Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

On 3/15/2024 at 6:47 AM, mattingly said:
Pickles Wrapped in Cream Cheese & Hot Cheeto Crumbs

431649431_439208331792236_76299691454389

I like pickles too much and Cheetos of any variety too little to eat something like that.

I think a big marketing problem for 7up is, they're part of Keurig Dr. Pepper, which is a serious hodgepodge...in soft drinks, they also have Squirt, Crush, Sunkist, Canada Dry, and Schweppes.  None of them have any connection to any of the others.  They also have, I think, *extremely* limited exposure in fast-food soda machines...Dr. Pepper gets in decently often, but let's face it, most dispensers are dedicated to either Coke or Pepsi...never the twain shall meet.  

That issue carries over to store shelves...where the Coke distributors can leverage/compel stores to carry a wide array.  Dr. Pepper?  Canada Dry and Schweppes aren't considered soft drinks, so much as *mixers.*

11 hours ago, unclevlad said:

I think a big marketing problem for 7up is, they're part of Keurig Dr. Pepper, which is a serious hodgepodge...in soft drinks, they also have Squirt, Crush, Sunkist, Canada Dry, and Schweppes.  None of them have any connection to any of the others.  They also have, I think, *extremely* limited exposure in fast-food soda machines...Dr. Pepper gets in decently often, but let's face it, most dispensers are dedicated to either Coke or Pepsi...never the twain shall meet.  

That issue carries over to store shelves...where the Coke distributors can leverage/compel stores to carry a wide array.  Dr. Pepper?  Canada Dry and Schweppes aren't considered soft drinks, so much as *mixers.*

Canada Dry AND Schweppes?  I mean, both labels produce a ginger ale and I've been able to discern a difference in them in taste.  (I lean towards Schweppes if I had to pick between the two)

Your tastebuds are more sensitive than mine, then.  I'm able to tell the difference between Coca-Cola and Pepsi, but ginger ale tastes the same to me, whether it's Canada Dry, Schweppes, Seagram's, or the Hy-Vee store brand.  Granted, I drink Coke more than ginger ale--how often do you drink ginger ale?

2 hours ago, Cygnia said:

Canada Dry AND Schweppes?  I mean, both labels produce a ginger ale and I've been able to discern a difference in them in taste.  (I lean towards Schweppes if I had to pick between the two)

They also both make tonic waters and club sodas.  Yeah, it's bizarre.  

Oh, and to make it even MORE confusing?  The Schweppes brand name is owned by...COKE!!!....in much of the world, outside North America.  Corporate games....  My personal favorite soft drink was Hires...it was quite popular, but it was killed off.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hires_Root_Beer

Which also points out why keeping both Canada Dry and Schweppes in the corporate stable is odd...unless it's a denying move, to keep Schweppes OUT of Coke's hands.

I vaguely remember thinking Schweppes was sharper...Canada Dry sweeter...but it's been years.