I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

SSgt Baloo

I was in a modern-day dungeon crawl. I walked by a room with a glass door. The door slid open and a vampire rushed out! I dodged and ran into the room. The door closed, keeping me safe, but the vampire just outside, hissing at me. I knew I had to get out somehow. I suddenly remembered I had a "Philter of Sunlight" with me. That would scare or maybe even kill the vampire. I held up the fllask, and bright light filled the room. The vamire screamed in fear and retreated. I left the room. The vampire had retreated to a hallway behind another glass door, but he was still trying to get me. If I could splash the potion on the vampire, he would die. I threw the potion; it bounced off the vamire's chest and fell on the floor. The flask didn't break, and the vampire picked it up, taunting me. I had only one trick left. I pulled out some holy symbol, which would hurt but not kill the vampire. While the vampire hesitated, I broke the flask containing the Philter of Sunlight with a kick. The liquid hit the vampire, and it screamed in pain. He was dying, but death would not come immediately, and he could still kill me before expiring. I prepared to defend myself....

• 1 month later...

Last night I dreamt I had a pet swan. I was concerned because I didn't live anywhere near the water, and swans are aquatic birds. It also had grown attached to a tiny black puppy which I also owned in the dream, while it neglected its chick.

Suddenly my house turned into a building near a marina. I would have let the swans out into the water, but I saw an eagle just outside. I decided to wait until the eagle had flown away before releasing the swans.

The really weird part happened today at work. I was going over a passage with a student. The passage included a fact about (you guessed it) swans.

On January 11, 2019 at 2:47 PM, Badger said:

Well, in my dream last night, asking a girl out on a date,  I was rejected in favor of a dwarven Neanderthal.  :weep:

For me, it was just derisive laughter.  No words, no explanation, just derisive laughter.  The scene ended before anything more played out.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe I never posted this one. I had this dream a few years ago.

I inherited a house which led to a special room. The door frame leading to the room had strange symbols carved on it. Inside the room was a computer with screens covering the entire wall. The computer was able to detect any crime in the world when it was happening.

I went outside the house to get a breath of fresh air. I saw something in the sky coming my direction. I first thought it was an airship, but it was too fast and too small. Then I thought it was a small plane, but it was still too small. As it passed me, I saw the vehicle was a flying motorcycle. It was like the speeders in Return of the Jedi, except it looked more like a Harley and it was flying  highin the sky. I could see the rider, dressed a little like a World War 2 fighter pilot.

I wondered how I could contact him. Between his bike and my computer, we could get some serious crimefighting done.

I was watching a cartoon where everyone seemed to have a reddish skin complexion. One of the characters, a bald man, said he had heard of a race on the third planet. I realized the show was set in Barsoom. There were at least three people in the group, including a woman with Caucasian skin and black hair in a ponytail. She was wearing a white dress, similar to Princess Leia's dress in the original Star Wars movie.

Anyway, the group was trying to get into a pyramid. The woman figured out a way to get inside, but the group had to fight a creature that could have come from a Lovecraft story.

Maybe I can write up an adventure based on this dream.

10 hours ago, tkdguy said:

I was watching a cartoon where everyone seemed to have a reddish skin complexion. One of the characters, a bald man, said he had heard of a race on the third planet. I realized the show was set in Barsoom. There were at least three people in the group, including a woman with Caucasian skin and black hair in a ponytail. She was wearing a white dress, similar to Princess Leia's dress in the original Star Wars movie.

Anyway, the group was trying to get into a pyramid. The woman figured out a way to get inside, but the group had to fight a creature that could have come from a Lovecraft story.

Maybe I can write up an adventure based on this dream.

couldn't have been Barsoom, even if she was wearing the Leia metal bikini she would've been overdressed. :P

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 5:47 PM, Badger said:

Well, in my dream last night, asking a girl out on a date,  I was rejected in favor of a dwarven Neanderthal.  :weep:

Ironically, since that dream I have successfully got a date with a petite red-haired bartender in 2 separate dreams.  

Of course, my in-dream success at getting dates overall is still fairly low. :no:

• 1 month later...

I was a soldier and my troops were on a hillside when we were ambushed. We had the high ground, but the enemy had some laser cannon that pinned us down. I somehow was able to get down and distract the enemy enough for my side to launch a missile at the laser cannon. The missile strike disabled the laser, and the enemy troops retreated. For some reason, the cannon was still in one piece, although it could no longer fire. I decided to bring it to the general and convince him to let our R&D staff study and copy the design.

"Some of the AIs are killing the others in the VR space on deck 9.  We need to delete them!"

"We can't just delete them, AIs are guaranteed due process by the Asimov Acts."

"Yeah, and the others are supposed to be protected from harm by those same Acts."

"Okay, you're right.  We'll have to go in there and deal with it in person."

"You want to deal with a murderous AI in person?  On its VR turf?"

"Look, what do you want me to do?"

"Hey guys, I hate to interrupt, but we have an alien battleship decloaking immediately to starboard. ...They're hailing."

"Put it through. ...God they're ugly."

"We are responding to the psychic distress calls emanating from your AI passengers.  You are in violation of the AI Protection Accords.  Heave to and prepare to be boarded."

"Now what?"

I had a work dream again where Joe and I drove out to his house which was this huge mansion. Joe was worried about not being able to work and I told him I would give him one of my days. 

Joe isn't rich and doesn't want to work any more days than he does.

Then there was a fragment with John Travolta and Christian Slater talking about something on a street. I don't remember the specifics. They were wearing black clothes with red suit jackets. Then they were swimming in the middle of a swarm of sharks. I don't remember any transition. One minute they are walking down the night street, the next  swimming in broad daylight in the ocean with sharks.

I think that came from Broken Arrow and an ad for Into the Blue with Jessica Alba.

There was a third fragment but I forgot what it was.

CES

• 2 weeks later...

Swimming back across the harbor I realized I was being shadowed by a large great white shark that was swimming directly beneath me.  Fortunately it left me alone until I could reach the other side and haul myself out of the water.  It kept following me as I walked along the drainage canal behind some houses, but then it abruptly turned.  Wondering why it had done so, I went back after it.  Turns out a whale carcass had floated up from the harbor against the canal entrance, blocking it.  The shark began to feed, joining a truly massive shark the size of a car that was already there.  A couple of scuba divers were playing around on the carcass, laughing as the sharks fed on it.  One of the divers fell into the carcass through a rent in the blubber, and he laughed at how gross it was.  Then the giant shark bit down about where his legs were and he stopped laughing.  Instead he said "Ow," and tried to leglessly swim away, but the giant shark wolfed him down with another bite or two.

Stayed awake for a while after this one.

I sometimes have dreams about watching strange constellations that don't exist in the real world. I haven't had one in a while until last night.

I had this telescope that seemed to come in a pair of tubes. However, you could use them one at a time. I was setting up the telescope with a woman. I told her I haven't gone stargazing in a while. I saw a constellation I hadn't observed to often, so I picked a spot with a lot of stars and looked through the telescope.

The stars I saw through the lens made an outline of a menacing face. Although there didn't seem to be a snake motif, I decided this was supposed to be Medusa.

The dream ended like that, but that's not the end of the story.

Of course, I looked up Medusa on my phone, while I waiting for the train. Before work, I made a side trip to buy my monthly train pass. On the way back, I noticed a salon with this logo:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYaAJc3W9quvl-K4k8phe

7 hours ago, Badger said:

don't know what dream, but I got to wake up today to a truck (or low-flying plane, I still don't know which) going by shaking the damn room.  Nearly gave me a damn heart attack.  

That happens to me a lot, since I live near the airport. I have gotten used to it, but that first time was an experience, especially since it was coupled with the smell of a skunk marking its territory.

7 hours ago, Old Man said:

Few months ago I woke up to a BMW crashing into a telephone pole thirty feet from my bedroom.  A rather rude awakening, and then I had to stay up to call the police and then the electric company.  Much work did not get done that day.

At least you and your family were in no danger. Was the driver okay?