) Suitwarming: Life Support  (Safe in Intense Cold) (2 Active Points);
            Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4), Variable
            Limitations (requires -1/2 worth of Limitations; Focus,
            Concentration, 1/2 Effect vs. Non-Magnetic; -1/4)
            Real Cost: 1
0	4) Life Support Bubble (Personal): Life Support  (Safe Environment:
            Zero Gravity; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe
            in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing) (16 Active
            Points); Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4),
            Real Cost: 11
0	5) Life Support Bubble (Large): Life Support  (Safe Environment:
            Zero Gravity; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation;
            Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/
            Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing), Usable As Attack (+1),
            Area Of Effect (16" Radius; +1 1/2) (70 Active Points);
            Increased Endurance Cost (x4 END; -1 1/2), Concentration
            (0 DCV; Character must Concentrate at 1/2 DCV throughout;
            -3/4), Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Only to Activate,
            -3/4), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4),
            Concentration, 1/2 Effect vs. Non-Magnetic; -1/4) Real Cost: 15
0	6) Reconfiguration: Cosmetic Transform 2d6 (Outfit Into Any Other
            Outfit) (10 Active Points); Variable Limitations (requires -1/2
            worth of Limitations; Focus, Concentration, 1/2 Effect vs.
            Non-Magnetic; -1/4) Real Cost: 8
0	7) Fine Tuning: Aid  Enhanced Senses 2d6, Can Add Maximum Of 39
            Points, Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per
            Minute; +1/4), Can Apply (Remove) Adders (+1) (75 Active Points);
            Concentration, 1/2 Effect vs. Non-Magnetic; -1/4) Real Cost: 60
0	8) Full Power: Telekinesis (50 STR) (75 Active Points); Affects Whole
            Object (-1/4), Variable Limitations (requires -1/2 worth of
            Limitations; Focus, Concentration, 1/2 Effect vs. Non-Magnetic;
            -1/4) Real Cost: 50
0	9) Heavy Zone Work: Telekinesis (18 STR), Area Of Effect (12" Radius;
            +1 1/2), Selective (+1/4) (74 Active Points); Affects Whole Object
            (-1/4), Variable Limitations (requires -1/2 worth of Limitations;
            Focus, Concentration, 1/2 Effect vs. Non-Magnetic; -1/4)
            Real Cost: 49
0	10) Precise Operation: Telekinesis (23 STR), Fine Manipulation (45
            Active Points); Variable Limitations (requires -1/2 worth of
            -1/4) Real Cost: 36
0	11) MegaLifting Single Item: Flight 6", Ranged (+1/2), Usable As Attack
            (x32,768 maximum weight per inanimate target; +4 3/4) (75 Active
            Points); Variable Limitations (requires -1/2 worth of Limitations;
            Real Cost: 60 [Notes: 3,276,800 kg -- over 3200 metric tons.]
0	12) Lifting MegaZone: Flight 5", MegaScale Area (1" = 10 km; +1/2),
            Area Of Effect (4" Radius; +1), Selective (+1/4), Usable As Attack
            (x64 maximum weight per inanimate target; +2 1/2) (52 Active
            Real Cost: 42
0	13) Long Range: Telekinesis (10 STR), Fine Manipulation, Increased
            Maximum Range (925"; +1/4), No Range Modifier (+1/2) (44 Active
            Points); No Effect Vs. Non-Magnetic Targets (-1/2), Variable
            Real Cost: 25
0	14) Massive Area: Telekinesis (15 STR), Fine Manipulation, MegaScale
            Area of Effect (1" = 1 km; +1/4), Area Of Effect (2" radius; +3/4),
            Selective (+1/4) (73 Active Points); No Effect Vs. Non-Magnetic
            Targets (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), Variable Limitations (requires -1/2
            worth of Limitations; Focus, Concentration, 1/2 Effect vs.
            Non-Magnetic; -1/4) Real Cost: 32
0	15) MicroPrecision Work: Telekinesis (7 STR), Fine Manipulation,
            Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1), Attack Versus Limited
            Defense (Magnetic Powers; +1 1/2) (72 Active Points); Variable
            Real Cost: 58
0	16) Electro-Magnetic Pulse (Nuclear Scale): Energy Blast 4d6,
            MegaScale AoE (1" = 10 km; +1/2), Area Of Effect (2" radius; +3/4)
            (45 Active Points); No Effect Vs. Non-Electronic Targets (-3/4),
            No Range (-1/2), Variable Limitations (requires -1/2 worth of
            -1/4) Real Cost: 18
0	17) Irresistable Force: Energy Blast 15d6 (75 Active Points); Variable
            Concentration, 1/2 Effect vs. Non-Magnetic; -1/4) Real Cost: 60
0	18) Shred: Killing Attack - Ranged 2 1/2d6, Indirect (Any origin, any
            direction; +3/4) (70 Active Points); OIF (Focus (Metal of
            Opportunity); -1/2), Variable Limitations (requires -1/2 worth of
            -1/4) Real Cost: 40
0	19) Take Apart: Major Transform 1d6+1, Invisible Power Effects,
            Source Only (Fully Invisible; +1/2), Partial Transform (+1/2) (40
            Active Points); Limited Target Technological Foci / 'Restrainables' /
            Special F/X (-1/2), Variable Limitations (requires -1/2 worth of
            -1/4) Real Cost: 23
0	20) Take Apart (Area): Major Transform 0 1/2d6, Invisible Power
            Effects, Source Only (Fully Invisible; +1/2), Partial Transform
            (+1/2), Area Of Effect (2" Radius; +1), Selective (+1/4) (32 Active
            Points); Limited Target Technological Foci / 'Restrainables' / Special
            Effects (-1/2), Variable Limitations (requires -1/2 worth of
            -1/4) Real Cost: 18
0	21) Suppress Flow (1): Drain 2d6, One Technological Power one at a
            time (+1/4), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per
            Minute; +1/4), Invisible to Sight Group, Source Only (+1/4), Ranged
            (+1/2) (45 Active Points); Variable Limitations (requires -1/2 worth
            of Limitations; Focus, Concentration, 1/2 Effect vs. Non-Magnetic;
0	22) Suppress Flow (1, Zone): Drain 1d6+1, One Technological Power
            at a time (+1/4), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of
            5 per Minute; +1/4), Invisible to Sight Group, Source Only (+1/4),
            Area Of Effect (16" Radius; +1 3/4) (45 Active Points); Variable
            Concentration, 1/2 Effect vs. Non-Magnetic; -1/4) Real Cost: 36
0	23) Suppress Flow (2): Drain 2d6, Delayed Return Rate (points return
            at the rate of 5 per Minute; +1/4), 2 Technological Powers
            simultaneously (+1/2), Ranged (+1/2) (45 Active Points); Variable
0	24) Suppress Flow (4): Drain 1 1/2d6, Delayed Return Rate (points
            return at the rate of 5 per Minute; +1/4), Ranged (+1/2), 4
            Technological powers simultaneously (+1) (41 Active Points);
            Concentration, 1/2 Effect vs. Non-Magnetic; -1/4) Real Cost: 33
0	25) Suppress Flow (all): Drain 1d6, Delayed Return Rate (points
            return at the rate of 5 per Minute; +1/4), Invisible to Sight Group,
            Source Only (+1/4), Ranged (+1/2), all Technological powers
            simultaneously (+2) (40 Active Points); Variable Limitations
            Effect vs. Non-Magnetic; -1/4) Real Cost: 32
0	26) Mistress of the Spectrum: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack),
            Full Range (+1) (40 Active Points); Only Works Against
            EM-Spectrum Energy or Metal-Bearing Physical (-1/2), Costs
            Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4), Variable Limitations
            Effect vs. Non-Magnetic; -1/4) Real Cost: 20
0	27) Machines Do What I Tell Them: Mind Control 7d6 (Machine
            class of minds), Telepathic (+1/4) (44 Active Points); Does Not
            Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4), Variable Limitations (requires
            -1/2 worth of Limitations; Focus, Concentration, 1/2 Effect vs.
            Non-Magnetic; -1/4) Real Cost: 29
0	28) Command Stream: Telepathy 9d6 (Machine class of minds), Sense
            Affected As Another Sense (Radio Group; +0) (45 Active Points);
0	29) Standard: Force Field (8 PD/12 ED) (Protect Carried Items),
            Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Hardened (+1/4) (45 Active
            Real Cost: 36
0	30) EnDurable: Force Field (5 PD/7 ED) (Protect Carried Items),
            Persistent (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (44 Active
            Real Cost: 35
0	31) Watch It Come: PD: Force Field (20 PD) (Protect Carried Items),
            Hardened (x2; +1/2) (45 Active Points); Variable Limitations
            Effect vs. Non-Magnetic; -1/4) Real Cost: 36
0	32) Watch It Come: ED: Force Field (20 ED) (Protect Carried Items),
            Hardened (x2; +1/2) (45 Active Points); Variable Limitations
            Effect vs. Non-Magnetic; -1/4) Real Cost: 36
0	33) Invisible: Force Field (7 PD/9 ED) (Protect Carried Items),
            Invisible to Sight, and Touch Groups (+3/4) (45 Active Points);
0	34) Balance: Force Wall (8 PD/8 ED; 3" long and 1" tall) (44 Active
            Points); No Range (-1/2), Restricted Shape (-1/4), Variable
            Real Cost: 22
0	35) Combat Flight: Flight 12", Position Shift, combat acceleration/
            deceleration (+1/4), No Turn Mode (+1/4) (43 Active Points);
            Concentration, 1/2 Effect vs. Non-Magnetic; -1/4) Real Cost: 34
0	36) Easy Flight: Flight 15", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (45
0	37) Casual Flight: Flight 20", Position Shift (45 Active Points); Variable
0	38) Swift Flight: Flight 6", x8 Noncombat, Reduced Endurance (0 END;
            +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (44 Active Points); Variable Limitations
            Effect vs. Non-Magnetic; -1/4) Real Cost: 35
0	39) Rapid Flight: Flight 10", x16 Noncombat, rapid Noncombat
            movement (+1/4) (44 Active Points); Variable Limitations (requires
            Non-Magnetic; -1/4) Real Cost: 35
0	40) Personal MegaFlight: Flight 5", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2),
            Noncombat acceleration/deceleration (+1), MegaScale (1" = 1,000
            km; +1), Can Be Scaled Down 1" = 1km (+1/4) (37 Active Points);
            Concentration, 1/2 Effect vs. Non-Magnetic; -1/4) Real Cost: 30
0	41) Lightspeed (Personal): Flight 5", Reduced Endurance (0 END;
            +1/2), MegaScale Speed (1" = 1 billion km; +2 1/2) (40 Active
            Real Cost: 32
0	42) Group Flight (Slow): Flight 5", x8 Noncombat, Usable As Attack
            (+1), Area Of Effect (16" Radius; +1 1/2), Selective (+1/4) (75
            -1/4) Real Cost: 60
0	43) Group MegaFlight: Flight 5", MegaScale (1" = 1 km; +1/4), Area Of
            Effect (24" Radius; +1 1/2), Selective (+1/4), Usable As Attack
            (x16,384 maximum weight per inanimate target; +4 1/2) (75 Active
            Real Cost: 60 [Notes: 1,638,400 kg -- or over 1600 metric tons.]
0	44) Hyperdense Armor: Armor (20 PD/20 ED), Hardened (Armor Piercing; 
            +1/4) (75 Active Points); Variable Limitations (requires -1/2 worth
            of Limitations; Focus, Concentration, 1/2 Effect vs. Non-Magnetic;
0	45) Hedgehog: Killing Attack - Ranged 1 1/2d6, Damage Shield (+1/2),
            +2 Increased STUN Multiplier (+1/2), Continuous (+1) (75 Active
            Real Cost: 60
0	46) Magneto-Gravitic Lockdown: Entangle 3d6, 5 DEF, Invisible to
            Sight Group, SFX Only (+1/4), Takes No Damage From Attacks All
            Attacks (+1/2) (70 Active Points); Variable Limitations (requires
            Non-Magnetic; -1/4) Real Cost: 56
0	47) Magneto-Gravitic Enclosure: Force Wall (12 PD; 2" long and 1" tall),
            Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Backlash
            (+1/2) (72 Active Points); Restricted Shape (Sphere; -1/4),
            Concentration, 1/2 Effect vs. Non-Magnetic; -1/4) Real Cost: 48
0	48) A Very Long Arm Indeed: Telekinesis (10 STR), MegaScale (1" =
            10 million km; Range; +2), MegaScale (1" = 1 million km; to
            movement; +1 3/4), Can Be Scaled Down 1" = 1km (+1/4) (75
0	49) Touch Megalift Hyperspeed: Flight 5", MegaScale Speed (1" = 10
            million km; +2), Usable As Attack (x16,384 maximum weight per
            inanimate target; +4 1/2) (75 Active Points); Variable Limitations
            (requires -1/2 worth of Limitations; Focus, Concentration, 1/2 Effect 
            vs. Non-Magnetic; -1/4) Real Cost: 60
0	50) Heat Shielding: Force Field (20 ED), Usable By Other (+1/4),
            Ranged (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Uncontrolled
            (+1/2), MegaScale (1" = 100 km; Range; +3/4) (70 Active Points);
            Limited Coverage [61-180] Degrees (-1/2), Only Works Against
            Limited Type of Attack (Heat/Fire; -1/2), Variable Limitations
            (requires -1/2 worth of Limitations; Focus, Concentration, 1/2 Effect
            vs. Non-Magnetic; -1/4) Real Cost: 31
Powers Cost: 240

Cost	Martial Arts Maneuver
1	Weapon Element:  Telekinesis, Unarmed
3	Defensive Throw:  1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +1 DCV, Block, Target Falls
5	Defensive Strike:  1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +3 DCV, STR Strike
5	Flying Dodge:  1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +4 DCV, Dodge All Attacks, Abort;
            FMove
4	Martial Block:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
3	Martial Grab:  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, +10 STR
            for holding on
5	Takeaway:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab Weapon, +10 STR to
            take weapon away
Martial Arts Cost: 26

Cost	Skill
5	+1 with DCV
3	Acting 13-
3	Breakfall 13-
1	Bribery 8-
1	Bureaucratics 8-
Everyman Skills
0	1)  AK: The Solar System and Earth 8- [Notes: Freedom doesn't know
            any particular city very well -- at least, not any more.  Instead,
            she knows 'where cities are' like other people know streets, and
            'where the planets are right now' the way other people know local
            towns and suburbs.]
0	2)  Climbing 8-
1	3)  Concealment 15- (3 Active Points); Only to Find Magnetic-Affected
            / Electron-Sensitive Items (-1)
0	4)  Concealment 8-
0	5)  Conversation 8-
0	6)  PS: ER Doctor / Combat Physician (Everyman Skill) 11-
1	7)  TF:  Everyman Skill, Small Motorized Ground Vehicles, X-Jet
1	High Society 8-
Intelligence Skills
3	1)  Computer Programming 15-
1	2)  Criminology 8-
3	3)  Cryptography 15-
3	4)  Deduction 15-
1	5)  Demolitions 8-
3	6)  Electronics 15-
3	7)  Forensic Medicine 15-
3	8)  Instructor 15-
3	9)  Inventor 15-
3	10) Mechanics 15-
2	11) Navigation (Air, Space) 8-
3	12) PS: CEO 15-
5	13) Paramedics 16-
7	14) Power:  Magnetic Control 17-
3	15) Research 15-
1	16) Security Systems 8-
3	17) Shadowing 15-
3	18) Systems Operation 15-
3	19) Tactics 15-
1	Interrogation 8-
2	Lockpicking 13- (3 Active Points); w/ TK Only (-1/4)
3	Oratory 13-
3	Persuasion 13-
1	Riding 8-
3	Stealth 13-
3	Teamwork 13-
3	Trading 13-
Skills Cost: 91

Cost	Perk
19	International Fiscal Network: Money:  Filthy Rich, Difficult To Dispel
            (x2 Active Points; +1/4) (19 Active Points) [Notes: Freedom has
            amassed a vast (i.e. 15-point level) network of companies,
            corporations, and other moneymaking opportunities.  Unlike
            others, however, she has not brought them under one 'umbrella'
            company, but chooses instead to make her exposure much less,
            even if it somewhat complicates the full, easy use of her monies
            and access.]

30	International Business Network: Contact (Contact has access to major
            institutions, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact
            has very useful Skills or resources, Contact is slavishly loyal to
            character, Contact limited by identity, Very Good relationship with
            Contact), Organization Contact (x3) (45 Active Points); Extra Time
            (6 Hours, Only to Activate, -1/2) 16- [Notes: Dr. Gutzu's network
            is enormous; she can walk into almost any town and be introduced
            to almost anyone she wants.  However, she does not, herself,
            know everyone in the network, and because of the lack of a
            'corporate umbrella', they aren't readily identifiable, either.  As a
            consequence, it takes a fair amount of time to call up her 'tracking
            hub', have them research the matter, and get back to her.]

2	Deep Cover
4	Anonymity [Notes: Freedom has witnessed some of the biggest
            superheros be taken down, however temporarily, by the seizing of
            their corporations.  Her own financial network takes advantage of
            all of the tricks of concealing one's influence and financial worth --
            holding companies, double-blinds, etc.]
10	Vehicles & Bases
2	Reputation:  Freedom-Fighter (A medium-sized group) 11-, +2/+2d6
2	Reputation:  Top Geneticist (A small to medium sized group) 14-, +2/+2d6
Perks Cost: 69

Cost	Talent
3	Lightning Calculator
5	Eidetic Memory
20	Universal Translator 15- [Notes: Hungarian (Native), Russian,
            Rumanian, Ukranian, German, Polish, English, French, Italian,
            Greek, Latin, Ancient Greek, Arabic, Hebrew, Japanese,
            Mandarin, etc.]
23	Universal Scientist 18- [Notes: Anatomy, Combat Medicine, Genetics,
            Medicine, Neurology, Surgery, Pharmacology, Physics, Magnetics,
            Particle Physics, Subatomic Physics, Mathematics, Metallurgy,
            Geology, etc.]
21	Universal Scholar 16- [Notes: Finance, Business World, Notable
            Business Figures, Personal Business Empire, Mutants, Superheros,
            Supervillians, History of Superpowers, etc.]
Talents Cost: 72

Total Character Cost: 600

Pts.	Disadvantage
5	Distinctive Features:  Electric Blue Eyes (Easily Concealed; Noticed
            and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
10	Distinctive Features:  Silver Streak in Hair (Concealable; Noticed
            and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
10	Distinctive Features:  Always Wears Primarily Black (Concealable;
            Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
10	Dependent NPC:  Executive Secretary at Genetec, Int'l 8- (Normal;
            Useful Noncombat Position or Skills; Unaware of character's
            adventuring career/Secret ID)
15	Hunted:  S.H.I.E.L.D. 14- (Less Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is
            otherwise very easy to find, Watching)
10	Hunted:  Magneto Fan-Boys 11- (Less Pow, Harshly Punish)
            [Notes: ... 'Acolyte' sorts who feel that Freedom is using
            Magneto's schtick.]
10	Reputation (Freedom):  Rescuer of People in Distress, 11-
10	Social Limitation:  Ice Queen (Frequently, Minor)
20	Social Limitation:  Secret ID (Very Frequently, Major)
20	Psychological Limitation:  Proud (Very Common, Strong)
15	Psychological Limitation:  Rescuer (Common, Strong)
10	Psychological Limitation:  Hippocratic Oath (Common, Moderate)
5	Psychological Limitation:  Takes the Long View (Common, Moderate)
Disadvantage Points: 150
Base Points: 450
Experience Required: 0
Total Experience Available: 0
Experience Unspent: 0

Ah, well. Found out about HERO Central, had a great idea for the Avengers game...only to find it was full.

Then I saw this thread, had another great idea for a character...before finding out it was full as well.

Maybe Bunny needs to hold some sort of Bunnyverse GM training seminar...we have far more interested players than we have GMs.

Ah, well. Found out about HERO Central, had a great idea for the Avengers game...only to find it was full.

Then I saw this thread, had another great idea for a character...before finding out it was full as well.

Maybe Bunny needs to hold some sort of Bunnyverse GM training seminar...we have far more interested players than we have GMs.

You can always post the characters anyway.

You can always post the characters anyway.

Well, the character I thought of for the Avengers game was Magni, which Bunny had the idea for before he switched to Arachne (and then got drafted to GM). Basically, I was looking to do something along the lines of learning about humanity at Thor's bequest, being sent from Asgard to Midgard in a human form (a son of Dr. Donald Blake). In Magni's case, he has a sincere desire to learn about the human realm. His departure from Asgard would occur before Ragnarok, but he wouldn't be able to return to his Asgardian form until the start of the campaign (when Asgard is barred to him).

As for the X-Men game, I was thinking of a martial artist precog called Rebus, with a mysterious past. Precognition is a great DM tool, and it would be easier to handle in a play by post environment (where you have more time to think of responses). I presume that even with the campaign being "The Next Generation", not EVERY character has to be the son or daughter of an X-Man...mutants have been spontaneously occurring in the Marvel universe for generations. As for the mysterious past...well, that makes it hard to post on a public message board. :)

Hopefully, if a new game opens up (or new spots open in one of the current games), I'll get an idea BEFORE the submission period closes.

The current universe is still growing (Alpha Flight and New Mutants games potentially in the works sometime, maybe others) and sometimes replacement characters are needed for the existing ones.

Plus, HC is an open playground. Even if it might not be an 'official' "Bunnyverse" campaign, there's nothing stopping someone from opening up an unrelated campaign with a similar pretense.

Or even a DC: The Next Generation series of campaigns...:smoke:

Some Epic Fails can be fun.

From a special perspective. For a certain value of fun.

However, better to have tried and rolled an 18, than never to have tried at all.

Plus, you seem capable to the measure of the task, and if the campaign fits the world, why not? :)

I'm considering doing a Crisis on Infinite JLA/Avengers Forever mash-up' date=' but it would be my first HC-ran game. I'm a little concerned I may bite off more than I can chew. I'd hate for my debut to be epic fail.[/quote']As someone who's first 2 HC games 'failed' (in a sense, more like I failed) it does sting, but you get over it.

Helps that, at least in my case, other folks took up the mantle of GM and ran with it, so at least the players didn't get left out in the cold.

Plus, HC is an open playground. Even if it might not be an 'official' "Bunnyverse" campaign, there's nothing stopping someone from opening up an unrelated campaign with a similar pretense.

Or even a DC: The Next Generation series of campaigns...:smoke:

That's funny, cause before I started the Marvel game my first idea was a DC game with the same premise, because I'm more of a DC guy.

I ended up going with Marvel because I figured I'd be re-writing continuity anyway, might as well use continuity I'm not as familiar with.

That's funny' date=' cause before I started the Marvel game my first idea was a DC game with the same premise, because I'm more of a DC guy.[/quote']

Maybe that was your mistake, not going with your first instinct. Generally, I find that when I second-guess myself, I end up worse off than if I went with my first choice.

I ended up going with Marvel because I figured I'd be re-writing continuity anyway, might as well use continuity I'm not as familiar with.
Judging by the success of the Bunnyverse games, I don't think people mind the continuity rewrites. And reboots are more of a DC thing than a Marvel thing, anyway (though that may be changing, judging by recent developments...).

Maybe that was your mistake' date=' not going with your first instinct. Generally, I find that when I second-guess myself, I end up worse off than if I went with my first choice.[/quote']Naw, my mistake was real life issues interfering with the game. The games seemed to be going well until I vanished.

Judging by the success of the Bunnyverse games, I don't think people mind the continuity rewrites.
I think the success of the games is more an aspect that you have good GM's and good players.

• 2 months later...