Your "Oh #@$%!" Moment

Stone

Re: Your "Oh #@$%!" Moment

Am I seriously the only one who understood EXACTLY what a high school twink club is?

High School = 15-18 year olds

Twink = Thinks that the more damage done is roleplaying

Club = Him and all his mouth breathing instant gratification buddies.

I've noticed that most members of a High Schol Twink Club are the kind of people that think Halo and Gears of War are great writing, and play online FPS's simply to fling racial slurs and a word that can mean british cigarettes around like it's going out of style.

Yes, I have had more than one game ruined by these [censored] idiots.

I don't mean to thread hijack, really I don't, I just can't stand these kinds of people. Not liking something doesn't make it "gay" and me chainsawing you into chunky bits does not make me a "fag". These words have deeper meaning, and these &$%^-wits need to learn that.

[/hijack]

Again. So sorry.

PS: Not to say I dislike Gears of War. It's a good game, but not high art.

And Halo just sucks.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardly. I have been gaming for thirty years, and this is the first and only time I've ever seen that term.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary sings "startle, startle, little twink..."

Same, and I've been RPGing 35 years, and wargaming 50!

Am I seriously the only one who understood EXACTLY what a high school twink club is?

Yes, you are. Where are you getting your definition of "Twink"?

High School = 15-18 year olds

Twink = Thinks that the more damage done is roleplaying

Club = Him and all his mouth breathing instant gratification buddies.

I've noticed that most members of a High Schol Twink Club are the kind of people that think Halo and Gears of War are great writing, and play online FPS's simply to fling racial slurs and a word that can mean british cigarettes around like it's going out of style.

Yes, I have had more than one game ruined by these [censored] idiots.

I don't mean to thread hijack, really I don't, I just can't stand these kinds of people. Not liking something doesn't make it "gay" and me chainsawing you into chunky bits does not make me a "fag". These words have deeper meaning, and these &$%^-wits need to learn that.

[/hijack]

Again. So sorry.

PS: Not to say I dislike Gears of War. It's a good game, but not high art.

And Halo just sucks.

“Mouth Breather” being used in a derogatory way is just as insulting as the other words you complain about being used as insults when they have “deeper meaning”. “Mouth Breather” became an insult because people who tend to breathe through their mouths supposedly look dumb, originally being compared to the look people with certain cognitive disabilities have (such as individuals with down syndrome and other handicaps who often let their mouths hang open). In other words, calling someone a “mouth breather” is basically the same as calling someone “retarded”. That is insulting, not only to the target of the “insult” but to anyone who has or who has worked with those with cognitive disabilities.

Furthermore, often times being a “mouth breather” is a medical issue, so you are insulting a lot of people with sinus issues, weight issues, asthma, and a large number of perfectly intelligent people who just happen to breathe through their mouth more often than their nose. So maybe you should check your own choice of words when you go on a rant.

Also, I’d like to know where, exactly, you got your definition of “Twink”. I think the responses in this thread have already shown that the way it was used is not commonly recognized or well known. In fact, since the most common use seems to have to do with homosexuality it’s arguable that calling someone a “Twink” is the equivalent to calling them “gay”, one of the things you specifically complain about so called “Twinks” doing.

...no, but at a glance it seems you are the only one who understood it to be exactly THAT, as opposed to the much more common definition.

We all understood it. We just seem to have different understandings. :D

Definition (Safe For Work): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twinking

(and I only knew this definition of the word, until I actually googled it. Any use of the term in the following text is not meant as a rebuttal, but simply comes naturally as part of my language.)

As for my oh [censured] moment, there are several candidates, but only two as a player:

The first one is from Samantha, an elven druid who rode to battle on a dire bat (called Bat Bat). In the final climatic battle of an extended adventure, she decided to use her standard tactic on an enemy Bard, on the grounds that he was buffing his allies, was peppering us with arrows, and not that heavy. So she sped in on a dive bombing maneuver, had Bat Bat grab him, and flew up as high as Bat Bat could get (which was several hundred feet).

That's when the Bard transformed into a greater demon. "oh [censured]"

Second one is by the undead necromancer Kale, who rode into battle on a fossilized dire elephant (at the time). Charging a temple of some paladin god, for no better reason than that they were there. At the time, half the party were undead. The clerics of the temple open up with turn undead, which thanks to god knows what twinking trick the DM had used on them, killed anything they turned. I have turn resistance enough to shrug it off (as has the elephant) but my bodyguard and the undead party members shatter into pieces, which would have been bad enough.

But then the clerics cast some strange spell at me and the elephant, and I ask to roll to see if I recognize it. The answer: “plane shift”; more specifically, they’re trying to send me to heaven (were evil characters take 2d6 per round, and undead take 4d6 per round). "oh [censured]"

(I made my saving throw, and then got killed by a twinked smiting attack, making the elephant go berserk and demolish the temple. I then returned from my personal hell dimension, with the ability to plane shift other people to hell.)

As a GM:

I was running a Champions murder mystery, with the PC heroes and an NPC hero team on an island getaway, supposed to be solving a fake murder for fun. You can imagine the actual plot -- the NPC heroes then begin getting bumped off for real, one by one, and it's up to the PC heroes to figure out what's going on.

So, the heroes arrived on the island and met the NPC heroes and normals (staff at the mansion, people putting on the murder mystery weekend, etc.) After they got to know all the principals, I started setting the mood, with a storm rolling in (to isolate the heroes on the island). As I described the darkening sky and rolling thunder, an actual storm started up outside the apartment. Not a minor rainstorm, either. Evil-looking clouds, sheets of lightning, driving rain. We ran out onto the balcony to watch it roll in, and the players joked about my *really* setting the mood.

Then we returned to the game, with the characters gathered together in a sitting room, and I said that the lights in the mansion suddenly went out. At almost that exact moment, there was a crash of thunder and the lights in the apartment went out.

I think it freaked all of us out. My players actually awarded *me* Experience Points for that game.

as a gm:

I was running a champions murder mystery, with the pc heroes and an npc hero team on an island getaway, supposed to be solving a fake murder for fun. You can imagine the actual plot -- the npc heroes then begin getting bumped off for real, one by one, and it's up to the pc heroes to figure out what's going on.

So, the heroes arrived on the island and met the npc heroes and normals (staff at the mansion, people putting on the murder mystery weekend, etc.) after they got to know all the principals, i started setting the mood, with a storm rolling in (to isolate the heroes on the island). As i described the darkening sky and rolling thunder, an actual storm started up outside the apartment. Not a minor rainstorm, either. Evil-looking clouds, sheets of lightning, driving rain. We ran out onto the balcony to watch it roll in, and the players joked about my *really* setting the mood.

Then we returned to the game, with the characters gathered together in a sitting room, and i said that the lights in the mansion suddenly went out. At almost that exact moment, there was a crash of thunder and the lights in the apartment went out.

I think it freaked all of us out. My players actually awarded *me* experience points for that game.

lol

I'll add one to the list. I was the GM and the players were involved in a battle with Ogre (This was back in 4th ed). One player had a graduated EB. The more powerful the EB the more end exponentially. So 8d6 cost 4 end as base then went up sharply.

8d6/4 + 2d6/2 + 2d6/4 + 2d6/8 = 14d6/ 22 end

Since 10d6 was my norm this was fairly powerful.

Now I had beefed up Ogre for them and he was about 50-60 point more powerful than in the book mostly in defenses. So they'd been battling for a whole turn when Eclipse (the Blaster in question) Fires a pushed full power blast and rolls real well. Knockback sends Ogre flying across the battle field. There's this exclamation mark on the ground to mark his passage. He's lying against a pile of rubble that he pushed behind him in his passage. He gets up, looks at the exhausted blaster (who just burned 32 end) and says

"You hurt me. I don't like that."

The players just dropped their jaws and said in unison "Holy shit what does it take to stop this guy?" while the blaster went white and actually gulped.

Ohh, the fun of it.

Alright, this isn't Champions related, but I had one of these recently.

My character in Serenity is a cortex spector Alliance operative with a talent in the gentle art of poisons. She was responsible for killing a city on the planet Athens and has since gone off the grid. She had a child and decided to live on her cousin's ship. She had never given up her love for creating poisons/antitoxins and keeps a small supply in a bolted down locker with super crazy lock in her quarters.

During a trip to Lilac, the mechanic decided to preen herself up (damn this complication... it causes nothing but trouble) and went looking for jobs. A girl was getting beaten on the sidewalk and the tender hearted Nalani took the girl under her wing and promised to get her off of the planet.

After we got our jobs planetside, we headed to our next destination. I ended up running to the engine room to see Nalani putting out a small fire and she told me that her lovebot had been deactivated. I ran to my room and my locker full of poisons was opened and empty.

Wiring on the bridge was missing and we were dead in the black.

The pilot noticed that one of the airlocks was active and we ran to the room as he tried to disable it remotely. We got to the cargo hold and the girl Nalani had taken under her wing had a grin on her face and pushed the button and all of our very expensive/deadly/defensive things went out into the black.

My exact words were - "Oh S&*T. Ima f*&^in' kill Nalani"

My first long-running Champions campaign (being run by someone else), my character Arac saw two people on a pier, one holding a gun on the other. Being the incredible n00b that i still am, my first reaction was to have Arac use his webbing to entangle the gun. I figured that the entangle would stop the bullet.

My GM declared that the gunsel shot first and killed the person I was trying to save. And that was one of many ''Oh #@$%!'' moments in that game.

On a fight on top of the WTC (pre Sept 11 obviously) The Cat got clobbered, stunned and unconcious and knocked over the edge of the building.

Now The Cat had at the time 10 pd and 10 body - he was gonna make a nice 30d6 pavement pizza.

This one also qualifies for the "Oscar Foxtrot Mike" category, without a

doubt.

Major Tom 2009 :eek:

Ok, I remember one from way back in 1981 or so.

I was playing a Quicksilver knock off, with many inches of flight "Must touch a surface". Bad guy was on our aircraft's wing dismantling engines*. I decided to step outside and tackle him. Hey, as long as I'm touching the plane I'm flying, right? So I go for the move by, bad guy goes for a martial throw, and I find myself falling 30,000 feet. But I'm unconcerned, after all, the moment I hit the ground I'm flying and take no damage, right?**

30d6 was not enough to kill me, but it was enough to hospitalize me at -9 body***.

*Yes, we'd seen the Twighlight Zone, why do you ask?

**Wrong. Just because I start flying at impact doesn't prevent the impact.

***Technically, I was at about -6 body when I hit, then bled to -9 before a kindly passerby stabilized me.

I was starting a Champions story arc involving aliens coming to Earth, right after a new mentalist character (Subliminal) had been introduced (a session or two before). I wasn't incredibly familiar with the character, though I knew that among his powers was the ability to teleport both locally and in kilometer distances.

During the "first contact" scenario, one of the heroes (Synergy) ran into the aliens while patrolling solo and was KO'd by them into GM-Discretion-Land. The other heroes heard his distress call and were converging on the scene when Synergy started to fall from about a mile up. Almost all of his defenses are in force fields, which also cut off when he was KO'd. No way he can survive 30d6 into the ground.

Subliminal was first on the scene, and I wanted to give the new guy a chance to shine in the spotlight, so I said that the others were all too far away to get there before Synergy would hit. Made it clear there was no way they could get there in time. No problem, I'm thinking. I expected Subliminal to teleport to Synergy, then teleport with Synergy toward one of the flying heroes so she could bring them both in for a safe landing.

That's when Subliminal's player pointed out that he can't teleport any additional mass, just himself. :eek:

Luckily, he found a way to save Synergy, but for a while there, I was having my own "Oh #@$%!" Moment.

DnD 3.5, playing a monk. we had been having problem with a reoccuring villain rogue/assasin, who kept death attacking me, well, to death. So i pumped up my spot checks to the point where I could beat his hide checks, waiting for the next time I would encounter him....

Finally, the moment came, when the DM asked me to make a spot check when there were no opponents nearby (yeah, a bit metagame-y, but the guy kept one-shotting me!). I roll spot. I roll really high.

the DM tells me "You don't see anything". ...then I remember that assasin's can cast invisibility......

"OH SHI-" *death attack*

everytime, that stupid death attack killed me cause I kept rolling nat 1's on the save (autofailure)