A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Theron

Re: A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

How the hell are you guys able to do these? Every time I try I'm stymied by the language barrier.

Let me just reinforce what the others have said. I started out with the trial and error method too, but after a while, it became a lot easier. You get to the point where you just know, "Okay, this word means pants, that button on the right does the mouth, etc." It'll come with time and practice, and before long, you won't be able to tear yourself away. Look at me, for instance....

Of course, I did have some Spanish, too, but that was over 20 years ago. :eek:

Okay, two more pics today. These are pics of a character I wish I got to play more often: Onyx, Sentinel of the Stones!

Onyx has the ability to project stones at his target for a number of different effects. That's right, his superpower is throwing rocks.

If he gets into a really tough fight, he has one other really helpful ability: he can turn his entire body to stone. This makes him a formidable hand-to-hand fighter, with exceptional strength and defenses.

The pictures below show him in his normal human form and in his stone form, respectively.

If you're interested, you can look at his write-up on our gaming group's wiki.

I am currently in a re-read of Champions of the North (4E). Basically I was searching for interesting characters to change and play around with. And I just realized how well suited a lot of characters from the book are to be presented in Animated style. Here are the heroines from the Sentinels :

I am currently in a re-read of Champions of the North (4E). Basically I was searching for interesting characters to change and play around with. And I just realized how well suited a lot of characters from the book are to be presented in Animated style. Here are the heroines from the Sentinels :

And here are Ambrosia and her villainous twin sister Aura.

How the hell are you guys able to do these? Every time I try I'm stymied by the language barrier.

You're building outward, so the first tab is skin coloration and physical features (tail, horns, animal head, etc.) The second tab is spandexy-tight clothing, the third is bulky stuff and ornaments IIRC. You are always building outward so if there are multiple options for one feature you can overlay the features (my guy's football helmet is actually two items, a half-helmet and a seperate chinguard.) You have to get in the habit of coloring in selections as you go because it is a PITA to go back and color features in later.

I think Rosetta Stone is missing out on a killer idea. Make a sweet game in whatever language the customer wants to learn and they will if they want to play badly enough.

Maye we opened it up since. I don't recall. :)

IIRC, it's password protected to edit, but available to anyone to browse.

The wiki I keep the Invasion villains on, on the other hand, cannot be viewed by anyone but yours truly. :sneaky:

I finally got the program to work again; my connection has been really slow lately. Anyway, here are a couple of pictures:

The first is a an officer of an interplanetary or interstellar police force.

The second is my interpretation of Fritz Leiber's Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser.

Ok' date=' another question. How do you save the damned image once you've created it?[/quote']

Yeah, screen shot is the only way. I hit 'Print Screen' and paste the image into MS Paint. (You can use any graphics program, really. MS Paint just happens to be what I have.) From there, just crop, edit, and save the image as you like.

Oh, and a lesson I learned from everyone earlier in this thread: If possible, save your image in .PNG format. If you save it as a .GIF or a .JPEG, the image won't look right. I found that JPEGs turned out blotchy.