Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

Re: Foods for those that just don't care anymore

A recent episode of Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives featured a burger... between two grilled cheese sandwiches (one with bacon, the other with jalepeno) and topped with a fried egg. There may have been slaw also, I can't remember.

I dunno. Too many of these are stunt foods, stuff you eat only to show you don't give a damn.

I used to eat biscuits with sausage gravy, sides of home fries (sometimes with more sausage gravy), hotcakes w/ syrup, bacon, sausage patties (with more syrup), and toast slathered with butter & heavy with jam. Plus coffee with cream and plenty of sugar. That was true gluttony, sincere indulgence without thought of consequence or any need to posture.

Real sin has a certain integrity.

Beef twinkies sound funny' date=' but sausages wrapped in batter and served on a stick are real food. Beef hotdogs in cake would be a slight improvement.[/quote']

Sonic Drive-In used to have pancake on a stick which was a pancake wrapped around a breakfast sausage served like a corn dog.

http://www.cracked.com/photoshop_132_horrible-fast-food-ideas-that-cant-be-too-far-off/

... Scarily, most of the stuff on the above list seems, in light of this thread, at least plausible. Possibly even rather tame.

Some of them look like good ideas, really. Hey, I'd get the footlong double down from KFC. Who wants to live forever, after all?

Having just got the first Blackest Night book, and considering just how much damage those would probably do to your arteries, I'm tempted to say "Yes, there is a god... and his name is Nekron!"

"Eat sweet, sweet death, mortals!"

There's no point in battered deep fat fried bacon if you don't dip it in maple syrup.

Well, a tasty mayo-based curry sauce, or perhaps smoked-salmon flavor cream cheese dip, could work too.

Or chocolate syrup.

With whipped cream?

Top picture little metal cup on the right:D

I assume the brown bowl in that same picture is white gravy? So you'd have both gravy and syrup?

There was a moment with that burger recipe where I thought "four eggs and twelve strips of bacon on a burger, that's more than I eat on a Sunday Brunch!" Then I noticed the four Kaiser buns.

I feel great relief and temptation.

I've seen it a bunch of different places' date=' so it's not that far out. OTOH, using glazed donuts for a bun is weird.[/quote']

I don't think I've ever seen a place that offered eggs on burgers before ... well, unless you count IHOP commercials. I also agree on the doughnut-bun thing.

I don't think I've ever seen a place that offered eggs on burgers before ... well' date=' unless you count IHOP commercials.[/quote']

I watch Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives often. Many places serve cholesterol bombs like that. (There's also a lot of healthy stuff too, of course.)

There's nothing unhealthy about an egg on a hamburger patty, depending on the quality of the ingredients. The link between dietary cholesterol and heart disease tends to be over-simplified and exagerated by the media. The most unhealthful thing on the plate is that white bread bun.

Of course, someone who doesn't exercise regularly should be having only about 3-4 ounces of beef with that egg.

This post brought to you by Grumpy Health Nuts.