I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

SSgt Baloo

On that note:

I think I must be a Blood Knight in dream world, because my best dreams seem to be fighting.   Probably residual from my high school days, maybe.

Speaking of, I tend to have a lot of dreams (may have mentioned before, too lazy to re-read)  I have a lot of dreams where it is found out I was a credit short for passing high school, and have to go back.  Only my age is what it is now.  Kind of weird being a high school student in middle age.  And you'd think getting through college would count for something.

Last night's weird dream: I was riding Trax (public transport light rail) through a huge, unfamiliar parking structure. I was trying to figure out where my stop was, all the while listening to a podcast of NPR's Audie Cornish talking about controversies surrounding the upcoming NCAA men's basketball tournament.

Had a doozy last night, a pretty extensive sci-fi narrative about being on an interstellar ship captained by gruff-but-heroic Idris Elba and trying to purge a big docking bay/airlock from all these nasty little jellyfish-like alien creatures while traveling to a meetup with some more advanced species. If I could remember the events well enough I'd pitch it to a studio.

My mind is trying to create the devil's menagerie this week.  2 dreams so far with monsters.

1) Evidently, I was leaving work one night.  Encountered a teenage girl and 2 young siblings running from something.  What was chasing them evidently some kind of living shadow got to me.  It apparently wasn't satisfied with invisibility to sight.  It has some kind of sonic attack it would use (got a sense it used partly from a sadistic nature) that would disorient its prey when near, so it couldn't know which direction was which or where the attack was coming from.  It then put me in some kind of trance just before right when it was going to attack ( I was seeing the Vger background from ST when the Klingons were attacking for whatever reason in the trance.) Anyway right before it attacked, I got grabbed by the teenager, and at least temporarily saved.  Luckily, while running for it, we encountered some gang.  And the monster decided to go after them first.  The first one was seemingly levitated, and then rapidly "shot" by "sonic bullets" until their bodies seemed somewhat pulverized by devoured in shadow.  (which would have been me, if I was saved a fraction of a second later).  By the time, it started on the 2nd one, we ran for it. Hid amongst some big rocks, where seemingly it couldn't find us with sonics until sunrise. In the dream, it was learned it was a demon summoned by a witch of some sort.

2) Went hunting with a dog,  encountered something glowing behind the remains of some brick building in the woods.  An 8-ft red gorilla, and it was radiating heat/fire  (think Balrog*, in the LOTR movie a few years ago).  It attacked, I got some burns on my chest, the dog was burned worse, but we escaped.   Evidently, in the next couple of days, the National Guard was called out. Although hunting had been forbidden until it was found.  I was p!ssed over the dog's injuries.  So, feeling well enough (maybe determined enough) I set out to track it down.  This put me at odds when encountering a squad of 6-7 of the Guard.  But, the thing attacked,  had a perfect shot through the scope at the skull.  But, it seemed to bounce off like the "char" it had created was some kind of suit of armor.  So, we all ran for it.  And everytime looking back, due to it being mad, it was setting everything afire within a radius.  (woke up)

So, Sonic Shadow Demon and the Hell-Gorilla.

*Maybe, I should have tried "you shall not pass"

• 2 weeks later...

Let's see:

• Running around a darkened warehouse, naked, trying to catch the bad guys in the act without being found myself.
  • Recreating the fatal crash of an extremely odd prototype aircraft design.
  • Escaping the riots by pretending to be a teenager and jumping on a bus headed to summer camp.  The camp turned out to be a cult indoctrination.

For some reason, a flame started in the ocean and reached the shore. For an equally unknown reason, the fog limited the flame to moving in a straight line. Good, I thought, that will limit the amount of damage the fire can cause. Except now all the stalls in the beach that were filled with fruit or clothes had caught fire.It was only a matter of time before the beach houses nearby would burn down. I knew I had to act quickly, since I seemed to be the only person there. I went to a faucet and filled a small cup with water. I couldn't find anything bigger, and I was wondering why nobody had brought a pail to the beach. My tactic was to douse the fire along the sand where the flames traveled in straight lines to adjoining stalls. My strategy and the little amount of water I carried proved to be very effective. Somehow that little cup of water was enough to quench the flames each time I emptied the cup. Soon I had the fire under control. On one stall I noticed a stalactite of ice hanging. I figured I could use it to fight the fire. There may have been someone inside the stalactite, even though the ice was no more than 3 feet long. Eventually I had quenched the fire completely, and people (mostly old folk) came back to the beach.

I was playing a board game with my friends. Our characters had three actions: movement, construction, and research. We used tokens to show the end of our turns. The weird part? Our characters were supposed to be demons. I remember thinking to myself, "I'm going to have nightmares tonight!"

Two nights ago:

An older woman who worked at the train station told me she has fallen in love with me. I didn't feel the same way about her, so I was trying to let her down gently. That evening, I was in a car with family members when I reached for my phone. But the phone wasn't mine, and I couldn't figure out how I ended up with it. I thought it belonged to the woman and decided I would drop it off at her work.

The next day I was at some unknown place, and I still hadn't dropped off the phone. There were buildings, but there was a small hill that led to a grassy area. Someone was being arrested. The man was staring at me from the back of the squad car, and I was trying to ignore him. I went up the hill and sat on the grass, reaching for my phone. But I had another phone that wasn't mine! I wondered how I ended up with all these phones. Then one of the cops yelled at me to get down from the hill since I wasn't allowed up there. I went down a path that turned quite rocky, wondering if I was going to get arrested.

Then I woke up for a bit and fell asleep again. This time I was in my office. One of my colleagues was in the bathroom, and I decided to prank him by hiding under my desk. After he came back, we had a discussion about using D&D for a Middle-earth campaign. Then I woke up again remembering an old miniature I own but haven't used in a long time. I spent several minutes wondering how I would have used D&D for a Middle-earth game when I was young.

Last night:

I seemed to part of a superhero group. My uniform was mainly a black hoodie over a black T-shirt. My group performed a few public services,  but we mostly hung around a very large office. I didn't like a young woman who had been made team leader, so I ignored her for the most part. While she was away, I was talking to some other teammates. Someone mentioned a sardonic slow clap, and I said that's what I did before I took people's souls. I explained that I am Death, and I let out a sinister, maniacal laugh. I really wasn't the badass I claimed to be; I was just messing with my teammates' heads. I went to the bathroom and washed my hands. My hands were full of soap when I noticed the sink was backed up. So I washed my hands at a large tub filled with waters. There there was a dead demon that there as a sample. I contaminated the sample by washing off the soap there, so I knew I'd get in trouble. My teammates changed the water to purify the sample. I don't know what they did with the demon's body, but one of the group had to lie in the tub while it was being filled. I stepped out for a while. When I came back, there was a huge headless fish stretched across the tub. Its tail started moving. It turns out we had some sort of technological device that let us reanimate dead things. One of my teammates remarked how wonderful the technology was while the headless fish stood up and danced.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Old Man said:

Leading the countercharge against the oncoming Spartan horde really felt like charging them alone.  They washed over me like the tide.  I was unharmed, and many fell to my wild slashing, but where were my allies?  I couldn't stop them all by myself.

Your allies were smart enough to take cover?