I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

SSgt Baloo

There was a European town that had been built in the Middle Ages. The different neighborhoods were guarded by robots that looked like knights. The robots in one of the neighborhoods would kill all strangers who entered, even children. a group of children were playing one day and strayed too far into that neighborhood. The killer robots pursued them into the children's home area, where the robots of that area defended the children. A few blows were traded before the killer robots withdrew.

I decided to take a look into that neighborhood that night. I entered the castle; the door was open. I went up a ramp. There was a side room where people were watching TV; nobody noticed me. I continued up the ramp until it turned into a dead end. I thought there was nothing to see until I heard sounds. I took a second look, and sure enough, there was a wooden door. The sounds came from whatever was beyond. I was tempted to look inside, but I thought better of it and started back down the ramp. I heard someone or something open the door and step outside. I ran out of the castle as fast as I could, yelling to any passers-by that the killer robots were coming.

One of the good robots was making a peaceful gesture to a killer robot who wanted peace. He (all the robots appeared male) made a sandwich with bat meat. I hid under the table to observe , obscured by a blanket. The visiting robot, who looked like a stocky, bearded man, came down a staircase to the table. He sat down, using me as a seat! Things were otherwise going well, when a couple of killer robots opposed to the peace treaty came down to fight. The good robot and the visitor defeated them easily, throwing them down the stairs. The visiting robot noticed me and asked why I was here. The good robot said I was an witness to show the peace treaty was real.

Later that night there was a dance competition. the woman in one pair was an ice skater, and she did a lot of somersaults. One of them was an in-your-face gesture to the neighborhood with the killer robots. The neighborhood responded by flashing colored lights.

I found out, much to my confusion, that I was Joe Exotic's latest husband. My parents and I were at some vacation house to meet his huge extended family of rednecks (not present in the documentary) and put on a brave face while I figured out how to arrange an annulment. I had no memory of actually agreeing to a marriage, and don't do recreational drugs so I couldn't explain the lapse. On the plus side, my dad was alive and present.

Clearly I've been watching too much Tiger King lately.

There was a school on the area that had suffered some kind of calamity,  and other teachers in the region had been selected by lottery to help reopen it. So I found myself reassigned to this old, dilapidated school with a bunch of other teachers, most of whom I didn't know. There were a few I was familiar with, including one who had been retired for six or seven years. We had two or three days to put together some kind of structure before the kids came back. And someone had decided that I should be in charge of all the science teachers. The only tangible progress we made the first day was a decision that the lines in the student parking should be repainted so that they were parallel.

15 hours ago, Matt the Bruins said:

I found out, much to my confusion, that I was Joe Exotic's latest husband. My parents and I were at some vacation house to meet his huge extended family of rednecks (not present in the documentary) and put on a brave face while I figured out how to arrange an annulment. I had no memory of actually agreeing to a marriage, and don't do recreational drugs so I couldn't explain the lapse. On the plus side, my dad was alive and present.

Clearly I've been watching too much Tiger King lately.

were you man or woman.

The first half of my dream involved escaping from a slowly sinking labyrinthine cruise ship with two men: one of them was Robin Williams.

The second half of my dream also featured a cruise ship, though this one was on land (being on a kind of wheeled platform that allowed it to be driven/towed)...a road; the ship was taken over or attempting to be seized by hijackers and because conventional communications were down, I had the idea to use an emergency maintenance beacon in order to summon help. Eventually, we chanced leaving the ship to seek help from a nearby building that featured what looked to be an elaborate office building lobby. For some reason, a passenger with me resembled actor Alex O'Loughlin (only, with sunglasses and wild hair that stuck up). Lo and behold, the lobby "staff" ending up being some of the hijackers in disguise.

I was sitting in my car at a corner store when this other car rolled up. The four of us got out of our cars, three of them and me. They wore typical jacket, jeans and ball caps that I associate with the local farmers/country living. We went up the store door and one of the guys knocked . A heavier black lady came to the door. One of the farmers said they had come for the lizard. Apparently the lady had been pet sitting. The farmers also bought drinks and accidentally paid for mine. When I tried to pay them back, they said it was covered

CES   

People were hiding from vampires in rooms sealed with heavy metal doors. The vampires punched the doors but couldn't break them despite making large dents on the surface. They tried plastic explosives, but the little bit they used just made a small hole in the door.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a dream that I was giving a few of my students a tour at my alma mater. As we finished ascending a staircase into an open area, I saw one of my former students, now presumably a student at this University. He greeted me, we chatted for a moment, and then he asked if I'd be willing to do a short public opinion survey. I've been in the business before, so I agreed.

His first question was whether I supported the use of a certain slogan, which was both mean-spirited and decidedly racist in its implications, by protesters who were calling for an end to the government shutdown. I told him that I would not support the use of that slogan because it was both inaccurate and defamatory.

His questions then became more belligerent, and if it hadn't been before, it was now becoming apparent that this so-called survey was a political push. As my former student continued with greater insistence and urgency, I told him, "Look, I'm at work right now. I don't support the message you're advocating, and even if I did, this isn't the place. I'm sorry, but I have to get going."

At this point he pulled out a whistle and practically thrust it into my mouth saying, "Will you blow this whistle in defense of our constitutional right to freedom of expression?"

At that point I lost it. I slapped his hand away and said, "Are you freaking kidding me? Social distancing? Get out!"

This took him by surprise and he stood frozen momentarily in his spot, so I repeated the injunction. "Get out!"

Dejected, he slunk off down the stairs, presumably in search of someone else to question. I apologized to my little cadre of students for the interruption, and we continued with the tour.

• 4 weeks later...

I ended up traveling (dimensionally?) to a place where only the ultra-rich live. What I arrived at was something similar to a ringworld or perhaps a massive O'Neill cylinder. Specifically, I was on a high platform (at least hundreds if not thousands of feet in the air) overlooking a vast technologically advanced megalopolis that resembled a circuit board with lines of illumination in quadrilateral configurations. At one end of the platform was a kind of escalator/diagonal travel tube that would take you down to the populace below. The sheer size of this construction caused me to feel mildly agoraphobic and sink to my knees in an attempt to seek solidity that would push away the unpleasant feeling.

On 4/21/2020 at 1:31 PM, Ragitsu said:

The first half of my dream involved escaping from a slowly sinking labyrinthine cruise ship with two men: one of them was Robin Williams.

The second half of my dream also featured a cruise ship, though this one was on land (being on a kind of wheeled platform that allowed it to be driven/towed)...a road; the ship was taken over or attempting to be seized by hijackers and because conventional communications were down, I had the idea to use an emergency maintenance beacon in order to summon help. Eventually, we chanced leaving the ship to seek help from a nearby building that featured what looked to be an elaborate office building lobby. For some reason, a passenger with me resembled actor Alex O'Loughlin (only, with sunglasses and wild hair that stuck up). Lo and behold, the lobby "staff" ending up being some of the hijackers in disguise.

Robin Williams 

Come on in mine once I stole  company truck with the help of Denver Pyle and rapper ice cube

I dreamed that I was reading about an upcoming musical collaboration between Alex and Geddy from Rush and Benny and Bjorn from ABBA.

I'm a little sad that I won't ever know what this might have sounded like.

• 2 weeks later...

I dreamed that I was doing a research internship. My supervising Professor told me that the project benefactor had been impressed with my work and wanted to meet with me. In about 2 minutes. So I scrambled to gather notes and anything else that could be useful and found myself standing at a whiteboard in front of an unused classroom.

Turns out my benefactor is Tony Stark.

I'm about 7 minutes into my presentation when he interrupts and says, "I think you're doing great work, but you could use better equipment. Come with me, we're going shopping." And he got up and walked out. I looked questioningly at my professor.  He shooed me out the room after him.

Tony says he needs to stop and take care of something at a local bank. I was surprised that he actually wanted to go inside, but he said he likes to interact with the people that work for him. So I follow him into the bank where a counter teller directs him back to see one of the managers at her desk.

The manager looked a little bit like The Rumor (#3) from The Umbrella Academy. She helped him with what he needed, and he said, "I think you're doing great work and you deserve a raise. How about $50,000?" And started tapping at his phone.

She said she was very flattered, but didn't think it was....

"Done," he said. At that moment, she finally realized who it was and was a little bit starstruck. He thanked her again and we were on our way.

I had the most HORRIBLE dream the other night. I wasn't in the dream per se; I was just a spectator. I was watching an exchange between a teacher and his student, a rude and opinionated girl. She mouthed off to him once to often, and he just lost it. He started strangling her, and she passed out. Then the teacher came to his senses and tried to revive the girl, but she was unresponsive. The girl's father showed up and was threatened the teacher. That's when I woke up.

8 hours ago, tkdguy said:

I had the most HORRIBLE dream the other night. I wasn't in the dream per se; I was just a spectator. I was watching an exchange between a teacher and his student, a rude and opinionated girl. She mouthed off to him once to often, and he just lost it. He started strangling her, and she passed out. Then the teacher came to his senses and tried to revive the girl, but she was unresponsive. The girl's father showed up and was threatened the teacher. That's when I woke up.

You've gone too far, Pariah!

dun dun dunnnn

CES

9 hours ago, tkdguy said:

And you were powerless to intervene, I take it. That is the part that would really terrify me. And has, on many occasions.