A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Theron

Re: A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

A loyal soldier, transformed by the King's Magician into a being of incredible might in order to win a war, finds himself trapped in his blue, stony state when the Magician is killed in the climactic battle. Unable to revert to his natural state, unable to feel the touch of another human being or even to speak, he chooses exile into a world where he can still fight to protect the innocent and defeat those who would perpetrate injustice.

Thus came Cobalt into our world.

Hello, been off the board for awhile, came back and found this great Hero Maker! Been playing with the program a bit too much...

(intended as nothing more than a tribute)

For some reason, I can't get the thumbnail to show the full-size image. Pity, because I lurves me some JSA.

For some reason' date=' I can't get the thumbnail to show the full-size image. Pity, because I lurves me some JSA.[/quote']

If it's a bitmap, they never seem to display right.

Hello, been off the board for awhile, came back and found this great Hero Maker! Been playing with the program a bit too much...

(intended as nothing more than a tribute)

I'm out of rep for now, but here's a png version of the affected file. Somebody smack this guy with the rep stick for me, K?

Re: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Mini-G, You complete Me _ _ _ _

All of a sudden I have this vision of some guy dressed in an all back version of Galactus's armor' date=' acting all emo.... :nonp:[/quote']

yes, your version is better than my lame austen powers riff....

the space god Tenebrous, from Annihilation series, looks like kin to Galactus.

I'd love if it someone did him with the hero-criar...

When we started playing Champions we came from Fantasy RPGs and our characters showed it. They were basically superpowered fantasy characters. They were rebels from another planet etc. I took the time to create some images of them.

This is my character, Madstone, in his archer incarnation. I never really came up with a definite look for him, but I tried several vague ideas. I think I really like this, but it's subject to change upon a whim. I moved the bow around and shaped it a bit in Photoshop.

picture.php?albumid=92&pictureid=695

Re: Power Puff Coed - Bubbles & Buttercup

since no-one took up the mantle . . .

Very nice, but what's with the face paint? I guess they could be masks, but everyone already knows who they are.

I always seem to forget Bubbles. I remember them as Blossom, Buttercup and Old Spice! :joint:

When we started playing Champions we came from Fantasy RPGs and our characters showed it. They were basically superpowered fantasy characters. They were rebels from another planet etc. I took the time to create some images of them.

imperial

as are the other tagar rebels

Madstone looks great. What are his horns all about? Or are they just spikes in his hat/bandana?

The horns are real, an idea that I had been playing with previously but was never sure how to make it work. He's an alchemist, and his constant use of certain concoctions are developing 'demonic' physical traits. When I saw these horns I knew that's what I'd been looking for. I like the Blue Devil style horns, too, but in my mind those would develop further down the road. I also chose the less human looking eyes to round things out.

Tagar Rebels

Your campaign sounds really cool' date=' Legatus! :thumbup:[/quote']

Thank youhoo! For a while we were stuck in that 90s stuff with big guns and broad shoulders etc. But we put that aside after a short while and came back to our more fantasy orientated game (I always called it a game of fantastic super science!). We had a Baal vs. Dagon storyline (invading demon lords). And eventually the rulers of Tagar made it to Earth.

Today we're going to set the Wayback Machine for the summer of 1987 and the very first Champions campaign I GMed. I was home from my first year of college, and I got the old D&D group together to teach them this new game I had learned while I was away. Being at the height of the X-Men's success, everybody wanted to play mutants (except for me; I wanted to play a Jedi). So I taught them all the rules, let them borrow my books as necessary, and before long, we had a group of (mostly) mutant superheroes.

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce to you . . . Strike Force X!

Excalibur: The player couldn't decide whether he wanted to play a mutant, or the Black Knight from the Avengers. So he did both. Excalibur is a mutant with the ability to project electricity through any metal focus. He is also a direct descendant of the legendary King Arthur, and has the sword and scabbard to prove it. He's the acknowledged team leader.

Voltere: Also nicknamed 'Kiwi' (he's an aboriginal New Zealander). His mutation gives him control over electricity, allowing him to fly, throw lightning, create electromagnetic force fields, and the like.

Parthenon: The team brick, he has exceptional strength and resistance to injury. He's also extremely difficult to knock down or move. He weighs about three tons (most of the time).

Brainstorm: She has psionic abilities (couldn't have guessed that one from the name, eh?) including Telepathy, Mind Control, Ego Blast, and Mind Link. She was originally rather shy and timid, until somebody really hurt her...and she discovered she could hurt them back. Then she became quite a bit more aggressive.

The Wanderer: Not a mutant, but a lost military officer from somewhere in the Praed galaxy. Upon realizing that the world on which he found himself didn't have the level of technology necessary to get him home (and probably wouldn't achieve it in his lifetime), he decided to become a superhero.

The team also has two associate/reserve members, shown in the next post.

(Continued from the previous post.)

The second-stringers for Strike Force X include:

Icicle: Once a mutant supervillainess-for-hire, Icicle began to change her ways after meeting Strike Force X (and falling in love with Voltere). At Excalibur's request she turned herself in and went public with her crimes. After serving her sentence, she was paroled into the custody of Strike Force X and has become a valuable member of the team.

Mach-O: The occasional team speedster, he is fast, durable, and impressive in combat. He's also a self-centered, attention-seeking narcissist. His 'costume' consists of mirrored shades, white running shoes, and a speedo with the team insignia. Perhaps not surprisingly, the rest of the team doesn't call for his help very often....

(Continued from the previous post.)

The second-stringers for Strike Force X include:

... Mach-O: The occasional team speedster, he is fast, durable, and impressive in combat. He's also a self-centered, attention-seeking narcissist. His 'costume' consists of mirrored shades, white running shoes, and a speedo with the team insignia. Perhaps not surprisingly, the rest of the team doesn't call for his help very often....

That is more than just a little disturbing. :nonp: