A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Theron

Re: A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Hey everyone, I am new here and just actually found this site a few minutes ago. I enjoy creating characters on the hero-o-matic generator. I haven't found to many places to share them. So hopefully I can put them on here. Feel free to use any of them. First are some villian that I created. i have a supervilian group called the Legion of Destruction. These are some of the members.

SpeedTrap: Has superhuman speed.

Turbulance: Has the ability to control the wind.

Rampage: Has superhuman strength and his skin is super tough and is invunerable to some types of attacks.

Hello all,

I'm trying to get the characters made for an upcoming Fantasy Hero HeroCentral campaign and one of the players sent me this description:

Braylen is heavyset. He's fairly light on his feet, even though his frame is weighted with fat. A round face and pudgy cheeks are often shiny with sweat and his unruly bronw hair plastered to his forehead. He does what he can to cleanse and tries to douse his moderately fashionable clothing with lavender to remain fresh.

Unfortunately none of the templates really work for this and I was wondering if there was anyone with mad l33t editing skillz that could make this pudgy guy DCA Style?

Back to character from my own campaign. Here is a group of South American villains called Evil Brood.

Darius: the leader, master of molecules, from Peru (but of Polish ancestry)

Prokyon: duplicator, former VIPER agent, from Argentina

Dangerseeker: forcefield-protected martial artist, from Bolivia

Bonebreaker: mutant brick, from Bolivia (created using the marvel-machine mentioned elsewhere in this thread)

Evil Brood II:

Excessive: young villainess with bio-energetic powers, from Uruguay

Fencer: a mentalist with a psi-blade, aka Rapier, from Ecuador

Marlin: mutant swimmer with energy powers, from Colombia

Tiburon: mutant brick, good swimmer, aka Shark, from Colombia

It seems that I can't load the thing properly anymore, but I still have a bunch of pics I haven't shared yet.

I made some people in uniform for a science fiction game. I'll post the ones I haven't modified, so you can customize them as you see fit.

More to come later.

Here are some more sci-fi military personnel. Ignore the names; they come from my FASA Star Trek game, and I plan to rework the characters for my hard sci-fi game (much like the way Ronald D. Moore revamped the Battlestar Galactica series).

Unfortunately none of the templates really work for this and I was wondering if there was anyone with mad l33t editing skillz that could make this pudgy guy DCA Style?

what armor ?

what clothes?

what weapon?

what archetype (fighter, druid, etc)

Race?

Color?

Creed?

BaronBlood.pngBlackout.pngChairmanMiao.png

Baron Blood:

Baron Blood was a German scientist attempting to create a super-soldier formula based on vampire blood. Realizing how powerful his test subjects might become, the Baron tried the formula on himself, to ensure he would be at least as powerful as those he experimented on. The formula was successful and the Baron was transformed into a living vampire! When he realized how powerful he had become, he decided to destroy the formula to prevent this power from benefiting anyone but himself.

When the Third Reich invaded Poland, Baron Blood offered his services to der Fuhrer, who assigned him to America to sabotage any attempt to supply England with necessary war matériel.

As a living vampire, Baron Blood has many of the traditional powers of a vampire, and some of the disadvantages. For instance, he may turn into a mist, allowing him to enter a door through the keyhole, but he is vulnerable to sunlight (it burns him like fire).

Blackout:

Rose Hayrick was an up-and-coming starlet contracted to a major studio. When another actress beat her out for a prized part in a new motion picture, Rose was disappointed and somewhat angry. The director had promised that part to her. Then, when she discovered that the same actress had slept with the producer to cheat her out of yet another part, something snapped. Rose planned her revenge carefully. The other actress would be killed when she went to switch the radio on in her dressing room. Rose had run a hot wire to the knob of the radio. Rose was hidden nearby so she could watch her revenge unfold. The actress turned the knob and... nothing happened!

When the actress left the room, Rose checked to see what had gone wrong and accidentally touched the hot wire. The lights dimmed, then went out, but instead of being electrocuted, Rose found herself feeling exhilarated. The more electricity she absorbed, the better she felt. Just then a stage-hand entered the room, startling Rose. She turned, and with a gesture, an arc of high voltage leapt from her fingertips to the stagehand, killing him instantly. Rose was appalled, but before she could call for help, she realized she now had the power to exact her revenge and finally get everything she deserved. She patiently waited for the actress' return and killed her just as easily as she had the stagehand. She then set fire to the dressing room and made her escape.

Blackout is able to absorb electricity from nearby power lines. This can cause temporary power outages. Rose is somehow able to store this electricity and discharge it as a deadly electrical blast. She has also learned how to create an electromagnetic shield about herself that can protect her from physical and energy damage. Rose Hayrick is no more. With her newfound powers, Blackout plans to get the better things in life, and she doesn't care who gets hurt along the way.

Chairman Miao:

Chairman Miao is a Chinese refugee allied with the Communist faction in China. He has been sent to America by Comrade Mao to show the Americans that Chiang Kai Shek isn't the only force in China opposed to Japanese Imperialism. While Chairman Miao is ostensibly an ally to the American Heroes, he also has the secondary duty of observing the American Supers and reporting their weaknesses and vulnerabilities back to the communists. His primary loyalty is to China first, then Communism in General.

Chairman Miao has had extensive training in Kung-Fu and is a world-class practitioner capable of going toe-to-toe with opponents far more powerful than normal humans. The holster on his belt does not hold a pistol, but a special device for throwing and securing a climbing or swing line.

FlyingSquirrel.pngMartianMasterMind.pngMarvinTheMartian.png

Flying Squirrel:

Brian Pennington Throckmorton IV was just a member of the idle rich until the war in Europe started in 1939. In 1940, reports of Axis spy rings operating in the U.S. galvanized James to "do something patriotic". Using his vast fortune and access to cutting-edge technology, he decided to fight crime as a superhero. Unfortunately it was at this point that things began to go pear-shaped. Gazing out an open window, James failed to see the flying squirrel headed his way until it landed on his face. Squealing like a schoolgirl, James batted forcefully but ineffectively at the squirrel on his head. The squirrel was, by this time, also panicked. Although the squirrel was able to keep dodging the blows aimed at it, James had no such advantage, and consequently gave himself the worst beating he's ever had. James finally knocked himself out when he tripped over an ottoman and fell against a table. The squirrel, wisely, left via the same window it had entered.

Hours later, James awoke. He had a splitting headache and was just about to ring for the butler, when he had an epiphany: "Criminals are a superstitious lot of cowards! Why, I'll just bet their afraid of mice and rats and... and... squirrels! Yes! Flying squirrels from out of the night's darkness, relentlessly gnawing at their evil victims! That's IT! I'll call myself the Flying Squirrel!"

True to his vow, the Flying Squirrel has been using his training and equipment to wage a one-man war on crime. That is, when he isn't distracted by good-looking women, bright lights, music, or anything shiny. Actually, Flying Squirrel is as effective a crime fighter as a prize-winning plot of begonias. He's more than just a loose cannon, since he not only fails to consider evidence that may be present, but frequently follows up leads he makes up on the spot. Despite this handicap, he is either fiendishly clever or incredibly lucky, as he has actually thwarted several criminals since he's begun operating in Campaign city.

Martian Mastermind:

The Martian Mastermind is one of the few Martians to escape the debacle at Grover's Mill, New Jersey. He now secretly plots to destroy Earth's superheroes so a subsequent invasion has a chance to succeed. He is aided in this endeavor by his diminutive assistant, Marvin.

Martian Mastermind possesses a genius-level intellect and is quite capable of creating advanced technology even with the resources available to him on “this backwards planet”. Although, like all Martians, the Mastermind is psychic, mentally controlling humans is something of a strain. He prefers to simply kidnap or kill the humans he wants replaced and substitutes an organic robot constructed to closely resemble the victim.

The Martian Mastermind's assistant Marvin is primarily a scientist and a scout. He is an expert at concealment and stealth, and wears a belt containing, among other things, a device for scanning and analyzing alien (earthly) life forms and a pistol-type device for stunning uncooperative earth creatures.

NaziThor.pngAgentMoto1.pngAgentMoto0.png

Nazi Thor:

Helmut Dunkelbraun had feared that his crippled leg would keep him from joining the Vril society, but his knowledge and scholarship of the Norse mythos were considered crucial to the task of amassing as much mystical might for the fatherland as possible before war was finally allowed to break out. Blond, blue-eyed, and tall, Helmut had already been rejected by the SS because he needed a cane. Bah! He'd show them all that he was as worthy as the rest to be called an Übermann.

Late in the spring of 1941, Helmut was on an expedition to the “repatriated” section of Poland. His research indicated there was a site sacred to the Norse god of thunder buried beneath a small hill in a remote stretch of countryside. At the days passed and the laborers carefully excavated the layers of dirt and debris above the site, Helmut began having strange dreams. In them, he was being offered a huge metal hammer. If he could grasp it, he would be made whole. Every night he reached for the hammer, only to awaken just as it was within his grasp. Finally, on the first day of June, the laborers began recovering artifacts. When they started to uncover what appeared to be a hammer, Helmut surprised them all by dropping his cane and scrambling to grasp the hammer's handle. There was a brilliant flash of light, and where a tall, frail, cripple had just been was now a tall, heavily muscled Aryan ideal dressed as a viking. He looked around at the underlings around him and announced: “Of all the folk who could have liberated my spirit, it was a lowly cripple who stepped forward and shamed you all. Helmut Dunklebraun is no more. Before you stands the mighty Thor!

Thor is one of the mightiest men on Earth. Since he merged with Helmut Dunkelbraun, he has adopted his idealistic adherence to Nazism. Der Fuhrer was delighted to learn that this powerful avatar of the Aryan ideal was a loyal Nazi, and was eager to see him demolish the enemies of the Reich. Unfortunately, it seems that due to the understanding Helmut had of the Norse mythos, Thor's power is severely limited when he ventures to lands that the German Reich does not exercise control.

Agent Moto::

Mr. I.A. Moto had been developing a good working relationship with western secret services when Japan signed the Tripartite Pact, allying Japan with Italy and Germany. He was recalled to Japan, given a cover as a newspaper reporter in San Diego, and given the assignment of reporting anything of military interest occurring in the western United States.

If war with the US came, Agent Moto was expected to use his disguise skills to blend into the local population, a feat few Japanese agents could be expected to emulate. He would be expected to perform sabotage, spy on the enemy, report troop movements, or any other activity which could advance the cause of the Emperor.

Agent Moto is a super-spy, able to disguise himself as a westerner, imitate dialects, and speaks at least seven languages. He is a master of martial arts, but also the hidden teachings of ninjutsu, able to hide in plain sight, walk on sand without leaving a mark, move silently, etc.

The two images of Agent Moto show how a silver-age or later comic might have portrayed him. The jaundiced fellow wearing glasses and with pointed ears is how he might have appeared in a golden-age comic.

RotcodDam.pngTheTerror.pngValkyrie.png

Rotcod Dam:

Rotcod Dam is “Mad Doctor” spelled backwards. He is one of America's greatest scientists gone bad. His incredible genius has been squandered on attempts to extort money from the government, hold cities hostage, acquire temporal power, etc. Fortunately, the US and it's neighbors have heroes up to the task of thwarting Rotcod Dam's plans.

Thus far, he has used giant robots to menace Washington D.C., a Death Ray to extort money from New York City, constructed an “indestructible” bullet-car for his henchmen to loot the Denver Mint, and half a dozen lesser schemes. Many of Rotcod Dam's engines of destruction have been dismantled and examined by “top men”, but most of the results of such research is highly classified. Rotcod Dam is currently serving seven consecutive life sentences in a secret, ultra-secure prison constructed especially to handle super-menaces such as himself.

The Terror:

The first supervillain to ever appear (in 1898), the Terror, now thought to be in his sixties, is still going strong. A mad genius with superb organizational skills, the Terror has actually succeeded in taking over his own country, Graffenstein, located in the Tyrolean alps.

Nestled between Italy, Switzerland and France, Graffenstein has been ruled with an iron hand since 1918. When not running Graffenstein, the Terror rides his mechanical crab-mobile around the world, seeking to strike terror into the hearts of men and, to quote the man himself: “Just for laughs!” The Terror once held the League of Nations hostage for 35 days, extorting some $2 million from the member nations. The league issued a severe reprimand to the government of Graffenstein, where it was used to help start a wood stove in the Presidential Palace.

The Valkyrie:

Janet Nordstrom was attending Bryn Mawr when she came into an inheritance from her distant maiden aunt from Germany. In addition to a rather large sum in a Swiss bank account, she also received a large steamer trunk filled with out-of-fashion clothing. One Halloween, she was rummaging through the trunk, looking for something to wear as a costume, when a secret compartment opened in the back of the trunk. Within was hidden a costume and what appeared to be a farmer's scythe.

She donned the outfit and, hefting the scythe, went out to make the rounds at a few parties. On her way, she was accosted by a drunken lout who began chasing her across the campus. The drunk soon cornered her and just as he made his final lunge for her, the scythe moved of its own accord, cutting a “hole” in the air, which the drunk fell through. Astonished, she dropped the scythe and ran back to her dormitory.

When she arrived at her room, the scythe was back in the secret compartment of the trunk, as if nothing had happened. That night she dreamed strange dreams of terror, vengeance and retribution. Her life began to change from that night on. By day, she was a débutante attending an exclusive college. By night, she began roaming the streets as the Valkyrie. Soon she was joined by a ghostly horse which transported her far and wide. The Valkyrie is whispered about across North America, and it's still unclear if she's a hero or a villain, but certain elements of society begin to disappear when the Valkyrie rides.