A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Theron

Re: A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Bump? Anyone? I can beg? I'm good at begging, I've been married twice!

Hello all,

I'm trying to get the characters made for an upcoming Fantasy Hero HeroCentral campaign and one of the players sent me this description:

Unfortunately none of the templates really work for this and I was wondering if there was anyone with mad l33t editing skillz that could make this pudgy guy DCA Style?

He's a human male, middle ages brittain style. no weapons or armor. he's a pudgy merchant that fancies himself a "faceman".

You can see similar character images HERE. He's in the Grey Crown mercenaries campaign.

Some more info:

Background

Braylen of Joracy stopped using his last name many years prior. No one ever recalled it anyway. All they recalled is what he did, if anything, and it was a stilted perception of it. Rob graves. From his point of view it was finding lost items. Long, long, lost items. The types of things so long told of that most didn't believe in them or the people affiliated with them. He hadn't always been in antiquities, though.

As a youth Braylen played the docks with his brethren. His father worked as porter or whatever odd job he could find and his mother a fishwife. It was hard work and there was little time for wee Braylen. Wee was improper though, Braylen had always been chubby. He had a knack for languages though and eventually knew most, if not all of the words the varied cultures of Joracy spoke. It might have lead to promise and promotion beyond that of a traveling merchant if not for his love of stories, especially those of long gone times.

Braylen with his charm and way with words found himself in the middle of deals. He would go there and get a load of what they needed over there and bring it to them with enough of a price increase to keep his purse weighty. But mere mercantilism was not his love. That was for the items of antiquity he finds himself ever chasing these days.

Appearance

Braylen is heavyset. He's fairly light on his feet, even though his frame is weighted with fat. A round face and pudgy cheeks are often shiny with sweat and his unruly brown hair plastered to his forehead. He does what he can to cleanse and tries to douse his moderately fashionable clothing with lavender to remain fresh.

Personality & Motivation

His motivation as it has been since a youth is the thrill of the hunt. His quarry though are the things of the storied past. Books, spears, amulets, pieces of armor are all his prey. If they've a story behind them, Braylen will seek them out and bring them to light, often to the highest bidder. It isn't the reward that drives him though, it is the seeking.

He is jovial and witty, if not a bit biting with his repartee. He seems to guess at the best way to go about things and has become fairly successful with whatever he puts his mind to.

Hello all,

I'm trying to get the characters made for an upcoming Fantasy Hero HeroCentral campaign and one of the players sent me this description:

Unfortunately none of the templates really work for this and I was wondering if there was anyone with mad l33t editing skillz that could make this pudgy guy DCA Style?

On the 55 pages of this thread I have not seen a single post where someone was trying something like that. Yesterday I was trying some effects of photoshop on my pics. It did not really convince me to go on with it, but I'm willing to give it another try. It would be helpful, if you posted your merchant using the athlete template, so we had something to start from. Let's say it's his alter ego from another reality, where kept in shape.

Okay, so a while back I created (and posted) a picture of one of my characters, Morningstar of the New Champions. Then, on a lark, I created pics of two of her teammates, Terminal Velocity & Jepoardy.

So at gamin the other night, the group apparently decided they needed a complete set. So here's the rest of the New Champions: Blindside, Deadboy, and Defender II.

Hello all,

Braylen is heavyset. He's fairly light on his feet, even though his frame is weighted with fat. A round face and pudgy cheeks are often shiny with sweat and his unruly bronw hair plastered to his forehead. He does what he can to cleanse and tries to douse his moderately fashionable clothing with lavender to remain fresh.

On the 55 pages of this thread I have not seen a single post where someone was trying something like that. Yesterday I was trying some effects of photoshop on my pics. It did not really convince me to go on with it' date=' but I'm willing to give it another try. It would be helpful, if you posted your merchant using the athlete template, so we had something to start from. Let's say it's his alter ego from another reality, where kept in shape.[/quote']

Personally, I'd be more inclined to use Hero Machine for Fantasy characters in general. There are many, many more options suited to that style. Hero Machine has a couple of templates (short & stout, bulky) that might work for this character description. Of course, if you've already got a lot of characters made with Hero-O-Matic, he's going to look completely different, but you might get him closer to what you were looking for.

Just my $ .02, YMMV, etc.

On the 55 pages of this thread I have not seen a single post where someone was trying something like that. Yesterday I was trying some effects of photoshop on my pics. It did not really convince me to go on with it' date=' but I'm willing to give it another try. It would be helpful, if you posted your merchant using the athlete template, so we had something to start from. Let's say it's his alter ego from another reality, where kept in shape.[/quote']

I'll make a go of it today. Thanks.

I do have this Brute version that I tried. Will that help?

Mayapuppies' date=' how about this one for a start?[/quote']

Very nice, but way too much facial hair/sideburns and the colors are far brighter than are available in game...at least to his financial situation. :)

The Braylen I posted is near perfect except for the quasimodo look to him. The player is looking for something like the original but more pudgy than mutie. :D

Before I start with Braylen: The Order of the Sword is a group of fighters against the supernatural and the demonic.

Warrior Lord: commanding officer; from the USA

Royal Guardian: his face hidden beneath a black mask; from the UK

Shogun: trained samurai; from the Netherlands

Very nice, but way too much facial hair/sideburns and the colors are far brighter than are available in game...at least to his financial situation. :)

The Braylen I posted is near perfect except for the quasimodo look to him. The player is looking for something like the original but more pudgy than mutie. :D

I tried it with the super template. Here are my versions as I developed the character.