Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

My grandparents used a utensil made of steel screening and heavy wire/rod stock that one used over a fire (for them, in the fireplace) when popping popcorn. Since we never had a fireplace, when I was a kid we used the big pot on the stovetop with oil in the bottom. Affordable stand-alone hot air poppers started being available about the time I finished high school, and I don't think I've made popcorn any other way at home since then. The prepackaged microwave paper popcorn packets I've used when living in the dorm, and in various work environments, but you do tend to burn the stuff the first time or two with an unfamiliar microwave oven.

There's a pizza place here that serves something called Spud-O-Licious: Ranch sauce instead of red sauce, thin slices of potato, cheddar cheese, and bacon. Basically, it's like a baked potato on a pizza. And it's pretty darn good.

Spud-O-Licious.jpg

I'm having leftovers for lunch.

There's a pizza place here that serves something called Spud-O-Licious: Ranch sauce instead of red sauce, thin slices of potato, cheddar cheese, and bacon. Basically, it's like a baked potato on a pizza. And it's pretty darn good.

Spud-O-Licious.jpg

I don't like ranch dressing, but I've had potato pizza before. It's quite yummy.

I actually tried one of these today. It wasn't too bad. The taco sauce they use has a surprising kick, but it makes the whole thing a little greasy. The pickles were a surprise, but not a bad one. I'd probably give it a B--not bad, but not something I'd eat on a regular basis.