Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

On 3/22/2024 at 9:27 PM, Pariah said:

I absolutely do not recommend that you watch this. You'll suffer SAN damage, guaranteed. You'll question any faith you might still have in the human race. Even knowing this video is linked to Florida won't help. I can only call it...

A Crime Against Steak

I think my blood pressure spiked just watching them pour on all that salt.

4 hours ago, Cygnia said:

Lady P's sister gave her a box of four Crumbl cookies for her birthday earlier this month, including both the blueberry cheesecake and Oreo milkshake flavors. They were amazing. 

Their cookies are, by and large, excessively sweet, and I can kind of see the complaints about the texture. But they are a special treat, not the kind of cookies you would eat every day. Not at that price, anyway.

I'm hoping to get a box of four of them for my birthday too.

The only problem with going to Monterey Bay Aquarium's Seafood Watch is the nightmares you risk, when you learn about how some of the *non* approved stuff is raised.  Sometimes it's due to fishing practices, such as this:

Dolphinfish caught by Panamanian fleets in the Eastern Central Pacific with drifting longlines should be avoided. A limited, exploratory stock assessment suggests overfishing is unlikely. Information about bycatch is limited, but there are indications that endangered or vulnerable turtles and sharks are caught. This fishery also catches yellowfin tuna, which are experiencing overfishing. Bycatch management is rated ineffective because the measures that exist are inadequate given the fishery's potential impacts. Drifting longlines don’t contact the seafloor, and the Inter-American Tropical Tuna Commission has implemented some ecosystem-based measures that Panama must follow.

But with farmed fish...oh man.  

Sutchi catfish (a.k.a. pangasius) farmed in Vietnam should be avoided. The hyper-intensive production that occurs in Vietnam generates large volumes of effluent, and many farms are reportedly engaging in illegal dumping. Data on chemical use is not available, but there's evidence that it's very high and includes the use of antibiotics that are critically important to human health.

Or this

https://www.seafoodwatch.org/recommendation/tilapia/mozambique-tilapia-1983?species=226

since tilapia's the fish being discussed.  

So, it's a good idea to look for a Seafood Watch endorsement, or a BAP, MSC, or ASC certification.