• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: superuseless superpowers

Okay, I'll play.

How about

Summon Cranky Self

Summon (1 n-Point Self), Specific Being (Yourself) (+1) (AP: 2n/5) Antagonistic: Hostile (-1/2), Arrives Under Own Power (-1/2) (Real Cost: n/5)

Compel yourself to do something, but be cranky about it?

Super Sense: Taste. Tracking,but only in contact with a surface.

Yes, he can follow any scent as long as he... licks... the.. Eeeeeew! Forget I mentioned it.

Actually I've always liked the idea of Taste as a targeting Sense. "I have the power to blast whatever is on the tip of my tongue". Or better yet, an R-Ray sense: "I can taste through walls".

Healing Punch

4D6 Simplified Healing, Side Effect (-0, Target Only, Always Occurred), 4d6 Energy Blast, LIM: Healing can not do more healing than the side effect did in damage. (-1?)

Although I think it is the most cathartic superuseless superpower I've seen. It's like having a built-in boffer bat.

The Human Clog!!

Growth (12 levels), No Stat Gain (-1/2), May only use as many levels as it would to take up all available space, no more/no less (-1); 0 END, Continuous, Uncontrolled.

with linked:

Shape Shift, linked to growth (-1/2), Only to take the shape of the enclosure that is filled by Growth (-1/2).

He basically expands to completely fill whatever room or hallway he's in.

This is a little off topic but I'm in a chatty mood. :D

My group has (this may come as a shock to some people) in the past accused me of being a bit of a power gamer. A few games back I said that I would try to play a "useless" character. I borrowed my concept from Stone Boy of the Legion of Susbtsitute Superheroes. I had the ability to become nigh-invulnerable (75% Damage Reduction plus high defenses), but when I did I also become totally rigid and unable to move (Side Effect: becomes totally rigid and unable to take actions). Over time, the team and I came up with a few strategies so I could help out in combats like: jumping over a foe and then transforming (Crushing Damage Damage Shield), having a teamate use me as a weapon (the GM allowed me to be used as a One Hex object) or cover (Uncontrolled Missile Deflection), and grabbing a foe tightly and then transforming (my rigidity was bought as Uncontrolled Clinging, must follow grab). It actually worked out so well, I have considered trying the character in a serious campaign.

This is a little off topic but I'm in a chatty mood. :D

My group has (this may come as a shock to some people) in the past accused me of being a bit of a power gamer. A few games back I said that I would try to play a "useless" character. I borrowed my concept from Stone Boy of the Legion of Susbtsitute Superheroes. I had the ability to become nigh-invulnerable (75% Damage Reduction plus high defenses), but when I did I also become totally rigid and unable to move (Side Effect: becomes totally rigid and unable to take actions). Over time, the team and I came up with a few strategies so I could help out in combats like: jumping over a foe and then transforming (Crushing Damage Damage Shield), having a teamate use me as a weapon (the GM allowed me to be used as a One Hex object) or cover (Uncontrolled Missile Deflection), and grabbing a foe tightly and then transforming (my rigidity was bought as Uncontrolled Clinging, must follow grab). It actually worked out so well, I have considered trying the character in a serious campaign.

Sounds like a character in the 'New Heroes' set of books (she turned into diamond, immobile diamond). The last tactic was her usual combat tactic (after which her team mates would pummel the poor guy). When the machine went off that robbed everyone of their powers she was in diamond form (to protect herself after she was beat up). Years later when someone tests a machine to reverse the effect she 'wakes up' and wonders how she got from a hillside to a storage room in a bunker. Just saying...

Re: Can't see through your clothes

I was talking to a friend about his potential champion character, which he plans on making like a mix between Superboy and Nightwing. So, we had talked about flight, and he mentioned wanting X-ray vision. I read the description for N-Ray Perception, which in the description says there has to be a material they cannot see through. Naturally he chose lead. But while talking about it, a friend came up with:

N-ray Perception (Cannot see through Cotton)

Male character Looks at female team-mate and smiles.

Team Mate: What??!

Male: Your wearing all Man-made fibres today

Team-mate: HEY!!!

4D6 Simplified Healing, Side Effect (-0, Target Only, Always Occurred), 4d6 Energy Blast, LIM: Healing can not do more healing than the side effect did in damage. (-1?)

Although I think it is the most cathartic superuseless superpower I've seen. It's like having a built-in boffer bat.

There is a Magic Item (gauntlets) in D&D (where healing magic harms Undead) which casts a healing spell on anyone your hit. Basically it's an undead detector.

WHACK!!

"Hey what'd you hit me for?"

"Just checking..."

(better than a boffer bat since you have a 'legit reason' to hit people who bug you)

I have a character that has the ability to speak to cats.

That's it. Can't control them or order them to do anything. But she can talk to them. Sometimes, they'll have something useful to say. Sometimes, they won't.

It's worth its weight in entertainment value, but I wouldn't say it's of any particular use. Especially in a game where a potential future timeline has been revealed where all cats have gone extinct.

I have a character that has the ability to speak to cats.

That's it. Can't control them or order them to do anything. But she can talk to them. Sometimes, they'll have something useful to say. Sometimes, they won't.

It's worth its weight in entertainment value, but I wouldn't say it's of any particular use. Especially in a game where a potential future timeline has been revealed where all cats have gone extinct.

Talk to cats. That could lead to some major problems in the wrong hands, *Looks at his*

Person: Okay fluffy, what happened here?

Cat: Well, I ate, licked myself, took a nap, then chest a beam of light on the wall. Couldn't catch it though. Once it disappeared. I laid in the sun and enjoyed a nap.

Person: But who broke in and robbed the place?

Cat: Oh, I don't notice small things. I have more important things to pay attention to.

the dehydrator

I don't quite now how this would be set up, so I'll give you the basic concept.

Basically, the person can make dehydrated fruit. I know it would require limitation (fruit only).

"Behold my power!" creates a dehydrated strawberry.

That one is useful...for the Batman.

Or you could write it up as images with the same effect.

Can't you just take it as a Psych Lim? I swear I've seen people with this one...;)

Psych Lim: "Red lights are Green to me" Fairly common, Total commit.

Invisiblity, always on, no endurance cost. Totally and absolutely invisible vs N-Ray vision.

And ONLY N-Ray vision. No joke, saw a guy put it a character sheet once.

So someone trying to see you from the other side of a wall (with N ray vision) fails to do so. If the came round the wall they would see you but looking for you with N-Ray vision fails.

I can see the logic.

My favorite useless power is the power to See Through Everything!

It makes everything in the universe transparent to you.

Nothing obscures your view of Infinity.

Lucius Alexander

All the powers of the palindromedary