superuseless superpowers

Karmakaze

No, really: superuseless superpowers

And, as a tribute to the HERO system, I bet we could stat out any one of those.

Slumberjack - +60 STR, only when asleep... Would that be a -1 or -2 limitation?

I have a few thoughts on 13th bullet bulletproof. It's like Ablative in reverse. Though actually, it's probably just Armor bought "Only while at negative BODY". I think I might be afraid to play in the campaign where that ever comes up, though.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: superuseless superpowers

No' date=' really: superuseless superpowers

I have a few thoughts on 13th bullet bulletproof. It's like Ablative in reverse. Though actually, it's probably just Armor bought "Only while at negative BODY". I think I might be afraid to play in the campaign where that ever comes up, though.

In the game I'm currently stuck in, that might not even be a limitation! (yes, we spend an awwful lot of time playing characters who are badly injured...)

Slumberjack - +60 STR' date=' only when asleep... Would that be a -1 or -2 limitation?[/quote']

There was a character like that during Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol series. Sleepwalk. She had super-strength and near-invulnerability, but only when asleep. Mister Nobody gave her a set of headphones that induced narcolepsy/sleepwalking, so she'd wander around, sound asleep, and pound the good guys. :D

SUPERUSELESS SUPERPOWER: Complementary Chameleon

The superuseless chameleon assumes the complementary color of his surroundings, thereby rendering him highly un-hard to see. This superpower was inspiration for the failed children’s book franchise titled “There’s Waldo.”

Images, I'd say.

SUPERUSELESS SUPERPOWER: Complementary Chameleon

It's so passe to make your colors blend with the environment. The cutting edge is to chameleon blend everything around you.

The reasonable chameleon adapts himself to fit his environment.

The unreasonable chameleon adapts his environment to fit himself.

All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable chameleon.

3 squares; LS- No need to eat' date=' require 3 meals a day (-1?) yeah it totally invalidates, but it is also very easy to obtain...[/quote']

I''ll top that uselessness with A Good Night's Sleep

Life Support (Sleeping: Character does not sleep), 1 Continuing Charge lasting 1 Day (+0) (3 Active Points); Extra Time (6 Hours, Only to Activate, Character May Take No Other Actions, -2)

Powers Cost: 1

For the Ultra-Short Range Teleport I'd use a reverse of Megascale. A Disad:Microscale. -1/4 for 1/10th hex' date=' -1/2 for 1/100th hex,etc...[/quote']

I read a short SF story once where scientists figured out how to teleport things -- even large objects, but only a fraction of a millimeter. So everyone assumed it was useless.

Then some bright spark figured out that you can cycle the teleportation as quickly as you want -- sure, each teleport only takes you 1/10 of a millimeter, but continually teleporting it over and over, faster and faster, and they soon discovered that they could send spaceships across the galaxy at faster-than-light speeds.

I think the story was called "Open Space." The teleporter was known as a "Smoots Drive." :D

I''ll top that uselessness with A Good Night's Sleep

Life Support (Sleeping: Character does not sleep), 1 Continuing Charge lasting 1 Day (+0) (3 Active Points); Extra Time (6 Hours, Only to Activate, Character May Take No Other Actions, -2)

Powers Cost: 1

Nice...I was thinkin "Elf meditation" with the LS-No Sleep requiring Conc DCV 0 and extra time 4 Hours plus...:)

No' date=' really: superuseless superpowers

Actually Slumberjack wouldnt necessarily be useless. If he moved around as much as I do while sleeping with 60 STR he'd knock half the house down :eek: (Yes, on 2 occasions I have punched the wall my bed is against while sleeping :o )

I love useless powers....dunno what it is about them, must be all the Legion of Superheroes comics I read as a kid.. ;)

Bleach was a character I designed whose one and only ability was to bleach the color from anything in her surrounding area, leaving it white. She herself was Aboriginal, but stark white due to a side-effect of her own power.

There was a great Top Ten List on this very subject a long time ago on Letterman...

1. Top Ten Least Exciting Superpowers for Comic Book Superheroes (Hero Games translations by Tigereye)

10. Super spelling: Eidetic Memory, Only To Memorize Spelling of Words (-1)

9. Lightning-fast mood swings: Psy Lim: Suffers From Severe, Unpredictable And Rapid Mood Swings (Common, Total)

8. Really bendy thumb: Stretching, 1", One thumb only (-2)

7. Unusually natural smile when posing for photographs: Persuasion, +5 PRE and +10 COM, Only When Posing For Photographs (-2)

6. Ability to calm jittery squirrels: Mind Control 4d6, Only To Calm (-1), Squirrels Only (-2)

5. Power to shake exactly two aspirin out of a bottle: +40 DEX, No Combat Use, Only To Shake Pills From Pill Bottle (-2)

4. Ability to get tickets to Goodwill Games: Your guess is as good as mine, here!

3. Power to score with other superheroes' wives: +30 PRE, Only To Seduction Rolls With Other Superheroes' Wives (-2)

2. Ability to communicate with corn: Retrocognitive Precognition, Only In Area With Corn Present (-2)

1. Magnetic colon: Telekinesis, x STR, Only with Magnetic Objects (-1/2), Only From Embarrassing Area of Body (-1/4)

Thanks, Grimble. Certainly one way of doing it. Now that I think about it, I'd probably just use a Favor point instead, or use a 1 pip Transform: Air Into Goodwill Games Tickets with IPE...

Now, my character has the ability to score with Supervillain's Wives, but that's a whole 'nother area!

No' date=' no. It's just that some are just drawn by Rob Liefeld. Or directed by Uwe Boll. ;)[/quote']

They're not really bad - they're just drawn that way?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary draws a cart while I draw a bath.