Who is the Champs Univ. Equivalent of . . .

Egyptoid

Re: Who is the Champs Univ. Equivalent of . . .

Conqueror-wise' date=' I do remember in [i']Crooks and Villains[/i] them talking about this dimensional woman (Ir'Val something...) that takes over several dimensions. She is much more benevolent though.

Istvasha Vahn? I don't know about that.

She does concur dimensions by the truck load, but other then that I don't think she has the Kang feel. I've yet to come across a villain that reminded me of Marvels Kang.

I agree, Istvatha V'han would be the closest thing to a Kang-like character :) In the past, when I've used her, I pulled an Avengers Forever and had her snatch various copies of the heroes from different dimensions under her rule to take them on ... fun times ;)

Well, Korrex certainly sounds like Kang, and may be meant to evoke the impression of Kang; but since practically nothing is said about who he was or his distintive schtick, it would just be an assumption on our parts.

I concur that Istvatha V'han has the strongest "Kang vibe" of any published CU villain; not immensely powerful personally, but having built up enormous territories and resources across the space-time continuum, and with a persistent personal desire to add present-day Earth to her list of conquests.

Nope, Tyrannon isn't a temporal threat, although V'han isn't strictly speaking, either. Although Istvatha has the capacity to travel through time, she rarely does so for fear of creating paradoxes that may harm her.

As a magic-based extradimensional conqueror who merges conquered dimensions into his own, IMO Tyrannon is more in the vein of Dormammu than Kang.

It's entirely possible Korrex will show up in Golden Age- he'll be in the playtest shortly, anyway. Like Kang, he's conquered Earth in a variety of alternate timelines, and considers the 20th-21st Centuries a particular challenge what with all the superheroes. He's also like old school Brainiac in that he miniaturizes and swipes interesting stuff from the eras he's conquered- he throws both super-high-tech and his personal stable of dinosaurs at heroes. Last, he's also a Ming The Merciless ripoff, in that he's vaguely Asiatic, rules a court that's always plotting against him, and has a beautiful but untrustworthy daughter who lusts after handsome PCs. dw

Guest steamteck

It's entirely possible Korrex will show up in Golden Age- he'll be in the playtest shortly' date=' anyway. Like Kang, he's conquered Earth in a variety of alternate timelines, and considers the 20th-21st Centuries a particular challenge what with all the superheroes. He's also like old school Brainiac in that he miniaturizes and swipes interesting stuff from the eras he's conquered- he throws both super-high-tech and his personal stable of dinosaurs at heroes. Last, he's also a Ming The Merciless ripoff, in that he's vaguely Asiatic, rules a court that's always plotting against him, and has a beautiful but untrustworthy daughter who lusts after handsome PCs. dw[/quote']

He sounds really cool!

It's entirely possible Korrex will show up in Golden Age- he'll be in the playtest shortly' date=' anyway. Like Kang, he's conquered Earth in a variety of alternate timelines, and considers the 20th-21st Centuries a particular challenge what with all the superheroes. He's also like old school Brainiac in that he miniaturizes and swipes interesting stuff from the eras he's conquered- he throws both super-high-tech and his personal stable of dinosaurs at heroes. Last, he's also a Ming The Merciless ripoff, in that he's vaguely Asiatic, rules a court that's always plotting against him, and has a beautiful but untrustworthy daughter who lusts after handsome PCs. dw[/quote']

I'm sold! :thumbup:

You shoot, you score!

Seriously, everything you say there has perked my interest.

Works for me. :thumbup:

He was one of the archest of arch-enemies for the original DOJ Golden Age group I ran back in the 90s. The first time he showed up he miniaturized and stole the entire island of Manhattan, and put the pCs in his slave stables to fight monsters for his amusement. The PCs quickly joined an already-fomenting rebellion against him, and Optimus charmed his daughter into betraying him and caused enough trouble on his miles-long spaceship that Korrex was finally forced to return Manhattan and promise not to try to conquer Earth in this time period again.

He of course returned shortly thereafter and menaced them again, but personally to get his revenge. I don't really remember the plot of that one, but Dr. Twilight wound up saving his daughter's life with his vast medical skillz and Korrex promised this time to really leave them alone.

He then came back again and convinced the PCs to act as his champions in a duel to save this timeline from the monstrous creature Entropus, who of course turned out to actually be the good-guy-cosmic space god in charge of keeping timelines untangled, and it was all revealed to be a plot by Korrex to steal Entropus' powers. (Entropus' champions were the Fabulous Five, the first time I ever used them and an excuse to send my '40s heroes into the far future of the '60s for a story.) He seemingly failed, and lost his son into the timestream besides...

Which in yet another encounter turned out to be his plan all along, causing tremendous temporal headaches and touching off the Secret Crisis of Infinite Wars, in which the DOJ teamed with dozens of heroes from various time periods to fight dozens of villains, including Korrex, The Master from Dr. Who, some Terminators and a rampaging Godzilla.

Yeah, he's been a lot of fun. A very useful bad guy who managed to pull off menacing and silly at the same time. dw

an excuse to send my '40s heroes into the far future of the '60s

I love retro-futures. Of course I mainly use the rather predictable 21st Century, with its flying cars and cities on the Moon.

My version is influenced by early Legion of Superheroes stories, Lost in Space, and, inevitably, The Simpsons:

---

Narrator: The moon. For several years, she has fascinated many. But

will man ever walk on her fertile surface?

[cut to a shot of Adlai Stevenson at some sort of press

conference]

Democratic hopeful Adlai Stevenson says so.

Stevenson: I have no objection to man walking on the moon.

[photographers snap several pictures]

[cut back to the moon where a family plays on the moon's

fertile surface]

Narrator: By 1964, experts say man will have established twelve

colonies on the moon, ideal for family vacations.

[a man fishes a comely moon maiden out of a crater. She

winks at the audience]

[a chart shows the difference]

Once there, you'll weigh only a small percentage of what

you weigh on Earth.

[cut to a shot of a chubby boy eating pie]

Slow down, tubby! You're not on the moon yet!

[cut to a shot of the moon, with an American flag

superimposed on it. The camera pulls back to reveal some

men in spacesuits]

The moon belongs to America, and anxiously awaits the

arrival of our astro-men. Will you be among them?

[fini. The film runs off the reel]

---

I started writing a proper timeline based on this stuff, but got sidetracked when I started thinking about real world facts that didn't fit with the setting, and lost the mood required for semi-comic writing.