A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Theron

Re: A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

That is more than just a little disturbing. :nonp:

David, the guy who played Mach-O, regularly wore Hawaiian shirts, floral-print Bermuda shorts, and floral-print running tights (that all clashed) to school, if that gives you any idea. I have a picture of him clad in such an outfit from the front page of the local newspaper. (I'm also in the pic; we were both on the school's Knowledge Bowl team.) And in the Classified Ads from that same issue, there's one that reads "David's mother doesn't dress him funny. He does it all by himself." :eek:

Today we're going to set the Wayback Machine for the summer of 1987 and the very first Champions campaign I GMed. I was home from my first year of college, and I got the old D&D group together to teach them this new game I had learned while I was away. Being at the height of the X-Men's success, everybody wanted to play mutants (except for me; I wanted to play a Jedi). So I taught them all the rules, let them borrow my books as necessary, and before long, we had a group of (mostly) mutant superheroes.

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce to you . . . Strike Force X!

Excalibur: The player couldn't decide whether he wanted to play a mutant, or the Black Knight from the Avengers. So he did both. Excalibur is a mutant with the ability to project electricity through any metal focus. He is also a direct descendant of the legendary King Arthur, and has the sword and scabbard to prove it. He's the acknowledged team leader.

Voltere: Also nicknamed 'Kiwi' (he's an aboriginal New Zealander). His mutation gives him control over electricity, allowing him to fly, throw lightning, create electromagnetic force fields, and the like.

Parthenon: The team brick, he has exceptional strength and resistance to injury. He's also extremely difficult to knock down or move. He weighs about three tons (most of the time).

Brainstorm: She has psionic abilities (couldn't have guessed that one from the name, eh?) including Telepathy, Mind Control, Ego Blast, and Mind Link. She was originally rather shy and timid, until somebody really hurt her...and she discovered she could hurt them back. Then she became quite a bit more aggressive.

The Wanderer: Not a mutant, but a lost military officer from somewhere in the Praed galaxy. Upon realizing that the world on which he found himself didn't have the level of technology necessary to get him home (and probably wouldn't achieve it in his lifetime), he decided to become a superhero.

The team also has two associate/reserve members, shown in the next post.

i take it the wanderer was the jedi style hero you wanted to play

i take it the wanderer was the jedi style hero you wanted to play

Quite correct, Mr. Smith. He we never quite what I wanted, but hey, half a Jedi is better than no Jedi at all. :thumbup:

dang dude. :thumbup:

PoisonOak.png

Since SSgtBaloo didn't give her fangs, I'm assuming her bark is worse than her bite....?

Two more heroes to wrap things up tonight, both played once upon a time by members of our gaming group that have since moved on to other interests:

Black Nova and Fire Raven.

i take it fraven means fireraven?

very good

Thank you! and yes, 'FRaven' is short for Fire Raven. The FH at the end means that I made her using Fábrica de Heróis (as opposed to the last two letters being HM, which would indicate that I used Hero Machine). It's how I keep track of them on my hard drive.

And yes, I know it's okay to use file names longer than 8 characters now. I'm still rooted in DOS, I guess. I'm old school that way. :winkgrin:

Quiet, you. :tonguewav

She's an Astronomy professor with the mutant ability to grow to more than 20 meters in height, leap vast distances, and lift more than 200 tonnes!

He's her Theoretical Physicist husband who, after being exposed to strange radiation, found that he could shrink to a few centimeters tall, fly quickly through the air, and blast holes in solid steel!

Together, They Fight Crime!

Presenting Red Giant and Quark (not shown to scale).

This is Robard de Suidon, a French crusader and one of the first mutants on Earth. He did not spend all his life on this planet. He has gone were no man has gone before and he has fought in many interstellar wars. It is not known, whether he lived that long, travelled in time or spent centuries in cryogenic animation. For a man born in 1178 he looks quite young. And he is about eight feet tall.

Captaiiin Plaaaanet! (Well, not quite).

Here's my parodic version of Captain Planet and the Planeteers. I do not intend this to be a mockery of someone's cherished childhood memory, but what the hell, it WAS some pretty preachy stuff, and the badguys seemed more interested in destroying the planet than making sustainable profits.

I hereby present Captain Treehugger and the Treesquad: Hothead, Windy, Loam, Dampira, and Emo.

CaptainTreeHugger.pngHotHead.pngWindy.pngLoam.pngDampira.pngEmo.png

Re: Captaiiin Plaaaanet! (Well, not quite).

Here's my parodic version of Captain Planet and the Planeteers. I do not intend this to be a mockery of someone's cherished childhood memory, but what the hell, it WAS some pretty preachy stuff, and the badguys seemed more interested in destroying the planet than making sustainable profits.

I hereby present Captain Treehugger and the Treesquad: Hothead, Windy, Loam, Dampira, and Emo.

:rofl:

:hail:

Re: Captaiiin Plaaaanet! (Well, not quite).

CaptainTreeHugger.pngHotHead.pngWindy.pngLoam.pngDampira.pngEmo.png

what else can i say ssgt the power is yours