Superpet concept on the drawingboard: "Fluffy"

Wormhole

The Concept: Fluffy is intended to be the team's pet/mascot/secret weapon. It's an alien animal that exists in two forms: the first begin its cute, cuddly form (from which it got its name); and the other its monster form, which will be so big and fearsome it will scare the hell out of all but the team's most fearless enemies.

I already have a pretty good idea what I'll be doing nuts-and-bolts-wise: Multiform with the Reversion limitation since the critter automatically changes back to it's cute form when its knocked out, the cute form having a high Seduction skill roll defined as "conquering with cuteness", and the monster form being build on slightly more points than a starting PC (about 400-points) and armed with high STR, decent DEX stat for agility, extra PRE for intimidation Presence Attacks defined as a roar, and HKA(s) for fangs and claws. The real question is what should Fluffy look like in its two different forms?

Re: Superpet concept on the drawingboard: "Fluffy"

It's a vorpal bunny! Run away!

I thought we had one of those on this board already... :bmk:

Okay, back to the subject at hand. Here's my recommendation:

Cute form: Puppy

Scary from: Three-headed dire wolf

(Yes, the Harry Potter thing influenced me, I'll admit.)

I automatically got a picture in my mind of Stitch from "Lilo and Stitch". Sort of a teddybear looking cuddly thing with a cute but limited intelligence and personality.

The transformation would take the cute scale to the opposite end of the ugly spectrum where he's a grotesque mish mash of fur and scales, slime and fangs. Oddly enough this creature retains it's relatively cute personality when in this form and when it's not being rabidly protective of the team.

Aww, I love Stitch. :o

It's an alien, so there's no reason to make it anything like Terran animals... but they make good jumping-off points of reference. Start with the Conquering with Cuteness form: Probably not too many pairs of legs, nor serpentine, nor insect- or spider-thin legs. Almost gotta be (pseudo-)mammalian, or close enough to be mistaken for one, cuz most humans are weird that way. Probably warm-blooded, lots of soft fur, and big, BIG eyes. Purring, and/or soft mewing or mip-mip or burbling sounds... anything that reminds humans of a happy human baby really. Very tactile, likes to be touched/petted.

The monster form you can go nuts with; draconic cthulhoid xenomorphic grub-spider-squid rotting cadavers... Slimy, tentacles, insectile or reptilian at the very least; jerky movements, extremely touchy reactions, harsh/eerie voice or noises its body parts make... You know the drill.

The run of Marve... errr... Miracle Man had a cute puppy which turned into a slavering beast from hell at hearing the word 'Steppenwolf' as I recall. But I'd go with Beast's suggestion. A sort of gaming Tasmanian Devil.

any cute looking animal will do

but all you see is a whirlwind of claws,fangs,fire,lightning and explosions and an obvious trail of death and destruction

The run of Marve... errr... Miracle Man had a cute puppy which turned into a slavering beast from hell at hearing the word 'Steppenwolf' as I recall. But I'd go with Beast's suggestion. A sort of gaming Tasmanian Devil.

The late-1960's Hannah-Barbera cartoon series Arabian Knights had just this sort of creature. "Zazoom" was a small, cute-as-a-button donkey with a mild temperament... unless you pulled his tail. This would start him berserkly kicking up his heels and braying, and in a couple of seconds he'd become a literal whirlwind, with little bolts of lightning and flying hooves showing through, hurtling about randomly and pulverizing anything he came in contact with.

The late-1960's Hannah-Barbera cartoon series Arabian Knights had just this sort of creature. "Zazoom" was a small' date=' cute-as-a-button donkey with a mild temperament... unless you pulled his tail. This would start him berserkly kicking up his heels and braying, and in a couple of seconds he'd become a literal whirlwind, with little bolts of lightning and flying hooves showing through, hurtling about randomly and pulverizing anything he came in contact with.[/quote']

as prince turhan once put it "how could we forget you oh mighty zazoom"?