6E Needs A Name

therealfoxbat

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 6E Needs A Name

Anyway' date=' the acronym is HSSE, which will be made to sound like Hussy, so we are back to 'Sexy' again: there's no getting away from it.[/quote']

Blue One and Blue Two. Much better than that sexy stuff.

In RL I tend to say 6th Edition. Once folk know we are talking about the 6E books, I ask for Book 1 and Book 2.

Tasha

PS I am really sick of the nicknames. I just want to call the books by their real name. I don't mind shortening it to make it easier to type, but vocally, I can say the words. I don't need them shortened.

Blue One and Blue Two. Much better than that sexy stuff.

In RL I tend to say 6th Edition. Once folk know we are talking about the 6E books, I ask for Book 1 and Book 2.

Tasha

PS I am really sick of the nicknames. I just want to call the books by their real name. I don't mind shortening it to make it easier to type, but vocally, I can say the words. I don't need them shortened.

Not my sexy stuff: I'm just saying that it is difficult to get away from, even with Derek's completely straight and proper name. :)

I suggested the BGs (they are Blue and Gold), and they could be called Barry and Robin. The APG would be called Maurice.

I can see why that might not catch on, but I reserve the right to drop those names into discussions whenever it might be most confusing.

As far as I know the official 'type' abbreviations are 6e1 and 6e2, which is easy enough IMO. Mind you when you SAY that...

I still kind of like SHREd (because it rhymes with FREd) but I'm learning to like Six Ed (abbreviated 6ed or 6e.)

However, just like with the last time, I will probably for a time refer to "The New Regime," "The New Dispensation," etc.

Maybe we need an onomastician....

Lucius Alexander

"O No!" cries the palindromedary

Here's a zany thought...

How about "HERO System Sixth Edition?"

Too long.

6E. Sixth Edition.

When referencing a specific book: 6E1, 6E2.

The books don't need "names" - they aren't children.

They have names. 6E1, 6E2 and, for the system as a whole, 6e. Quick and easy to type.

FRED came about through happenstance, and it stuck. Any decent nickname for 6e will come through similar circumstances, not by being forced.

"Six" or "Sixth" work fine for me, as in "that's not how they do it in Sixth".

I am somewhat partial to "Ol' 788"* though.:D

*The total page count for 6th is 788 for 6E1 and 6E2. I'm assuming 7th will be referred to as "Ol' 1024" for the initial version and "Ol' 1484" for the "revised expanded edition".

Well, it's actually TWO volumes.

The Volume 1 is officially abbreviated "6E1," which can be pronounced "Sexy One."

Volume 2 is "6E2", or "Sexy Two," or "I'm Too Sexy."

JG

I remember a sizable support for "SexEd."

Anyway' date=' the acronym is HSSE, which will be made to sound like Hussy, so we are back to 'Sexy' again: there's no getting away from it.[/quote']

Yeah, 'cause the one thing we really need to do is reinforce the image of gamers as sex-obsessed and socially awkward. :rolleyes:

They have names. 6E1, 6E2 and, for the system as a whole, 6e. Quick and easy to type.

FRED came about through happenstance, and it stuck. Any decent nickname for 6e will come through similar circumstances, not by being forced.

Actually 6E1 and 6E2 are easy to type. I use those.

I seem to recall people here having more sense of humor.

JG