Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

2 hours ago, Pariah said:

Ooh, I've never been there. We may need to look that up for next time we're in Colorado.

On the Mall.  WAY down, almost to Broadway.  Bunch of standard taps but I believe a rotation of local ones...which, considering the number and quality of the breweries around that area, means you won't get bored.  The Mall's got all kinds of places to eat.  One of my "if I win the Power Ball" scenarios would be to get a condo or loft down there...but it's probably just as well I don't, cuz that would probably blow my limited insulin control out of the water. :)  A similar picture would be to do that in Vegas, but while I love the restaurants, the people hanging out on the Strip are...less genteel, shall we say.  And while the 16th St Mall is busy...the Strip is a bloody MADHOUSE.

9 hours ago, unclevlad said:

On the Mall.  WAY down, almost to Broadway.  Bunch of standard taps but I believe a rotation of local ones...which, considering the number and quality of the breweries around that area, means you won't get bored.  The Mall's got all kinds of places to eat.  One of my "if I win the Power Ball" scenarios would be to get a condo or loft down there...but it's probably just as well I don't, cuz that would probably blow my limited insulin control out of the water. :)  A similar picture would be to do that in Vegas, but while I love the restaurants, the people hanging out on the Strip are...less genteel, shall we say.  And while the 16th St Mall is busy...the Strip is a bloody MADHOUSE.

As a 40-year resident of the Vegas Valley, I can tell you that the best restaurants aren't on the Strip.

I started doing fruit syrups on pancakes and French toast ages ago.  Real maple syrup is delicious but pricey.  The usual stuff is...bleah!!!!!  Mostly corn syrup, one dimensional sugar taste.  That's when I started on the fruit syrups.

They're still rather sweet tho, and when that became...unwise, I started doing a simple home-made alternative.  Frozen berries...my favorite is black/blue/raspberry mix.  About 100 grams, bit of stevia, good couple shakes of cinnamon (or Chinese five spice, yum, but be careful, it's pretty strong), zap for a minute, mash to mix everything, zap for another minute, mash again.  Pour over the cakes/bread.  All of those berries are actually carb-friendly.