Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

2 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

I shared this with my daughter who is very into hockey.  She loved it, and pointed out the significance to the price - 1967 is apparently the last year the Maple Leafs won the Stanley Cup.

Got me curious.  The last time any Canadian team won the Cup?

Montreal, 1993.

By comparison, the diehard hockey towns of LA and Tampa have won 6 in that period.

4 hours ago, unclevlad said:

Meat is life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heh. I went through a semi-vegetarian phase decades ago. My cousin's aunt was astounded to hear I didn't eat meat (I did eat seafood). I said "Meat is evil!" That confused the poor lady even more. "Evil? How is meat evil?"

Just to put things into context, I never bought into the extreme vegan mindset. I was doing this because I enjoyed this lifestyle. But my friends and I had this slang where saying something was evil meant to express disapproval about something, even in a joking manner. I just fell into that parlance.

37 minutes ago, tkdguy said:

Heh. I went through a semi-vegetarian phase decades ago. My cousin's aunt was astounded to hear I didn't eat meat (I did eat seafood). I said "Meat is evil!" That confused the poor lady even more. "Evil? How is meat evil?"

I'd say that you were just being catty when you said "meat is evil!" then.....but that can't be, because cats are obligate carnivores.

I'll see myself out....

On 9/8/2022 at 1:55 PM, unclevlad said:

Got me curious.  The last time any Canadian team won the Cup?

Montreal, 1993.

The goalkeeper for that team was a guy named Patrick Roy. It was his second Stanley Cup win. He was traded to Colorado a couple years later, where he won two additional Stanley cups. As I recall, he was the Stanley Cup MVP three of the four times.

I don't use mine very often, but that's because my major use would be for pulled pork or brisket.  Problem is...what does 1 person do with that much meat?  The 2 prime uses would be sandwiches and enchiladas.  I do that kind of sandwich for lunch quite often, but there are numerous good options there.  The enchis...lunch or dinner, but I tend to make too much as a dinner. :)  Especially when I think I need to use it up.

So, yeah, I've thought of taking it off the counter and putting it away.  I actually did just do that with my vacuum water heater...holds multiple quarts, heats normally, then the water storage is a vacuum flask, so it only needs a bit of heat occasionally.  It's great for green tea;  the holding temp is 190, but I'm doing MUCH less tea these days.  I just put that into the cabinet as I was clearing up the area before the workmen came in and reset my sink yesterday.  (Yay, all done!)