superuseless superpowers

Karmakaze

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: superuseless superpowers

Personally, I have the power to give a person a nosebleed by staring at him. "A person" as in a singular specific person, one of my friends from high school. I use it sparingly though, with miniscule power comes miniscule responsiblity.

Minor Transform, Mr M. to Mr M. with bleeding nose, extra time (1 minute) concentrate (no other actions), only works on a specific target.

My personal favorite is always this.

Missile Detection: This power enables you to be aware of incoming missiles a fraction of a second before they strike. However, it does not allow you to actually do anything about it. That requires another power.

Radar 15-Only to detect Incoming Missiles (-2). In movies, this is usually bought with an OAF, Impressive Looking But Totally Useless Piece of Equipment, usually used by a minor character before he dies. 5 points.

I once thought about creating a team of characters somewhat like this called the 'Non-Coms' (short for non combat, not non comissioned). Not 'totally useless' powers but powers that weren't really any help in a fight (esp. a super fight). These were the people who 'real heroes' pushed out the way with a "leave this to the professionals son/maam". They got together as a support group. Can't really remember the powers I was going to give them, only that 'real Heroes/Villians' would have wiped the floor with them.

But in the spirit of this thread I give a character I made as 'colour' (pun intended) for a super teen street gang.

Tag: Changes the colour of anything he touches (and only those parts that he touches)(Minor transform: only to change the colour of the place his fingers touch)

How about this one:

Cosmetic Transform 3d6 (Red traffic lights to Green Traffic lights) (15 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Minute, -1 1/2)

For years, my wife has claimed that she has the reverse of this power - all traffic signals she approaches whilst driving automatically shift to red. I am guessing in her case that the power has either No Conscious Control or Always On.

A player in a campaign I was running read "Open Space" and used it for a character concept. He was a teleporter who really wanted to be a flyer. So he flew by teleporting in microbursts.

The character was builting using flight, SFX teleporting in microbursts.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't see through your clothes

I was talking to a friend about his potential champion character, which he plans on making like a mix between Superboy and Nightwing. So, we had talked about flight, and he mentioned wanting X-ray vision. I read the description for N-Ray Perception, which in the description says there has to be a material they cannot see through. Naturally he chose lead. But while talking about it, a friend came up with:

N-ray Perception (Cannot see through Cotton)

Life Support: expanded breathing, water, doesn't work when wet(-1/4).

Teleportation, always on, persistant, 0 end, only to fixed locations, one fixed location (bedroom in bed under blankets).

For a disadvantage, Suseptable to oxygen, 3d6, every segment.