Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

Re: Foods for those that just don't care anymore

Maybe if it was rolled in breadcrumbs?

It comes in breaded already, or grilled for the health concious.

Hasn't been inflicted on the KFC branches in Australia as yet. Guess they're still experimenting on you guys.

We're not called the Ugly Americans for nothin'! :D

So anyone try the new thing from KFC' date=' the Double Down?[/quote']

I didn't have one myself, but I observed one being eaten. The most interesting comment was that the bacon was basically useless. There wasn't enough to be able to taste it past the chicken and cheese.

I didn't have one myself' date=' but I observed one being eaten. The most interesting comment was that the bacon was basically useless. There wasn't enough to be able to taste it past the chicken and cheese.[/quote']

Bacon is a spice or condiment, not a main course. :)

Edit: or in the case of the above turkey it's the glaze.

Bacon is a spice or condiment, not a main course. :)

Edit: or in the case of the above turkey it's the glaze.

Well, I don't agree with that as a general statement. Don't get me wrong, bacon is wonderful as both a spice and a condiment. However it can serve quite well as a main course too. :)

But if it is being used as a spice or condiment you should be able to taste that it is there. The approximate quote from the person actually eating it was "near as I can tell the bacon is just there to add calories and/or cholesterol, because I can't taste it".

Well, I don't agree with that as a general statement. Don't get me wrong, bacon is wonderful as both a spice and a condiment. However it can serve quite well as a main course too. :)

But if it is being used as a spice or condiment you should be able to taste that it is there. The approximate quote from the person actually eating it was "near as I can tell the bacon is just there to add calories and/or cholesterol, because I can't taste it".

That is my experience with most fast food bacon. Paper thin strips of barely flavored fat. :(

That is entirely made of awesome.

The double down's not bad, but it's not mindblowingly good either.

The thing that AMAZED me and my buddy is that the bacon is surprisingly good.

Probably the best fast food chain bacon I've ever had in my life.

For me, the pepper in the chicken breading slightly covers up the flavor though. It's lot of chicken after all. But on it's own merits, the bacon is just great.

KFC seriously needs to release a breakfast menu in America NOW ( I know they have it in other countries).

My dad's pastor brought over a whole holiday pack of Jones soda one Christmas, with all the bizarre flavors (Brussels sprouts, turkey and gravy, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, etc) and all the males (pastor, dad, me, two brothers) ended up sampling each flavor, knowing full well most of them would be absolutely foul. My son, who was about 5 at the time stood toe to toe with the rest of us. I was proud in a somewhat disturbed way.