Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

Re: Foods for those that just don't care anymore

Dumb question ... are you actually supposed to leave the egg on the burger when you eat it' date=' or take it off and eat it separately? I have trouble imagining egg and burger tasting good at the same time ...[/quote']

Together... I love the taste of yolk, but not egg whites, so this particular combo lacks maximum appeal for me...

Dumb question ... are you actually supposed to leave the egg on the burger when you eat it' date=' or take it off and eat it separately? I have trouble imagining egg and burger tasting good at the same time ...[/quote']

I try to keep the egg on the burger when I try to eat it at least. I also do the same when I get one of B-Spot's BLTs (adding the egg is $1 extra, but it's worth it to me!).

Egg yolk & ground beef can work as a pairing. Heck, they do it with raw egg yolk and beef tartare!

Together. It's messy but good. It's one of those taste combos you probably wouldn't ordinarily think of, but it works really well together -- like apples and cheese.

I try to keep the egg on the burger when I try to eat it at least. I also do the same when I get one of B-Spot's BLTs (adding the egg is $1 extra, but it's worth it to me!).

Egg yolk & ground beef can work as a pairing. Heck, they do it with raw egg yolk and beef tartare!

That's something I've never eaten. :)

I also generally only eat scrambled eggs, that might be part of it ...

??

Seriously? That sounds nasty ... but I've never tried it, so what do I know?

Wow, you're missing something. Tart apple plus a good bleu = The Win. We had that as part of dinner last night.

Similarly, pear and brie is a classic combination.

I like Granny Smith with a sharp cheddar, or pear with brie. Of course, I'm one of those weird people that can just up and eat some goat cheese or otherwise rather pungent cheeses...

Oh, and another odd pairing is apple slices and peanut butter. And a former roommate swore by tuna and macaroni and cheese.

Seriously? That sounds nasty ...

I know! Right? But seriously, it works. A nice tart apple like a granny smith, paired with a nice sharp cheese. And it doesn't have to be anything exotic -- some good sharp baby swiss or a parmesan (not the grated stuff from Kraft). Believe me, I was as surprised as you are, but it's scrumptious. Bunneh recommends!