Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

Re: Foods for those that just don't care anymore

How permeable is the shell of an egg? For example, when I hard boil and egg, I don't notice any water inside when I open it, except when it drop the egg into the pot too hard and crack it accidentally. I never notice any of the salt from the water in the egg when I eat it. When I used to color eggs at Easter, I didn't see any of the color coming through the shell until a day or two later. Off course, I'm not really in a rush to try this, but I don't see how this would be any different than boiling in egg in salt water.

It seems like one of those gross, completely ineffective, yet basically harmless folk remedies. Am I missing something?

I've tried one once. Don't have to again. Do yourself a favor, pour ammonia on a wad of paper towels and try eating that. If you're still interested after that, you might like the eggs.

I'm relieved to read that they're not technically spoiled (or poisonous). Though I question the wisdom of eating anything whose smell is reminiscent of horse urine.

Also, don't chickens produce eggs year-round? Why would one need to preserve them for months?

Chickens can be tricked into laying year-round, but before electric lights, it wasn't easy to do.

To test if you REALLY don't care any more...

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/HeartHealth/blair-river-hefty-heart-attack-grill-spokesman-dies/story?id=13056400

Spokesman for the Heart Attack Grill dies... at age 29.

No, it was Pneumonia. But not many 29 year olds die of that these days.

That's really raising the bar.

Jaljira

The husband tried this at an Indian restaurant we went to...he was NOT happy with it. Taking a sip myself, I really can't blame him.

Thandai

This, on the other hand, was what I tried. I really liked it. :)

Those both look like they'd be worth trying, at least. Thanks for the tip!

Have you ever tried Horchata? :yum: