Fallen Avenger

Peregrine

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Fallen Avenger

Thanks to all who have contributed, even if I haven't replied to you directly. This NPC has gone from "basic concept" to "his origin story is writing itself in my mind". I still don't have 100% satisfactory name, but "Vengeance, the Fallen Avenger" is the current placeholder, meaning that unless something else grabs me, that's what I'll go with.

Additional input is still welcome.

Say, how about keeping the metal in the name, but exchanging "Avenger" for something more occult and sinister?

My first suggestion: Silver Revenant.

Hey... not a bad approach. Maybe my D&D background is showing, though, but Revenant has an undead vibe about it that doesn't quite fit. Still, Silver is definitely worth considering.

The "Original" Fallen Avenger from Red Doom (Classic Organizations), Red Shield (Lyndon Johnson Kaufman) - Mutate Silver Avenger & Powered Shield [336pts]

PRIMUS Silver Avengers... Underpowered?

https://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52884&highlight=Avenger

James Buchanan Barnes (Earth-616)

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/James_Buchanan_Barnes_%28Earth-616%29

Cheers

QM

Or' date=' if PRIMUS did something (or didn't -- like let someone innocent die in order to preserve a cover) that set this guy off, there's always "Revenger".[/quote']

"Silver Revenger"

When you avenge a wrong, you set out to prevent the wrongdoer from doing it to others. Avenging is an act of protection.

Revenge is simply paying back pain with pain, often disproportionatly. It's an act of selfish violence.

Having read a crapload of '80s, '90s, and more recent DC comics over the last couple of weeks (laid off + BitTorrent = digital comics collection from hell...), I am now leaning toward either Silver Ravager or just Ravager.

And if you want the whole list of those who bailed out of PRIMUS in the 4th edition CU...

Kevin Armstrong - Armstrong - VIPER

Lyndon Kaufman - Red Shield - Red Doom

Darin Falswell - Vengeance - GENOCIDE

So far, only Armstrong has been mentioned in the 5e CU.

Hmmm enjoying this thread reminds me of an idea i posted a few years back the Midnight Avenger a PRIMUS agent/silver avenger who had a run in with a a vampire and ended up being turned into a vampire he eventually destroyed his master and returned to the fold changed but immensely powerful he leads PRIMUS Black a covert ops super team who deal with the occult and secret threats no one else can.

If he never returned to the fold a vampiric silver avenger would be a really nasty surprise.

also made me think that a vampire would make a great crime boss for a street level supers campaign specializing in people trafficking would give him a ready food supply. and his ability to create vampiric underlings would give him a real edge against both rival gangs and law enforcement.

Sorry, I'm of the DFV camp -- that and I'd want to stay away from the whole mystic thing, because that has too much of the 'I instantly become a bad guy!!' sense about it. This, IMNSHO, should be the one where all the heroes are going to say to themselves and maybe each other, 'You know, he really is just on the other side of the line from us -- we could become him if we were only a little more obsessed, a little more final about things...'

The Last Avenger.