Champions Universe: The Unresolved Questions/Plots

Steve Long

Re: Champions Universe: The Unresolved Questions/Plots

The source of Teleios's notes.

I like this. :thumbup:

I wouldn't mind knowing more about Captain Chronos' mission in this time--I said as much way back when in the thread for Champions Universe: News Of The World. The paragraph on page 103 was interesting enough, and the addition of the villain Timelapse from Villains, Vandals & Vermin helped to flesh him out a little. Still, I find it difficult to believe that Steve didn't have a particular storyline in mind when he created the character.

I like The Monster, but I'm not sure there should be an explanation for him--if for no other reason than there hasn't been one before. None of the previous editions have an origin for him--let him remain a mystery.

Steve hinted in one of his chats that he had a really cool origin for the current version of Mechanon--I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to know what it is. Hmm?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that one is well up there for me, as well. Ditto Mechanon and the Hzeel. Let's see, what else has been on my mind...

The ascension of a new Archmage.

The final battle between Heaven and Hell over Vibora Bay.

The identity and motives of GRAB's patron.

The fate of the Ancient Empyreans.

What's the source of the meteorites that empowered the various Meteor Men (Mans?).

What is the Monster?

Who created Leech, and why?

Who and where is the third child of Nama?

Speaking of children, are there any other superpowered offspring of the Zodiac Working besides Frag?

How's Dr. Yin Wu progressing on creating the Jade Mirror of Transcendence?

I'll probably think of others later.

As my REP to you states. That's Bloody Brilliant.

Thank you "Selected+Copied+Pasted"

QM

I think there may be enough material here for a small book... say' date=' call it [i']Secrets Of The Champions Universe[/i], and schedule it for release in late 2009.

I, for one, would be all over it. :)

Clever notion! :thumbup:

I expect we'll have a Fifth Edition resolution to the Tournament of the Dragon at some point, but since I own Watchers of the Dragon I'm not in an urgent hurry for it. ;) But that does remind me: What's the relationship between the Dragon and the Nagas?

On the "artifact" front, Champions Universe: News Of The World gave us more details about the Janus Key (thanksverymuch), but I'd be interested in the current disposition of the Serpent Lantern and the Basilisk Orb, and how close the Mandragalore is to being reassembled.

Guest Major Tom

Clever notion! :thumbup:

I expect we'll have a Fifth Edition resolution to the Tournament of the Dragon at some point, but since I own Watchers of the Dragon I'm not in an urgent hurry for it. ;) But that does remind me: What's the relationship between the Dragon and the Nagas?

On the "artifact" front, Champions Universe: News Of The World gave us more details about the Janus Key (thanksverymuch), but I'd be interested in the current disposition of the Serpent Lantern and the Basilisk Orb, and how close the Mandragalore is to being reassembled.

I don't know if it's the case in the CU of the 5th Ed., but in The Ultimate

Super-Mage (4th Ed.) the Nagas were essentially secret guardians of

mankind, providing covert assistance to mages and/or mystically-aware

people in order to fight evil. IIRC, they were also enemies of the Dragon.

Major Tom :cool:

I think there may be enough material here for a small book... say' date=' call it [i']Secrets Of The Champions Universe[/i], and schedule it for release in late 2009.

I, for one, would be all over it. :)

This is a cool idea, for any genre universe really. I think I'd like to see a bunch of mini-adventures to go with each "secret," showing how players might discover said secret.

I don't know if it's the case in the CU of the 5th Ed.' date=' but in [i']The Ultimate

Super-Mage[/i] (4th Ed.) the Nagas were essentially secret guardians of

mankind, providing covert assistance to mages and/or mystically-aware

people in order to fight evil. IIRC, they were also enemies of the Dragon.

Major Tom :cool:

They're the same thing in 5E CU. There just isn't very much about them. Like an origin.

They're the same thing in 5E CU. There just isn't very much about them. Like an origin.

And why they oppose the Dragon and help mankind against it. Both the 4E and 5E descriptions of the Nagas raise those questions, but leave them unanswered.

Since several of the issues mentioned on this thread have come up in past board discussions, I thought it would be apropos to provide links to some that I could find for people interested in the speculation:

Origin of Mechanon

Origin of Teleios

Origin of the Monster

The Ancient Empyreans

The Dragon and the Nagas

Divine War in Vibora Bay (WARNING: Contains Spoilers)

In my own most recent campaign I created CU-based origins for the Monster and Leech, both tied to the latest incarnation of DEMON. As they involve GM-only information about DEMON I'll put the details in Spoiler tags:

The Monster is formed by Demoiselle Nocturne, of DEMON's Inner Circle, out of the evil dreams of her "sanctum," the twisted mind of the child Henry Francis Krueger. Henry's murderous dreams are intense enough to manifest in the waking world, giving Nocturne a powerful enforcer or just a means to act out her more violent impulses. As a dream construct the Monster is essentially immortal, since Nocturne can simply recreate him if he's "killed".

Leech is the creation of another Inner Circle member, the Coin Collector. (The mind-controlling coin mentioned in Leech's origin gave me the tie-in.) The CC has learned a ritual to spread the Qliphothic taint on his soul to others, warping their bodies and minds and enslaving them to his will. In my campaign CC had made several "Leeches" to serve as his assassins, keeping them in major bodies of water around the world until needed.